Succession

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, she's showing her RL pregnancy in this episode. Only several days have progressed this season for the most part.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Calling it now. Menken blows off Kendall, goes with Lukas and he cuts out Shiv and makes Tom CEO. Shows ends with no Roys at ATN and on the outside looking in

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Calling it now. Menken blows off Kendall, goes with Lukas and he cuts out Shiv and makes Tom CEO. Shows ends with no Roys at ATN and on the outside looking in
That's my pet theory as well. Though, a part of me thinks there's a chance that Greg will be tasked to fire Tom.

There's a lot of ways they can go with it that will have some degree of satisfaction for me, though.

Roman being broken now I wonder if he'll have some call back to the first season with him being the deciding vote on the board, but I don't know why he would vote for Mattson.

The only thing I hope doesn't happen is having the kid's death coming back to haunt Kendell. I think that story is done and would feel cheap to have it come back and actually hurt him right now when there's only one person who can go against him and he already buttoned that up.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been thinking Tom's the guy for a few episodes now. The show seems to stick to the real world decently well and rarely do giant international conglomerates ever get handed down to the family. At least in America it seems. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Didn't Logan get a lot of his connections through his first wife? It all lines up pretty nicely.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been thinking Tom's the guy for a few episodes now. The show seems to stick to the real world decently well and rarely do giant international conglomerates ever get handed down to the family. At least in America it seems. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Didn't Logan get a lot of his connections through his first wife? It all lines up pretty nicely.
Tom is ascending at the right time in the arc.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The big question: Who Is Going To Win?

1. Episode 8, was the ending of Shiv. She fucked her position with her brother's and lost Mattson's trust & respect. Kendall & Roman elevate.
2. Episode 9, was pretty much the conclusion of Roman's story. He failed on the biggest stage and completely broke. He knows it, everyone knows it. Kendall elevates further.
3. Episode 10, prediction is that Kendall rises, rises, rises and then gets betrayed by Bodyguard Colin and probably ends up in handcuff's. They don't put that scene with Colin and Kendall in Episode 9 unless it is going to payoff in the finale. The rest of Waystar Royco, the Board/Jeri/Frank/Karl want to do the deal anyways, so they move towards the GoJo buyout.

Mattson agrees to install a US CEO in order to get the deal pushed through. At the last minute, instead of Shiv, he installs the ultimate puppet... Greg. Greg's first order handed down by Mattson, is to fire Tom with the Cruise Ship scandal being the bullet. This completely cuts out the Roy family from everything, and they are all destroyed and devastated in their own ways.

• 3Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'll avatar bet the kid's death has no bearing on Ken's fate.

I think that scene was only there to show that Kendall was solidifying his power and tying up loose ends.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm inclined to agree with Fight Fight

Although, an ending where the Roy kids walk away with billions isn't exactly an unhappy ending. It's kinda like how everyone thought Vince would pass to Shane or Stephanie+HHH (nobody ever mentions this succession style saga when discussing the show) but instead he sold it to UFC

• 1Garbage

nu_11

You cant make a Tomlette without breaking few Greggs

• 1Solidarity

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Happy finale day. Saw a couple new things posted on HBO's YT

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So now people are predicting Cousin Greg ends up on top? I thought I was crazy predicting Greg's rise?

I would love to see that, and the writing is on the wall with Greg betraying Tom. He saw how Tom was treating him when the stakes were high, and isnt afraid to reach for power when presented with the opportunity.

BUT. I just cant see the show runners having Greg be "the Successor". It would just be too preposterous. A half wit cousin no one knows or cares about that started as a joke mascot but ends up with the crown? No. Any scenario that doesnt include Ken as the Successor is just dumb. He has the most character growth, the most consequence, the one that Logan had in mind, and most of all, is the best man for the job. Him killing someone was just there to add dimension to his character, and give him the bottom needed for an ascent to the top.

Also the whole GoJo Asian numbers thing is obviously the element Ken needs in order to fulfil his power play with uno reversing on GoJo and eating them instead. Its almost too obvious, in a way. Plus, Greg can still fuck Tom in this scenario, as Ken will give Greg a top position and proposition him to get rid of Tom. The most powerful aspect of Ken and his story is when he was talking to Shiv, and said "I want to be able to talk about it in the open, me being the one". The gravity of the statement was just huge, and unburdened Ken by allowing him to realize his destiny and achieve it out in the open, not having to do it behind his family's back.

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I normally hate the typical hate towards female characters that is fairly common in TV threads, but holy shit, Shiv has to be the worst character ever. Just a complete cunt.

I realise she was their only play, but it's still insane to me that they would trust her considering how many times she's tried to knife them in the back. But then again, not everyone holds grudges like me I guess.

• 1Like

Zzen

Potato del Grande
FUCK SHIV ROY! WHAT A DUMB FUCKING CUNT!

ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA!

• 1Worf

Juvarisx

Florida
Stuck the ending. No complaints, this was through and through one of the best shows ever

100/10

Watch it all, its worth it.

• 1Like