Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
At the last minute I bought the MacVenture bundle (Shadowgate, Deja Vu, etc)

These are awesome. I played them on the Mac SE back in 1990. Shadowgate was my favorite, followed by Deja Vu, then uninvited, and then DV2.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
These are awesome. I played them on the Mac SE back in 1990. Shadowgate was my favorite, followed by Deja Vu, then uninvited, and then DV2.
I played through Shadowgate and Uninvited on the NES (loved 'em), and tried but never beat Deja Vu. I thought it would be nice to play them in their original formats but damn, the methods they use to keep you moving are nasty! In Shadowgate my torch went out on the first screen while I was putzing around... Brutal.

Shadowgate_Death_by_8_bit_Painter.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
My Steam sale purchases were:

Pharaoh Rebirth+ | Environmental Station Alpha | Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight | Crashlands | Barony | Ginger: Beyond the Crystal | Telepath Tactics | TIMEframe | Pony Island | Xanadu Next | Verde Station | Ascension to the Throne | Dex | SteamWorld Dig | Space Rangers HD: A War Apart | Amphora | Seraph | Sethian | Moekuri: Adorable + Tactical SRPG

I already played and finished Seraph and Amphora, and started on Sethian (which is SUPER interesting so far). I think my total spending was ~$110? I forget. Whatever, I spent like nothing on Christmas this year nor did I receive much so happy holidays to me :p

Also all of them were lowest they've been aside from 1 or 2 that were off by like 50 cents.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Potentially dumb question but if I want to use a ds3 or ds4 on my pc what do I need to do? Are there official drivers now or do I need to use a program still?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think Steam has quite released full ds3/ds4 capabilities yet. Think the talk was sometime early this year. Can't wait.

Rime

<Donor>
This was probably the first Steam Sale where I did not purchase a single thing.

Guess it is due to Civ6 still being too 'new' for my tastes, FarCry 4 having sucked (and Primal just being a re-skin of it), and Final Fantasy 15 having come out earlier.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This was probably the first Steam Sale where I did not purchase a single thing.

Guess it is due to Civ6 still being too 'new' for my tastes, FarCry 4 having sucked (and Primal just being a re-skin of it), and Final Fantasy 15 having come out earlier.
Didn't buy shit either. Some of that has got to be shitty sales. I also feel like the last two years for gaming has kinda fucking sucked, at least in my tastes. Maybe Prey, Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption the new Mass Effect etc will be really good. Maybe The Last of Us pt. II sneaks in the back end of 2017, as well.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The sad fact is all the sales are so generic any more w/o the daily flash sales that there's no point buying anything on one sale when it'll be on sale again next sale. So unless there's something on your immediate radar before the sale, there's no longer any incentive to commit

• 1Solidarity

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's stuff that goes on sale that doesn't go on sale again next time or for as much, just as there's stuff that goes on sale for the first time or a better discount. You generally shouldn't buy games you aren't going to play for months anyway though unless you're a digital collector.

But I'm gonna go ahead and say your guys' tastes suck because my GOTY list for last year was tough between like 10 games, and that's just the ones I played. There's other ones I didn't get to yet :p Out of the games I bought during the winter sale I've already played 4 of them, so yea if you are just buying games cause cheap discount or it's the flashy big names, then Steam sales aren't great. Steam sales are AMAZING for not-AAA gaming.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also, the bundle from last month was crazy, goddamn. 4 games off my wishlist worth like ~$30 at their lowest combined totals. And I sold the Vermintide key for $6 sooooo $30 for $6! Capitalism ho!

The key for Xcom unlocks when you PAY for the bundle (the 10% off Humble Store is similar I think?), it's been a good while since I first subscribed but the autopay only comes out at the end of the month. You can tell it to charge early though.