Stephen King's The Dark Tower

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. If the series gets a little more main stream I'm thinking my wife might get less irritated with me when I occasionally employ the "You have forgotten the face of your father" line when I discipline our kids.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
wouldnt surprise me if they made odetta roland's love interest and they scrap the character of eddie altogether. instead of being a racist schizo rich woman klepto. detta is now an addict working as a drug mule for Balthazar who is also black.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
wouldnt surprise me if they made odetta roland's love interest and they scrap the character of eddie altogether. instead of being a racist schizo rich woman klepto. detta is now an addict working as a drug mule for Balthazar who is also black.
The way casting rumors are going so far, it wouldnt surprise me if they madeJakeinto Rolands love interest.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So are they just completely writing Susannah out of it now? I guess it depends in a way what this movie covers, if it is only the Gunslinger that seems too short, but I guess they will stretch it out with a bunch of bullshit? I kind of thought it would have to just do the first two books as one movie though.

Tirana Cast: Abbey Lee Lands Dark Tower Role

Although the outlet notes that Tirana is the film's female lead, the news may come as a surprise to fans of the books. The only Tirana that appears in the series of novels plays a relatively small role in the series' seventh book.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I might just be a hater but I think the McConaughey casting is awful in its own right. I don't know who the perfect cast would be for the man in black but he sure as fuck doesn't strike me as it. I guess I agree he would make a better Roland than Flagg but I still wouldn't be a huge fan of the choice. Christian Bale sounds good for either role, but he's probably too good for whatever shitpile this thing ends up being.

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
Don't know how I feel about the casting.. I actually thought Karl Urban would have made a good Roland but what the fuck do I know

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So are they just completely writing Susannah out of it now? I guess it depends in a way what this movie covers, if it is only the Gunslinger that seems too short, but I guess they will stretch it out with a bunch of bullshit? I kind of thought it would have to just do the first two books as one movie though.

Tirana Cast: Abbey Lee Lands Dark Tower Role
this is actually fucking tarded. there are 4 important women in the first novel, Allie and the "crazy religious fat woman" in Tull, the "girl by the window" and his mother. if they plan on fucking over tull and the reason why roland becomes a man, then why fucking bother with this IP? just write your own bullshit western and be done with it.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
McConaughey is more suited to play Roland than Idris is.. I just don't get how Roland became black..
Who the hell knows. On one hand, King supports the casting choice, and I was curious if that would be the case. Maybe he's just old and doesn't give a shit, or excited about banking a big potential payday if the franchise takes off. I'm leaning towards the former.

Is there a chance of it turning out well? Sure, with the level of talent involved. Will it be the same story many of us have enjoyed over the years, probably not. Guess I wish the source material was a little more sacred when it comes to something like this, but if the author gives you the green light to do whatever the hell you want, then whatever...

rrr_img_127651.jpg

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they are changing things, can they rewrite the last third or so of the 7th book?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
yall are gonna crucify me for this but hear me out.

I was watching TWD the other night and it struck me that Rick wouldnt be a terrible choice for Roland. He's not Eastwood, sure. But I could see it. Picture it. Tell me he wouldnt be a better choice than this fucking black dude.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
yall are gonna crucify me for this but hear me out.

I was watching TWD the other night and it struck me that Rick wouldnt be a terrible choice for Roland. He's not Eastwood, sure. But I could see it. Picture it. Tell me he wouldnt be a better choice than this fucking black dude.
I'd rather Roland was played by Melissa McCarthy.

Simas_sl

shitlord
I never read these because I heard they got pretty bad by the end, and weird, with like Steven King making himself a character in the story etc. Some of the press I've seen from the movie says most of it will take place in our world. Someone hook me up with the cliffnotes bout this series.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
6 and 7 aren't "bad" by any stretch but here totally not on par with the rest. It just gets really meta with King trying to incorporate all of his mythos into them. The parts relating to Harry Potter are way out of left field. I'm not a huge fan of the first book but it's also some of his first writing and it's super short so you can burn through it in a few hours.