Survivor

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Mari definitely seemed like a threat so I can see voting her off. Obviously Figgy and Taylor are not mental giants and should be easy enough to get off later. That said, the whole negotiation during the middle of tribal was super awkward and I think that Hannah probably hurt herself by being so dramatically indecisive in front of everybody (not to mention voting for her biggest ally based on the word of someone in the other alliance).

I am not that clear on why Michelle was so determined to keep Figgy that she put it all on the line this early in the game, especially since she was clearly the bottom of the tri-force alliance. It's impressive that she got it done but I wonder if she put a target on her back for no good reason. I was especially surprised that Michaela voted for Mari after shit-talking Figgy for the whole tribal. EW.com said that Michelle told her that if Figgy went she was next on the block so maybe she bought it. I don't recall that from the show but I imagine it happened.

I like Michaela but I think her mouth is too big to really be a player. I laughed when she said "You have to pull a rabbit out of a hat, you can't just walk in with a rabbit".

I actually think David using his idol to form a bond with the survivalist guy was not a bad move. You don't want everyone to know you have an idol, but when you have no friends using it to form a bond of trust with someone seems like a reasonable play to me. David compared himself to Cochrane but I think even that is giving him too much credit. He is clearly the new Fishbach. Smart and strategic, but too neurotic and awkward to get votes in the end.

I'm starting to think that Ken might be my guy. The video of him spearing that Octopus was awesome but also it sort of seems like he's got the kind of quiet confidence that makes people actually want to follow him unlike Paul who is like "I'm in charge because I told everyone I'm in charge". They may put up with that for the first few days but I'm sure everyone sees through it and as soon as he's not useful they will vote him off. I may be reading too much into my impression of Ken at this point but he sort of reminds me of Mike who won a few seasons ago.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm starting to think that Ken might be my guy. The video of him spearing that Octopus was awesome but also it sort of seems like he's got the kind of quiet confidence that makes people actually want to follow him unlike Paul who is like "I'm in charge because I told everyone I'm in charge". They may put up with that for the first few days but I'm sure everyone sees through it and as soon as he's not useful they will vote him off. I may be reading too much into my impression of Ken at this point but he sort of reminds me of Mike who won a few seasons ago.

Did you see the octo breakdown where Ken was basically saying he was an ugly duckling (some speech thing)? They both seem pretty good together, just like you said, david is like fishbach, but i don't believe that Ken is even remotely close to JT (cuz JT was an absolute retard).

So far the new Survivor Trend is to get rid of the Asians it seems, now don't get me wrong, i don't ever root for a slant eye, just cuz, but you can always tell an easy trend, like it seems that if you're black they make you take a special black only "CAN YOU SWIM???" test, cuz all black ppl know how to swim now.

Still all the minorities get wasted the first weeks, I'm actually surprised there are no male minorities, all the minority roles have been given to the women this time around.

But yea i'll be rooting for Ken and gay Barbie team.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Was the first chick voted off Asian? She looked Latino to me. Maybe a mix.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I agree about Michaela, kind of likable (and cute) but she has that whole mindset where she MUST spew her critical opinions and be confrontational. Her lack of restraint will end her eventually. I laughed at the rabbit thing too.

I dunno, man. you might be right about getting rid of Mari, but just seems kind of early to be getting rid of possible potential down the road threats vs. busting up a known alliance that contains a budding romantic partnership. But the die's been cast on that score, so we'll see what happens.

David's similarity to Cochrane ends with being physically weak. Even their neurotic tendencies play much differently. I actually think David has a chance to go far in this game because he may slowly decline into a villain role as he becomes more and more furtive and surreptitious, almost weaselly even. I laughed when he admitted that when Paul went down with heart attack symptoms, all David could think of was, "This could be good for me". lol, wow. Hey, a million dollars is a million dollars!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yup, Michaela makes me laugh, but she has that full-on shitty attitude that she can't hide or fake for even a second. That's a game killer in Survivor. You need to at least be able to fake the social game and convince people you like them.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'd vote off Mari because of her "I play video games and I can apply, and talk about video games, for every situation in life" personality.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Was the first chick voted off Asian? She looked Latino to me. Maybe a mix.
Maybe from Laos or a flip, but she's def checkoff
[ ]Asian or Pacific Islander
244?cb=20160817205013

she does have those weird almost drawn on spanish eyebrows, but naw, she's still a slant eye.
I laughed when he admitted that when Paul went down with heart attack symptoms, all David could think of was, "This could be good for me". lol, wow. Hey, a million dollars is a million dollars!
Pretty much
mah-Wakandan.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
EW.com said that Michelle told her that if Figgy went she was next on the block so maybe she bought it. I don't recall that from the show but I imagine it happened.

I like Michaela but I think her mouth is too big to really be a player. I laughed when she said "You have to pull a rabbit out of a hat, you can't just walk in with a rabbit".

Yup, Michaela makes me laugh, but she has that full-on shitty attitude that she can't hide or fake for even a second. That's a game killer in Survivor. You need to at least be able to fake the social game and convince people you like them.
I want to say on the beach she was the one who told Michaela that she would be next. Michaela seems like every other black woman, in that she's just way too confrontational and loud. Subtlety as a trait just doesn't seem like something black women possess. Even the better players like Cirie suffered from that.

I'd vote off Mari because of her "I play video games and I can apply, and talk about video games, for every situation in life" personality.
That shit was so fucking annoying. We get it, you don't know how to interact with people. I can't tell if she's actually that autistic about it, or if she's just trying to play up the "gamer girl" role.

Also, David is probably the worst physical competitor I've ever seen. Him trying to swim was painful to watch. And when he got to the top of that obstacle (before jumping off) he looked sickly.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
They both seem pretty good together, just like you said, david is like fishbach, but i don't believe that Ken is even remotely close to JT (cuz JT was an absolute retard).

JT was a charismatic and athletic retard which made him a perfect puppet for Fishbach. Stephen's problem though was that he fell for the charisma himself at the end and didn't cut JT's throat before the finale. Might have been a million dollar mistake. Maybe they still wouldn't have voted for Stephen but he had no chance vs. JT, especially since he can't sell the jury on anything.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I had to laugh when the one stupid Mill player was like "Two people having one vote? Thats against the spirit of Survivor!!" then immediately went out to try to band together 5 people to vote one way. Make up your mind what you feel is acceptable alliances and unacceptable.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I dunno, man. you might be right about getting rid of Mari, but just seems kind of early to be getting rid of possible potential down the road threats vs. busting up a known alliance that contains a budding romantic partnership. But the die's been cast on that score, so we'll see what happens.

It could easily wind up being a mistake, but Mari struck me as a threat just because she could play the role of nerd but also was good looking and social enough to probably fit in with the cool kids as well and seemed to be not retarded. Even though it's survivor doctrine to break up the power couple immediately, I just can't bring myself to look at Taylor and Figgy as a legit threat. They are babes in the woods. The only reason that they are dangerous at all is that Jay and Michelle are allied with them since they seem quite a bit less dumb.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
JT was a charismatic and athletic retard which made him a perfect puppet for Fishbach. Stephen's problem though was that he fell for the charisma himself at the end and didn't cut JT's throat before the finale. Might have been a million dollar mistake. Maybe they still wouldn't have voted for Stephen but he had no chance vs. JT, especially since he can't sell the jury on anything.
Naw, final 5 were Erin/Taj/Coach, who would Fishbach have chosen? all 3 beat him b/c he was so unlikable, for christ sakes they voted JT to win cuz they said he had strategy, and it was a shutout! that means this is a salty fucking jury.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Surprised nobody is talking about last night's episode.

I will never understand these players that come in and try to take 100% control of camp and run the show from the start. They very quickly single themselves out and put a target on their back. Not sure if it was the right move by Gen X or not, but it was at least entertaining. Always funny to see cocky and arrogant players get sent home when they feel totally safe.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It just isn't very exciting. Seasons are getting more and more boring just waiting for the merge and the real game to start.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I disagree that the seasons are getting more boring. That said, this was a pretty boring episode with Paul going down just like we thought he would. I wonder sometimes if people have realizations about themselves when they see themselves on this show. It seems like he would watch this and go "Hmm, I blustered around and told everyone I was in charge and they all nodded and told me I was but obviously didn't take me seriously or respect me at all. I wonder if it's the same in real life?" I liked his farewell where he said "someone's playing the game better than I am". Sorry Paul, but almost everyone is.

The "summit" seemed very pointless. I suspect that we will not see it again.

The rise of Ken is on track. Aside from that the only notable thing was that the conversation after tribal between Hannah and Zeke was one of the nerdiest and most uncomfortable encounters I have ever witnessed.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Boring until the merge, I don't think seasons as a whole are, just the preliminary concocted drama of separating the tribes like they have been couple with the early number of personalities, and the fact that other than getting voted off very little matters until the merge.

That was a terrible sentence.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just hate how CC just doesn't do anything to save herself. Nobody is talking to me, blah blah blah. Well you then need to take the initiate and start talking to people. She just basically accepted her fate. She's worthless to that tribe. Paul needed to go to even though it makes the tribe weaker by sending him off. It'll get us to the merge quicker if they keep losing every week.

The one segment when all the women were talking about Ken and you could tell they all had a thing for him. lol He's so dangerous and is playing so well right now.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The rise of Ken is on track. Aside from that the only notable thing was that the conversation after tribal between Hannah and Zeke was one of the nerdiest and most uncomfortable encounters I have ever witnessed.
She's just a completely social unaware person. She won't last long in the game if she doesn't adjust.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well Jessica probably feels like a fucking idiot after that one!

Seems like a bad move to play the idol for her. Especially since it looks like Sunday and Ken both voted Jessica.