Suicide Squad (2016)

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I think Gavinmad is unfamiliar with Harley's current origin story.
SuicideSquad_7_TheGroup_014.jpg

SuicideSquad_7_TheGroup_016.jpg

It may be complete garbage, but the radical change wasn't done for this movie.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except even in the New 52 garbage, she was still gradually getting sucked in by his force of personality (and his active attempts to win her over). She still voluntarily chose to free him from Arkham, that's just what he did to her to thank her for it.

I mean if in the full movie it's revealed that it's more or less the same origin story as New 52, just with him torturing her instead of throwing her into a vat of magic, then I guess most of my complaints will be gone.

spronk

FPS noob
wait that green stuff is magic? lol

i loved margot robbie in pan am and Wolf of Wall Street but she and Will Smith were beyond awful in Focus, where they were supposed to be in love but looked like father and daughter. Movies done though, so just gotta wait and see how it turns out. Between now and summer 2016 we've got Ant Man, Fantastic Four and Deadpool plus B v S, Cap America 3, and X-Men Apocalypse. I'll be surprised if at least a few of those don't bomb in the box office.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
While I prefer Harley being lured by Joker's personality as her origin, I can understand why they'd choose to go with torture in the movie. That's a much faster way of explaining how Dr. Harleen Quinzel becomes Harley Quinn. And it doesn't completely eliminate the possibility that we'll see some infatuation developing prior to Joker breaking out (which could be why he chooses not to kill her).

The trailer makes it seem like Smith is going to get a lot of the lines, so maybe your theory that Flagg dies early is correct.
I wouldn't be surprised if Will Smith has a smaller part than the trailers would lead you to believe. The only reason Will Smith is in this movie is to minimize risk. The studio likely insisted they have at least one A-lister so they could put him front and center in all of the ads.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
wait that green stuff is magic? lol
Not literally magic, but big vats of green ooze are a total mcguffin in comics. Jack Napier inexplicably survives the slime and becomes the Joker! Harleen Quinzel not only inexplicably survives the ooze but comes out with perfect hair color to set up her New 52 Whorelequin costume.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
trailer looks muddled, too much shit in one pot. pisses me off arrow lost deadshot, deathstroke and harley for this mess. joker looks like it could work if given proper time, but with a billion other characters i doubt he gets more than a few minutes of dialogue

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
trailer looks muddled, too much shit in one pot. pisses me off arrow lost deadshot, deathstroke and harley for this mess. joker looks like it could work if given proper time, but with a billion other characters i doubt he gets more than a few minutes of dialogue
How did they lose characters for this?

Pls explain because I think you are wrong and nobody cares about WB shows.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How did they lose characters for this?

Pls explain because I think you are wrong and nobody cares about WB shows.
They wrote Deadshot and Deathstroke off the show and cut the Harley cameo because of the Suicide Squad movie, even though the TV shows don't share the same continuity as the movies. Presumably Captain Boomerang is out too.

It's The CW, not WB, and lots of people care. The Arrow and Flash shows are probably the best live action thing DC has ever done.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The best part of Gavinmad's mostly pointless tirade is that Margot Robbie had the Harley Quinn accent in Wolf of Wallstreet.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i remembered this happening like twice in v4, the new 52 one. Basically Deadshot becomes leader of the mission, when the first appointed leader dies. (or falsely dies!)(cuz deadshot is the least craziest)
Will Smith became the focus main character after Tom Hardy had to leave the film.

radditsu

They wrote Deadshot and Deathstroke off the show and cut the Harley cameo because of the Suicide Squad movie, even though the TV shows don't share the same continuity as the movies. Presumably Captain Boomerang is out too.

It's The CW, not WB, and lots of people care. The Arrow and Flash shows are probably the best live action thing DC has ever done.
Sorry. The last I heard about arrow is that he really really really wants to be Batman.

radditsu

you dont DC very good.
I am shocked and appauled. I just haven't dealt with the moist teen lady parts channel the CW since THE BLUR was tearing up Metropolis. I hear things from flash..but all I have heard from arrow is he is batman with arrows.

Ollie queen is a super liberal batman with arrows...and a bitchin goatee thank you very much!

BTW I make jokes.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
It's like giving Hawkeye a Katana, and saying, "ok go be hawkeye now" or giving Capn Boomerang a nunchucks.
Not to insert myself into this argument, but Marvel did give hawkeye a Katana and had him go do his "normal human in a pile of supers" thing.

Dark_Reign_The_List_-_Avengers_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
See I assumed Lanx was intentionally making a Ronin reference.
To be fair, I was skimming, so this may be true. I just didnt want to miss a chance to post a picture of Ronin, cause I thought he was a pretty sweet variation on Clint Barton, especially considering the rest of the stupid shit they did during Dark Reign.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Video posted in the Video Thread and I was like "ho-hum" until the Joker came out. I really like that Joker. I don't care about the haters, he nailed it. Variant for sure, but the energy was right.
Harley had a good presence also.
Hated all the Will Smith scenes as he seemed too heroic. There was a good looking clean cut white guy in there too that seemed off.