Steam deck portable handheld gaming PC from Valve

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Congrats you are now hard wired to a desk for an even shittier desktop experience?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's up on Steam, available 11/16

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
there is a limited edition version up too for $649 with 1TB ssd, they are phasing out the LCD models apparently as well and will sell them until they go OOS

tempting, i do love my steam deck but i play it maybe 2 hours a month when going to appts and stuff

didnt watch yet but seems like its more than just a screen swap too, although i don't think its more powerful just small QoL stuff

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
They need a trade in program but on the other hand I upgraded my ssd heh.

Damn I want this one.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah if I played mine more I'd want it too, I'll pick up the 2 in a few years for sure though.

Kinda want one of those dbrand cases now tho.

Last edited:

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also don't use enough, wonder if I can still sell for close to retail whatsoever on ebay if I were to splurge upgrade though should just wait I guess.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
That extra battery life probably makes it a worthwhile swap on it's own

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Extra battery life, better screen, slightly better performance, lighter, easier to mod.

Anyone wanna buy a Steam Deck modded with a 512 ssd?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
My Steam Deck seldom gets used out of it's dock. 95%+ the time I using my deck it is on my 100" Laser TV. The OLED screen does nothing for me.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Looks like I’ll be giving my son the LCD version and I’ll grab myself the OLED one. I do use mine a lot at work so I know it won’t be collecting dust somewhere in my gaming room.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Looks like I’ll be giving my son the LCD version and I’ll grab myself the OLED one. I do use mine a lot at work so I know it won’t be collecting dust somewhere in my gaming room.
What do you actually play on this? This just seems good for idk platformers but that's a very specific genre. I feel like most of my steam library is not very conducive to a controller, unlike most the stuff I'd buy on the switch.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What do you actually play on this? This just seems good for idk platformers but that's a very specific genre. I feel like most of my steam library is not very conducive to a controller, unlike most the stuff I'd buy on the switch.
What sort of loser uses a controller. Got a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard for mine

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 users