SteamOS

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So conflicted.

I'm not going to lie though, I wish Valve was public. I'd bet on them if I could.

Bah, perhaps I should apply
wink.png
They day Valve goes public is the day the company goes to shit.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy crap - I thought my wife was nuts for knives. Hers would be made 2 to 2-1/2 shelves worth.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Figured it was a controller for today's announcement...but, uh, what? Maybe I'm too far removed from consoles(last one I owned/played was a PS1), but that doesn't look too fun to use, specifically the dpads.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks interesting. Same beta sign-up as Steam Machine, so if you did that badge you are eligible for both.

I'd like to try it out.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Well a controller instead of a major game anouncement like HL3 is a bit of a disappointment, but I guess a potentially revolutionary gamepad is pretty good too.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I forsee "Giant game announcements" being made when the device shipping/preorder date is released.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was totally wrong about the iphone when it moved from physical buttons to a touch screen so I'm going to shut my mouth on this until the community tries it.
Hmm you bring up an interesting point. I have clung to my slide phone for the physical keyboard too long. I may have to embrace innovation on both fronts.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Looks like something you'd have to have your hands on, but nothing I'd go out of my way to get/use. Look forward to hands-on impressions.

For me these announcements were all downhill from the streaming part of the SteamOS reveal.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I was totally wrong about the iphone when it moved from physical buttons to a touch screen so I'm going to shut my mouth on this until the community tries it.
The button placement seems incredibly awkward and ill-conceived. The "right-stick" being a trackpad is a good idea (though a trackball would be better) and an improvement when it comes to Aiming, but the "left-stick" also being one is a really horrendously bad idea and definitely inferior for movement (particularly with third person cameras) and vehicles, etc.