Suicide Squad (2016)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Some of the characters are odd choices

Slipknot who isnt even popular character. He strangles people with rope, powers include master of ropes.
Captain Boomerang. Dude throws boomerangs
Killer Croc which also just assume he has reptile genes, super strenth and tough skin.
El Diablo (Tattoo Guy) looks nothing like the comic character so Im not sure what route they are going with that, he also doesnt have any powers and was a boxer
Rick Flag is military special forces and tactician who leads the Suicide squad
Enchantress (girl in water) - is a really powerful sorcerer. Healing, manipulation ect
boomerang, rick flag, enchantress are original SS.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I like the intro with Waller and Harley asking if she's the devil.

Dunno about this one overall though. DC stuff has been disappointing since TDK.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Frankly I think this trailer is better than the Supes vs Batman one. Now I'm not saying either one looksgood, just that this is slightly less bad.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think the Joker looks shitty, but will probably be acted really well. Harley looks fine, I don't think she needs a fucking jester hat and giant mallet to play her part. Killer Croc actually looks pretty awesome as he's done with practical effects and make-up rather than a CGI mess like Spider-Man's Lizard. Who are the other people? Don't know, don't care. Will Smith? Why? But okay, whatever. As long as he's I Am Legend Will Smith and not MIB2 Will Smith.

I think this trailer is more interesting than Superman vs. Batman for the fact that I think people expect so much from that movie and will be let down to a degree. I, and other non DC fanboys, know mostly nothing of Suicide Squad so it should be enjoyable extra anti-hero movie to help boost mainstream DC's relatively garbage record the last few years.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She didn't have the full on Harlequin costume in the Arkham series and she was still unmistakably Harley. I mean I'm sure somewhere some DC artist drew Harley looking strung out hooker, which is probably the justification for Margot Robbie looking like a 20 dollar a fuck whore straight out of J49's dating pool, but no effort to sound anything like Strong or Sorkin, shitty costume, everything else in the movie is shitty, so yeah no surprise people think Harley is shitty too.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Why the Fuck would she try to sound like the cartoon character? This is an actual movie she isn't doing voice over work get over it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why the Fuck would she try to sound like the cartoon character? This is an actual movie she isn't doing voice over work get over it.
The Arkham game series isn't a cartoon and Tara Strong's performance is still very evocative of the original without directly copying it. The cartoon is the origin of the fucking character, you need a good excuse NOT to sound like it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Also, apparently this version of Harley was just tortured into existence by Joker instead of being lured in by his fucked up charisma (and being kinda damaged to start with)

zpXgCSp.gif
That sounds incredibly retarded for some reason.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's because it is incredibly retarded, and completely flies in the face of what makes the character unique and interesting. Harley's non retarded origin is that she was an intern at Arkham who was fascinated with him, got sucked in by the force of his personality, and fell in love with him. While it's a pretty abusive relationship, she's usually sort of oblivious to the way he treats her and if Joker was actually capable of loving anyone, it would be Harley. But she has free will, and has even tried to kill him a couple times.

That's a helluva lot more interesting than someone you tortured until she developed Stockholm syndrome.

This bit from Batman TAS is a quintessential example of the relationship between Joker and Harley.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Because it's not interesting. She may as well be Red Hoods sidekick Scarlet... a chick tortured by professor Pyg. Tortured to be crazy is hackneyed and easy. Derivative. And removes her agency as a character. Harley walked into the damn situation with her eyes open. She wanted that Mark Hamil voiced man. She took the plunge into insanity. It was her decision and her agency.

Also when the fuck is there going to bea Professor Pyg movie?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Okay yeah, I didn't catch onto the whole Harley Quinn origin thing in the preview. I'm suddenly annoyed.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually appreciate this trailer. It didn't follow the typical route with build --> silence --> BWAAHHH --> action sequence

Good for them.