Succession

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Terrible fucking ending to an otherwise fantastic show.

How fucking dumb was it that Shiv took the position she did? It made ZERO FUCKING SENSE. And then the waiter guy that died ends up coming up OUT OF NOWHERE to make her and Roman literally act out of character. Even if they thought he was a monster, voting against him was NOT IN THEIR INTEREST.

I have lost all hope for any media that comes from a leftist network. I really hate to go there, but its true. That creative decision to shortstop Ken at the end after all of the development you gave to him, might be the dumbest fucking thing Ive ever watched on TV. And for what? For Tom to be the "Successor"? WHY? He didnt grow or do anything besides suck dick the entire show. The Roys lost, thats what the show was about. There was no successor. Awful.

edit: The dorky director guy with the glasses turned me off when I saw him talking on an after the episode video, I was surprised that the show was so good with a guy like him involved. Welp.
Spoken like somebody who isn't a serious person

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 3 users

nu_11

Terrible fucking ending to an otherwise fantastic show.

How fucking dumb was it that Shiv took the position she did? It made ZERO FUCKING SENSE. And then the waiter guy that died ends up coming up OUT OF NOWHERE to make her and Roman literally act out of character. Even if they thought he was a monster, voting against him was NOT IN THEIR INTEREST.

I have lost all hope for any media that comes from a leftist network. I really hate to go there, but its true. That creative decision to shortstop Ken at the end after all of the development you gave to him, might be the dumbest fucking thing Ive ever watched on TV. And for what? For Tom to be the "Successor"? WHY? He didnt grow or do anything besides suck dick the entire show. The Roys lost, thats what the show was about. There was no successor. Awful.

edit: The dorky director guy with the glasses turned me off when I saw him talking on an after the episode video, I was surprised that the show was so good with a guy like him involved. Welp.
FxR6ih8aMAA611d.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was thinking about it last night, and whats strange is earlier in the season I was kind of opposed to Ken fucking the deal, but after he showed he is the only one who is remotely capable of running the company, he won me over.

I like Tom too, but I just hate the ending. The only reason it even remotely makes sense is I could see Logan fucking over Ken and giving it to Tom. But other than that, Shivs behavior at the end felt fake and ruined everything they built up during the last 4 years.

Is the show really about Tom? If it is then...ok, I guess. I couldnt even watch the rest of the episode after Shiv backs out. It was probably 25 min left and I didnt even watch to see what happened.

Edit: what the fuck is so crazy about rooting for Ken? Who put on a fantastic acting performance. Tom was just as good, but I almost felt bad for Ken.

Last edited:
  • 4Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I was thinking about it last night, and whats strange is earlier in the season I was kind of opposed to Ken fucking the deal, but after he showed he is the only one who is remotely capable of running the company, he won me over.

I like Tom too, but I just hate the ending. The only reason it even remotely makes sense is I could see Logan fucking over Ken and giving it to Tom. But other than that, Shivs behavior at the end felt fake and ruined everything they built up during the last 4 years.

Is the show really about Tom? If it is then...ok, I guess. I couldnt even watch the rest of the episode after Shiv backs out. It was probably 25 min left and I didnt even watch to see what happened.

next to "doubling down on a mistake" in the dictionary is a framed screenshot of this tweet. Kudos.

You aren't meant to expect a "happy" ending with your favourite Roy child "succeeding" Logan. Not only is Kendall a killer, just a few eps ago it showed him knowingly/deliberately prematurely calling an election for a "Fascist" in order to secure leverage over that candidate. Now, you can reasonably say "well accusations of Fascism mean nothing IRL, so why should I believe Mencken is actually a Fascist" and I would 100% agree with you that he's probably just to the Right of Antifa. BUT, the fact that Mencken backstabbed the Roys after they called it for him shows that their business acumen and ability to wield influence like Logan is SUB PAR.

Edit* the show also told/showed you that Kendall's daughter was concerned about Menckens victory enabling bullies. Again, you can doubt the veracity of those concerns, but Kendall still went with Mencken. All of the above reinforces the message that none of the Logan kids are suitable to succeed.

The only person that has truly "won" is Matsson, who got the deal he wanted past the board, past regulatory and was able to install a puppet yes man as CEO.

Tom has the prestige of being CEO and more power than he had previously, and may be able to leverage his CEO experience into another upwards move, but he's still in a cuck, loveless marriage.

All three/four Logan children still made billions from the deal so they haven't truly lost. But none of them got what they truly wanted/desired. The theme of the whole show isn't really about "succession" but how everyone underneath Logan - be it wives, ex wives, kids, children in law, is trying to advance their own position at the expense of everyone else. Even Wila, who married into money and was open about it didn't get the outcome she wanted - which was Connor being an overseas diplomat whilst she stayed in NYC

Last edited:

Jozu

Lol at someones opinion being a mistake.

Shut the fuck up you loser.

I mostly agree with what you said though. Ken did just want it a little TOO much. Still a great show. Ill probably end up watching the end at some point but when Shiv niggled out I was triggered.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I mean, it's Jozu. His shit takes in the sports forum are legendary.

If you ever watch the rest of the episode (lol, faggot), watch the after show chat so they can spell it out for you more, Jozu.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
If you ever watch the rest of the episode (lol, faggot), watch the after show chat so they can spell it out for you more, Jozu.

edit: The dorky director guy with the glasses turned me off when I saw him talking on an after the episode video,

He didn't finish the episode but he did watch the after the episode video??!?!?!?!?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Lol at someones opinion being a mistake.

Shut the fuck up you loser.

I mostly agree with what you said though. Ken did just want it a little TOO much. Still a great show. Ill probably end up watching the end at some point but when Shiv niggled out I was triggered.

This was always Ken's arc. At the end of season 2 his dad said he wasn't a killer, this turned him into what we saw at the end of that season - him trying to kill his dad with the press conference. That season ended with Logan's smirk, finally seeing a killer emerge but also the challenge of 'yeah but you aren't going to kill me'.

He followed a similar trajectory this season, the destiny his dad tried to set him on since he was 7, and in true Roy fashion the interests of the other kids (and Ken's flaws, from lying in the moment about the death and the desperation 'i am the eldest boy!') fucked it all up as usual. He didn't die, but he effectively did, in failing to become his dad's successor. It's what he was raised to do and he failed.

Shiv ultimately is kind of in Willa's position by the end of the episode, she's taken a position because it gets her what she wants, regardless of the other sacrifices, she gets to try and make moves behind one of the few with power before the credits roll. It's all she wanted from the beginning and was a common spot she found herself in (2nd fiddle to the guys).

A lot of this shit I'm too dumb to pick up on in real time as I enjoy the shows I watch, but shit like The Prestige TV podcast is amazing for getting a better understanding of this stuff. A lot of the Ken stuff from above is via Van in their latest episode and it makes a lot of sense to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Ken didn't deserve it when he could barely talk to the president. He was stuttering and bumbling. He made him president and still acted like a pussy in front of him.

Jozu

I mean cmon man. ken was pretty capable, thats bullshit.

You cant be a world beater in front of fucking leaders of nations every single time. Compared to Shiv, Roman, and frankly Tom, Ken is miles ahead. Look at fucking Tom during the new launch showcase, shouting like he is Oprah winfrey, just a literal doofus. They never gave Tom anything to really work with, he was always just a dick sucker and nervous wreck. But I guess thats how it works out in the end. Oh well.

Animosity

Ken was completely capable. But that wasnt the point of the show. Literally from episode 1, everyone in that family was willing to stab anyone in the back to get what they want. The ending was just the show going full circle by them completely fucking their whole family out of owning the company. Owning the company ment more than the money.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I mean cmon man. ken was pretty capable, thats bullshit.

You cant be a world beater in front of fucking leaders of nations every single time. Compared to Shiv, Roman, and frankly Tom, Ken is miles ahead. Look at fucking Tom during the new launch showcase, shouting like he is Oprah winfrey, just a literal doofus. They never gave Tom anything to really work with, he was always just a dick sucker and nervous wreck. But I guess thats how it works out in the end. Oh well.
Having been around COOs and "upper management" types the past 5-6 years or so, I can tell you that people like Tom ABSOLUTELY can and do make it very far up the chain. A lot of that world has very little to do with how capable you actually are but how good you are at sucking dick or deceiving others into thinking you are capable...through sucking dick.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
The show was literally about the fact that not one of the spoiled sacks of garbage being worthy to take it over.

In the end Mattson was the successor and he opted for an empty suit over the ROY kids to be his USA face.

Jozu

Yeah...I guess you are right. My job has gotten rid of like 5 Facilities Manager's because they came in with ideas. They dont want that they just want a buffer and someone to blame shit on.