Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Lmao, imagine losing in baseball to Japan

just imagine

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
oh no, not a german abusing something lesser, did he try to put that horse in an oven too?
1628395661660.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Yeah, lots of martial arts tournaments aren't full contact. Rules are what they are.

This. Kumite can be more about control and precision at the competition level. Like if you do a forceful precise punch or kick, and stop before actual contact, that is scored as better than someone who makes full contact. It's much harder to go to hit someone, then be able to stop just short of hitting them then actually following through and hitting them.

This makes it pretty confusing to people who are expecting some full on martial arts fight.

Lmao, imagine losing in baseball to Japan

just imagine

Japan loves baseball more than the US. It's -the- sport in that country.

Plus as someone else posted, MLB players rarely participate.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Japan loves baseball more than the US. It's -the- sport in that country.

Plus as someone else posted, MLB players rarely participate.
It's big in a lot of countries outside of the US. Of the 6 times that the Olympics have had baseball Cuba has won 3 golds, and then US, S Korea, and Japan have won 1 gold each. This years silver medal is actually our second best performance ever.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
It's much harder to go to hit someone, then be able to stop just short of hitting them then actually following through and hitting them.

I understand that those are the rules, they're just dumb rules. I say this as a lifelong martial artist myself. While there is a place for the exercise of precision and control to the exclusion of all else, the more you abstract from full power application the less effective your martial art gets.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's not like he just hauled off and headkicked the guy. The dude leaned down into the kick, how is that the kicker's fault?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's big in a lot of countries outside of the US. Of the 6 times that the Olympics have had baseball Cuba has won 3 golds, and then US, S Korea, and Japan have won 1 gold each. This years silver medal is actually our second best performance ever.
Define "a lot".

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I was playing baseball in USSR in 1989 or 1990 with a bat my brother made in woodshop.
You’re so full of shit. USSR couldn’t make bats.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users