Summer Olympics 2021

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Track cycling event - 2 teams of 4 riders start on opposite sides of the track and chase each other down.

because we talked about this I watched the 2 medal matches in Team Pursuit. Pretty exciting. Had a wipe out which led to one team catching the other, and then one team coming from behind.

i think that goes both ways, a lot of our own athletes train in foreign locations with higher altitudes so when they adjust their breathing to it, they have an edge when they come back to a lower altitude

No sarcasm here, I am surprised the IOC hasn't banned that. That seems to be about on par with blood packing.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No sarcasm here, I am surprised the IOC hasn't banned that. That seems to be about on par with blood packing.
So Kyrgyzstan should give back their 3 medals because the high altitude in their home country gives them an unfair advantage? Takijistan should have to give back their 4? Nepal and Bhutan should give back their zero medals because of their unfair advantage?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
because we talked about this I watched the 2 medal matches in Team Pursuit. Pretty exciting. Had a wipe out which led to one team catching the other, and then one team coming from behind.

eh, its just oxygen. you dont gain superhuman strength. you just get a slight edge because your lung capacity has adapted to a higher altitude. like, we have better footwear than ever before and so people can get better track scores. imagine what Jesse Owens could have done if he had modern footwear instead of this.
article-2175334-141D4D2D000005DC-956_306x170.jpg

• 2Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So Kyrgyzstan should give back their 3 medals because the high altitude in their home country gives them an unfair advantage? Takijistan should have to give back their 4? Nepal and Bhutan should give back their zero medals because of their unfair advantage?

Nepal isn't going to fuck you. That's not even what we were talking about dipshit. The altitude would be a natural advantage for that country. We're talking about people training in different countries.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nepal isn't going to fuck you. That's not even what we were talking about dipshit. The altitude would be a natural advantage for that country. We're talking about people training in different countries.
*whoosh*

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
eh, its just oxygen. you dont gain superhuman strength. you just get a slight edge because your lung capacity has adapted to a higher altitude. like, we have better footwear than ever before and so people can get better track scores. imagine what Jesse Owens could have done if he had modern footwear instead of this.
article-2175334-141D4D2D000005DC-956_306x170.jpg

I think it would be cool to have a retro he's where people have to use equipment and conditions that are accurate to various times. Modern athletes would still dominate relatively, but would be interesting.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This karate story. DQd in karate because you "kicked too hard". LOL.

Other guy was going in for a punch with his head going down and sideways(basically adding to the power of the incoming kick), the other guy counters with a kick right to the head, knocks him out but he wins gold.

What a joke.

• 5Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
This karate story. DQd in karate because you "kicked too hard". LOL.

Other guy was going in for a punch with his head going down and sideways(basically adding to the power of the incoming kick), the other guy counters with a kick right to the head, knocks him out but he wins gold.

What a joke.

#1 bullshit. This is an embarrassment to combat sports. I just showed this to my wife and her reaction was, "WHAT??? Go home, you pussies!" Lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

joz123

Potato del Grande
They like to use the word "unsportsmanlike" in the Olympics. They used that shit like crazy in men's basketball. Yes, please stop the clock because someone threw their hands up on a botched call.

• 2Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Holy shit the dude gets eliminated for being too good. Meanwhile ratings are plummetting especially with younger demographics!? Can't explain that.

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
#1 bullshit. This is an embarrassment to combat sports. I just showed this to my wife and her reaction was, "WHAT??? Go home, you pussies!" Lol.

Thank god UFC is on tonight to wash away this gay ass shit. Olympics are for fags now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean that's pretty much what Karate competitions are like, or most any single discipline contest. Tae Kwon Do competitions are even sillier.

Incidentally, we dropped the gold in baseball to Japan. 2 golds behind China. Japan is in an uncontested third place for golds, it's crazy how much better they're doing at home compared to how they did in Rio in 2016.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Some kind of country based mma would be awesome, but never happen. Dana White should just do it. We can't get discipline-based tournaments anymore like the early days, but some kind of bracketed country based UFC thing would be popular.

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
she scored the gold winning penalty kick for Canada yesterday. Quite a change from the purple haired ghouls
View attachment 365814View attachment 365815

View attachment 365813

I imagine having a man on the team helped them win as well.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean that's pretty much what Karate competitions are like, or most any single discipline contest. Tae Kwon Do competitions are even sillier.

Incidentally, we dropped the gold in baseball to Japan. 2 golds behind China. Japan is in an uncontested third place for golds, it's crazy how much better they're doing at home compared to how they did in Rio in 2016.
Yeah, lots of martial arts tournaments aren't full contact. Rules are what they are.