Suicide Squad (2016)

Juvarisx

Florida
I'm over the look of the Joker at this point, Leto is a good enough actor to do it well regardless of the look

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm willing to give the Joker a chance. I think I've been wrong on every single casting of a super hero or villan that I didn't like.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Margot Robbie doesn't make the slightest attempt to sound like Tara Strong or Arleen Sorkin. Tara Strong managed to evoke the spirit of Sorkin's original performance while distinctly being different, Robbie just makes no effort at all. And the Joker still looks terrible.

Every time I see something new about this movie I think it's going to be worse, which is amazing because I didn't think it could get any worse.

spronk

FPS noob
the trailer felt kinda shitty especially with "will smith bonds with his kid" but i like all these characters, so hoping it turns out better than the trailer looks - I think I will probably like the movie.

I know its a whole comic book thing but I get a bit annoyed with how many versions of these "universes" there are. nolan batman, arkham rocksteady batman/joker are two I love. Then there are comic book multiple versions, animated TV shows, and animated movies (haven't watched any). Now there is another movie version, I hope at least the B v S version is consistent with Suicide Squad.

seeing joker with a normal tattooed body is kinda weird though, i never thought about the fact that you always see him in raggedy clothes and he only ever exposes his face

i know some people hated the video game version of harley but i loved her, just the constant batman mocking was hilarious to me

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i know some people hated the video game version of harley but i loved her, just the constant batman mocking was hilarious to me
Who? Because that was pretty much a perfect homage (albeit quite a bit darker) to the Batman TAS Harley. You know, the original source of the Harley character? Unless you count the live action Flash show, which is pretty clearly where she was ripped off from, along with Hamill's Joker.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Pretty underwhelmed by the trailer but at the same time, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I agree on Leto, looks aside I think he's capable of carrying it so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It does look better than I expected. Not good, exactly, but at least better.

So that's Amanda Waller putting it all together, right? Isn't she the POTUS in Superman vs. Batman? If so, are these completely unrelated movies?

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
Director of suicide squad jumped the stage at comic con, and yelled he wanted to make it for the fans and have it be true to canon....queue black deadshot, eye scope still on the wrong side of the mask. Pikey captain boomerang, shitty toned down harley, who just looks like a college girl that partied too hard. My wife is pissed about how Harley looks. Baby blue and pink hair, shitty tattoo's to make her all edgy and rebellious. Just have her in the black and red, close to the Assault on arkham outfit. Oh, and black deadshot. Gonna sit tight for him to throw his classic, "awww hell no!" In there.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I will say Killer Croc looks awesome but ive seen a lot of people bitching about it so /shrug

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
don't forget to bring up this video when ppl proclaim how hot and awesome video game Harley is.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Trailer looked alright but I never really followed DC much, someone want to give a filthy casual a TLDR on who is in Suicide Squad and what their powers are or toss me a link?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, apparently this version of Harley was just tortured into existence by Joker instead of being lured in by his fucked up charisma (and being kinda damaged to start with)

zpXgCSp.gif

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Some of the characters are odd choices

Slipknot who isnt even popular character. He strangles people with rope, powers include master of ropes.
Captain Boomerang. Dude throws boomerangs
Killer Croc which also just assume he has reptile genes, super strenth and tough skin.
El Diablo (Tattoo Guy) looks nothing like the comic character so Im not sure what route they are going with that, he also doesnt have any powers and was a boxer
Rick Flag is military special forces and tactician who leads the Suicide squad
Enchantress (girl in water) - is a really powerful sorcerer. Healing, manipulation ect

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Just can't get past Will Smith. Leto is a great actor, but man what a shadow Heath cast. The alt universes piss me off too...

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
This was their chance to reveal Leto's Joker and quell people's fears about his appearance, and they have him end the trailer with the line, "I'm just going to hurt you really, really bad?" They couldn't come up with something less cliche and more Joker-ish than that? It certainly doesn't have the same quotability as DC's other trailer with "Do you bleed?" I still think Jared Leto is a talented enough actor to pull off the role, but it makes me wonder how much he's going to have to work with if that's the best they can come up with for his big reveal.