Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
im guessing no. just fired it up and it crashes everytime i hit play. wtf

Looks like they got me for 7 bucks! lol Fuckers.
I assume you've done some google-fu and tried the couple of fixes that pop up? I can't remember what I did to "fix" it, but Fallout 3's working fine for me on Win 7.*

*It crashes maybe 1 in 6 or 7 play sessions; thankfully with the way it obsessively autosaves every time you enter/exit something, I lose hardly anything. It also won't ever come back after an alt-tab, but meh, that's what steams's overlay browser, a second comp, or your phone's for.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I assume you've done some google-fu and tried the couple of fixes that pop up? I can't remember what I did to "fix" it, but Fallout 3's working fine for me on Win 7.*

*It crashes maybe 1 in 6 or 7 play sessions; thankfully with the way it obsessively autosaves every time you enter/exit something, I lose hardly anything. It also won't ever come back after an alt-tab, but meh, that's what steams's overlay browser, a second comp, or your phone's for.
i need to install windows 7. I have windows 8 right now. i thought i try it out. lol I think ill install 7 tomorrow/later today.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've played FO3 and FO:NV on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1, pretty sure 7 was the only one that gave me any problem and like the first google fix solved it.

And yea disable GFWL. I had it on and it didn't affect much but it gives most people issues.

I started Fallout NV yesterday and I already prefer it to Fallout 3. The combat seems much tighter and cleaner, and really that's what I most enjoy in fallout games.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, NV is a better game, in my opinion. At least comparing the two games without any add-ons etc.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I started Fallout NV yesterday and I already prefer it to Fallout 3. The combat seems much tighter and cleaner, and really that's what I most enjoy in fallout games.
I just got finished with a NV play through. I dumped about 150 hours into it. The only DLC I hated was the Sierra Madre one, but it setup the other ones very well. Honest hearts is very standalone, but its the best one I think. Lonesome Road was pretty good, I liked Ulysses.

The one with James Urbaniak was pretty rad. Yes Man is Dave Foley in that game to. Rene Auberjonis is Mr. House. It has a fantastic voice cast for the major players.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like how they snuck in an Evil Within with 0% discount into the sales list
wink.png

I take it this is the one list? I'm not seeing a new countdown, so if there's nothing I want I'm already done with this sale?

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tried the demo for Evil Within. Man, I want to like this game. But I can't.

All games require suspension of disbelief; all games end up having some arbitrary version of physics and whatnot that you have to play with. This I know. But there is *too many* contradictory nonsense things and little rage moments.

More than once I raged at single use hatchets, at my characters inability to turn obviously and clearly available scrap lumber into torches, at zombies simply walking through bonfires, at the inability to simply push (or THIS IS SPARTA kick (apparently only doors are worthy of this move)) zombies.

kidgamer_sl

shitlord
Titanfall on sale at Amazon for $10

Titanfall [Online Game Code]
Available Now.
Sold by Amazon Digital Services.
Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

Link

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Titanfall on sale at Amazon for $10

Titanfall [Online Game Code]
Available Now.
Sold by Amazon Digital Services.
Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

Link
just scooped this up, hell of a deal for 10 bucks Y not?

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
game did take a while to download even with a 100mb line. Game runs smooth as butter though. I just got done playing my first little game after the tutorial, had a blast, it was fun.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ubisoft has pulled the new AC game and most of their titles globally from Steam, incoming uPlay standalone?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I refuse to buy anything on Uplay and I've told them so repeatedly, not that it means anything. Just means less customers for them. Ubisoft has it's head up it's ass.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's more than likely a mistake. One of the titles bounced on and off a couple times yesterday. And all their stuff is still listed on Origin.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The games are still on the store page, just not on the client so yeah, who knows. Aren't they gonna just do that shit where when you launch it, it launches uplay/origin anyway? So doesn't really matter.