Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Been waiting for this for awhile after stupidly passing after Christmas: DOOM on PC for $20 (also looks like Amazon has it as well, but it appeared to be physical? Unsure)

Btw, how the fuck is ShitStop still in business? Any time I have ever had to use their website, it runs like a sack of shit.

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Empyrion: Galactic Survival on sale for $10 on Humble Store, steam activation.

Is it worth $10? I really, really wanted No Man's Sky to be good because I love that type of game. Wondering if this would fill the niche.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would say it's closer to Minecraft than a sci-fi exploration game or something like that, but I enjoy it quite a bit for what it is. And they push out tweaks/content constantly, I've replayed from scratch a few times since I bought it and the journey was different with new stuff to find each time. I bought it for like $15 or $20 and never regretted it.

If you don't like designing your own buildings/ships, there are blueprints in the game to use to resources to build pre-designed stuff, plus all the blueprints on the Steam workshop.

It's absolutely a better game than NMS, but it doesn't quite fill that explore-the-galaxy itch yet because there's a limited amount of in-game planets for now (dunno if this changes in the future... it might since the planets themselves use random generation already). I don't really know of any game that fulfills that promise.

Much like Minecraft, it's more fun coop with some buddies, but there's plenty to do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Are Age of Decadence and Dungeon of Rats any good? The Trailer really sold me on Decadence and you can get both for 12 bucks at the moment on Steam?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't played AoD myself yet but I picked it up a while back, I've only really seen positive feedback on it. No clue on Dungeon of Rats

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Dungeon of Rats (thought it was Dungeon Rats) is like a strategy rpg set in the AoD world.

AoD is decent, especially on a deep sale.

Wrathin3L

Peasant
Are Age of Decadence and Dungeon of Rats any good? The Trailer really sold me on Decadence and you can get both for 12 bucks at the moment on Steam?

AoD is realy rough around the edges, but fairly rewarding while punishing gameplay. I still haven't beaten it yet, but it's hard to recommend with out knowing if you like getting punched in the balls for not selecting the right skill ups /character build prior to progressing quests.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
AoD is realy rough around the edges, but fairly rewarding while punishing gameplay. I still haven't beaten it yet, but it's hard to recommend with out knowing if you like getting punched in the balls for not selecting the right skill ups /character build prior to progressing quests.

That sounds like the kind of games this community was built around but times do change I suppose :p

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I installed Steam on an older laptop that I wanted to use for some casual gaming. I got about 100 games.

Anyone know if Steam has a function where I can see at a glance in my Game Library what is going to be able to run on this older laptop and what isnt?

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I installed Steam on an older laptop that I wanted to use for some casual gaming. I got about 100 games.

Anyone know if Steam has a function where I can see at a glance in my Game Library what is going to be able to run on this older laptop and what isnt?
Also note you can stream from your desktop if it's on the same LAN

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
After Comrade Araysar posted that last night reading up on it, looks like Valve won't support that function. Since recommended settings are just that (recommendations) arbitrarily assigned by publishers of games they don't want to be in the position of telling people what they may or may not be able to run and have the onus come back on them as the responsible party for misleading a Steam user. It kind of sounds reasonable, but then again we're mostly not in the average of gamers so we'd probably be able to discern the difference. Others though maybe not. I dunno. Still seems like a good idea to me.