Steam Deals and Digital Sales

spronk

FPS noob
humbles "let get in on this anti trump thing" bundle, $30 minimum. humble will match the first 300k
Humble Freedom Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)

C4kVYqjVYAQZWkv.jpg

C4kVZLEUYAAIlES.jpg

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
It isn't a bad game. Clunky but fun when it came out.

But yeah the Risen franchise is made by the same people that made the Gothic games, and so if you have experience with those games you know the first two were buggy, quirky, fun games, but then Gothic 3 was a disaster that basically killed that company.

Risen follows in the footsteps of the first two Gothics, buggy, quirky, kinda fun, but overall mediocre.
Gothic 2 is one my favorites. It's why I got risen in the first place. Maybe I'll get to play it someday.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Man i just picked up the namco bandai humble bundle and warhammer monthly and they drop that. Some great games in there and a few i dont have but want. Not sure if i would be better off waiting on those few though.

TW Warhammer has absolutely been worth it this month though, having a great time even though i had no idea what I was doing.

Ace combat from the namco bundle is pretty much unplayable with how bad the controls are handled.

sonicmaster

Molten Core Raider
I know it's for charity and all but 30$ is still a good amount for a bunch of games that might not be good.
Could we try to make a general evaluation of the bundle to see if it's worth it?

These are the ones I own and have completed:

- Guacamelee: it's awesome. Platformer. Great controls, great visuals, fast paced, fluid, funny story, tons of easter eggs and nice fighting mechanics and power ups.
- World of Goo: it must be some years old, I know I've played quite a while back. Puzzle game. It's good. It's different and captivating and based of physics/mechanics. I don't always finish puzzle games but when I do it's because the game kept it interesting.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Stardew Valley is awesomely addictive.

Subnautica was pretty cool but in early testing the last time I played it. Haven't touched it in a long time, so it may be a more interesting game at this point

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I know it's for charity and all but 30$ is still a good amount for a bunch of games that might not be good.
Could we try to make a general evaluation of the bundle to see if it's worth it?

These are the ones I own and have completed:

- Guacamelee: it's awesome. Platformer. Great controls, great visuals, fast paced, fluid, funny story, tons of easter eggs and nice fighting mechanics and power ups.
- World of Goo: it must be some years old, I know I've played quite a while back. Puzzle game. It's good. It's different and captivating and based of physics/mechanics. I don't always finish puzzle games but when I do it's because the game kept it interesting.
It's not a "charity" it's a non-profit - the ACLU. Known for such charitable endeavors as filing lawsuits to prevent our President from keeping American citizens safe.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob
The Witness is pretty amazing game but its 100% a puzzle game ala Myst so may not be everyones thing. pretty beautiful. been down to $20 lowest price i think so $30 for getting it plus 20 more games is great

stardew valley is many peoples GOTY, its basically a farming / village sim ala animal crossing or the game that its based on, Harvest Moon. Its done by 1 guy. Seems like one of those games you love or can't figure out why the fuck anyone would play for more than 10 mins (me)

day of the tentacle is good but its a remaster, its been on sale multiple times, its been free on PS+ or xbox, and it'll be on sale again.

rest of the games are meh I'd say, nothing insanely great. yeah, I don't think the bundle is worth $30 either. They've already raised $762k so they aren't doing matching anymore. BTW you can adjust the sliders on the pay area so you can donate 0% or 100% to one charity, ie set ACLU to 0 and medicine sans frontiers to 100% or whatever

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It really depends on your tastes. Most of those games are solid and just a couple of the bigger ones (Witness, Stardew Valley, etc.) at their cheapest cost more than the bundle so yea. Main problem for me is I own basically all of it already :p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought about picking it up but they already ran out of keys for Subnautica which would of been the main draw for me (already own Stardew Valley). So I'll probably pass on it unless they restock.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Dark Souls 2 Sins of the Scholar is like 12 bucks right now on the PSN.