Stranger Things

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Just playing the title music and throwing up a "2" would be hype after this show was such a surprise. I think I saw a zerg overmind being born, though.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
RIP Earth, welcome Queen Amygdala

It does bear an uncanny resemblance doesn't it.

What are the chances that they might blend the Amygdala imagery with Lolth, since a creature from D&D was the big bad in S1?

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Super Bowl commercial made me binge watch this show (I don't really watch anything ever these days), show was fucking amazing. So much 80s, so good. The monster pushing through the wall totally reminded me of Ghostbusters (yes, that is the version of that horror cliche that stands out the most to me), and lo and behold, the kids are dressed as Ghostbusters in Season 2. Also, noticed that Will doesn't seem to be in any of the group shots in that trailer for S2.... that bodes ill.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
shit plot, way too many cliches, pure nostalgia = stranger things

all that anticipation build up for a climax and resolution that left me wholly unsatisfied. great soundtrack and callbacks though to 80s music, style and TV

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I very much enjoyed this series. A few things were over the top, but overall, I'd recommend it to any fans of the genre. Looking forward to season 2.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
shit plot, way too many cliches, pure nostalgia = stranger things

all that anticipation build up for a climax and resolution that left me wholly unsatisfied. great soundtrack and callbacks though to 80s music, style and TV

Why do you hate life and good things, Broysar?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Come on man! 80's throwback horror done about 85% right to just watch and enjoy. If I judged every show by the annoying little shit parts I didn't like then I would watch exactly 2 shows. Justified and Better Call Saul.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Super Bowl commercial made me binge watch this show (I don't really watch anything ever these days), show was fucking amazing. So much 80s, so good. The monster pushing through the wall totally reminded me of Ghostbusters (yes, that is the version of that horror cliche that stands out the most to me), and lo and behold, the kids are dressed as Ghostbusters in Season 2. Also, noticed that Will doesn't seem to be in any of the group shots in that trailer for S2.... that bodes ill.

wrong movie, that was nightmare on elm street.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
That fucking music gets me hyped. Definitely in for Season 2. I think it might be hard to replicate the fun of 1 but I'm up for it.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
come on man, that was like every kid movie/book trope being mashed just into one giant pile of shit

There's a difference between imitation and homage. Granted, it's a fine line- easier to identify than to define. ST did a fantastic job of honoring the genre and time period and walking that line.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Finally have a release date October 27

stranger-things-season-2-poster-big.jpg

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Finally have a release date October 27

stranger-things-season-2-poster-big.jpg

October sounds further away than it is. Goddamn this year has flown by. Between movies and television/streaming this year should close out firing on all cylinders.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users