SWTOR

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Ya Knights of the Fallen Empire inc.

I'm guessing they are advancing the storyline several years post rebirth.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah there was more info in the leaks than that. Level cap raised to 65, option to create a new char starting at 60. Old instances will get level 65 versions. But I guess knowing that it will be free for subscribers encourages people to sub for early access too.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
New companions, and you can betray old ones if they aren't your only healer.

And possibility of eliminating the faction split?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just started puttering around in swtor again pretty enjoyable still and my old problem of hitting a way at the end with nothing coming seems to have been fixed so may keep puttering around with this for a while.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So it looks like they are Force Using twins that are neither Jedi nor Sith and yet very much in tune with the Dark and Light sides of the Force who go up against both of the current factions?

I will say that the failing of the story post-launch was the biggest element that led me away from SWTOR. You become this advanced character throughout your levelling storyline and in some cases a Sith Lord / Member of the Jedi Council and then proceed to go deal with lots of kobo..err Rakghoul invasions?

Malakriss

SWTOR Knights of Fallen Empire Official Expansion Info - Dulfy

7. When will Chapters be released?
Knights of the Fallen Empire will launch with the first 9 episodic Chapters of the story. The remaining chapters will be released monthly starting in early 2016.

8. Is the Outlander a new class in Star Wars: The Old Republic?
No, Knights of the Fallen Empire keeps the 8 core classes, but your character?s story becomes that of the Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War.
So it will start with 9 chapters of a single shared story line between all classes, and new releases will begin after new year's (I guess they don't want a repeat of the lol holidays fuck off patch cycle)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
So it looks like they are Force Using twins that are neither Jedi nor Sith and yet very much in tune with the Dark and Light sides of the Force who go up against both of the current factions?

I will say that the failing of the story post-launch was the biggest element that led me away from SWTOR. You become this advanced character throughout your levelling storyline and in some cases a Sith Lord / Member of the Jedi Council and then proceed to go deal with lots of kobo..err Rakghoul invasions?
Well, they -were- force using twins. The trailer appears to show one die.

And yeah, the storyline definitely clips into "ehh" once you finish the vanilla content for the classes. I think by having you as simply a veteran of the war, and called "the outlander" it will make sense if you do more mundane things. Unlike being a f'n Darth and getting sent on errands on Makeb etc.

Malakriss

Weird, they started giving out more info much later on in the day
Player character is frozen in carbonite; unspecified length of time passes between then and the start of the expansion

Empire/Republic are 'no longer as you remember', you will have to reconnect with old companions

Working with parts of the Mass Effect team for their expertise

'All new companions and new companion storylines, new interactions with old companions'

Can create a character at L60 to start the expansion
Might be a major world reset.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
"The Sith Empire and Galactic Republic have fallen. The Jedi and Sith have retreated to their temples. No one remains to stand between the Eternal Empire and the utter destruction of all we hold dear."

That is a massive story reset.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm excited. I love Star Wars, and I enjoy this game...not so much for the gameplay which I find adequate but for the storylines, and I'm happy to get more of it.
smile.png

That trailer was pretty cool I think...it did a great job of setting things and making me curious about what's happening.

Hopefully the chapters are a decent length, and monthly updates to the chapters sounds good.

Malakriss

Star Wars: The Old Republics next expansion arrives Oct. 27, is a new hope for MMOs | Polygon
Five new companions will be available throughout the quest, taken from a cast with very different allegiances.

"You're able to recruit help and additional companions from an expanded cast, including companions who were previously exclusive to other classes," said Maclean. "Building that alliance involves going to all the planets in the galaxy and doing activities and missions that build faction. If you want to recruit a character who's favorable to the Mandalorians, you'll be able to do missions for them. You want to recruit a character who hates the Hutts, you'll do missions to build your alliance standing against them."

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Dev said this expansion inspired by KoToR, Empire Strikes Back and Mass Effect. Sounds like this may be what a lot of us were expecting SWTOR to be from the outset.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
There had been rumors about somehow linking SWTOR to the new movies. I wonder if these planets and this new enemy are somehow backstory for the movie.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
It's been a long time since I played. Did Bioware ever add in a way to change your class spec (i.e from Scoundrel to Gunslinger)?