Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, I have $20 in steam wallet money. What should I get, bros? I don't care about length, genre, graphics, etc. I just want something that's fun to play.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
What do you normally like to play? If you have not done so get Dark Souls.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What do you normally like to play? If you have not done so get Dark Souls.

My controller took a shit or that's exactly what I would've gotten.

In terms of what I enjoy, I just want something fun. I've refunded about 5 steam games in the last 2 months because they never "hooked" me more than 2 hours.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
No love for Salt and Sanctuary? Great game, literally a 2D Dark Souls homage.

Only $12.05 right now.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I playing that right now but got side tracked by actual Dark Souls so didn't get very far.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm really digging this Ori and the Blind Forest game as well

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
To go along with Ori and the Blind Forest I've enjoyed:

Owlboy, Axiom Verge, Guacamele, Salt and Sanctuary, Dust, Rogue Legacy, Child of Light. I went through a Platformer / Metroidvania crunch for a couple of months. There's a few others I still want to try out.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Last Hope - Tower Defense is on sale for 4.49 right now on steam for the winter sale. Highly, highly recommend if you like tower defense games. I'd say if you enjoyed Kingdom Rush or Defense Grid, this is an absolute must buy. The price is insanely cheap for how big and deep the game is.

Tenks

It is a great game even though the water escape parts almost made me rage quit.

I personally loved that part. I'm at the part now where you have to hold the globe and walk on the fire bricks and manipulate gravity. I'm having a far harder time here.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I played a ton of Darkest Dungeon lately, it is a great game and usually on sale for less than 20 bucks.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I personally loved that part. I'm at the part now where you have to hold the globe and walk on the fire bricks and manipulate gravity. I'm having a far harder time here.

That was my favorite area! Hilarious how different people view the same parts of a game.

For the record, I bet you love the jet bike stage in Battletoads too.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
No love for Salt and Sanctuary? Great game, literally a 2D Dark Souls homage.

Only $12.05 right now.

I was loving this and then Dark Souls 3 came out and I just stopped playing. Probably going to have restart since I don't remember anything about where I left off.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I played a ton of Darkest Dungeon lately, it is a great game and usually on sale for less than 20 bucks.

Story or gameplay wise? I have a really hard time getting into turn based games like that and Shadowrun. I want nothing more than to play them but man I just don't enjoy it.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Story or gameplay wise? I have a really hard time getting into turn based games like that and Shadowrun. I want nothing more than to play them but man I just don't enjoy it.

It like the story and the gameplay, but it is a grindy roguelike that is brutally difficult at some points and that really turns some people off. The story is actually revealed in bits and pieces so that can be a turnoff also. Haha, the way I describe it makes it seem like a horrible game but I put 80 hours into it and only stopped because my twin sons got old enough to crawl and walk around so time to play games went to 0.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ended up getting shovel Knight which i love, plus dead by daylight and also Utnayan gifted me dragons dogma dark arisen.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
At the last minute I bought the MacVenture bundle (Shadowgate, Deja Vu, etc) and the Darksiders games (which came highly recommended by both Mire and Marmac). Looking forward to playing them.

Tenks

Ended up getting shovel Knight which i love, plus dead by daylight and also Utnayan gifted me dragons dogma dark arisen.

Shovel Knight has additional free content planned as well. I beat the game and was surprised I could play again as Plague Knight. Apparently playing as Specter Knight is upcoming in Spring and after that King Knight. I actually find Plague Knight's mechanics more engaging than Shovel Knight.