SWTOR

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Awesome. Really looking forward to this. It's what a lot of us were hoping towards.

There had been rumors about somehow linking SWTOR to the new movies. I wonder if these planets and this new enemy are somehow backstory for the movie.
That's fucking retarded. Especially considering they are two entirely different licenses. It'd be like hearing a rumor from your guildmate that Iron Man is in the next Xmen movie.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
All that money to build an MMO, and all the devs wanna do now is make a story game lol. This genre...

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Does this mean they will be merging the original 8 class storylines into 1 or 2 in the expansion?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Nah sounds like leveling, if you choose to do it, is just gonna be the 12x story xp and you can skip all the bullshit bearass "MMO" style side quests.

moontayle

Golden Squire
All that money to build an MMO, and all the devs wanna do now is make a story game lol. This genre...
From the beginning they've said they wanted story to be one of the core parts of the product. I would say they've kept to that promise. Like most stories, some parts are weaker than others (Inquisitor story, ugh) but they've never shied away from that aspect of the game.

This is intriguing. It's not a complete reset, the story from 1-60 will still exist but they're "finishing" the current GCW story and moving forward with a new story.

I was told by someone who worked on the initial release that they had 10 year story plan. I wonder if that's still true of it they've started deviating. It would make sense to deviate, now that they've finally finished with Revan.

Arterial

N00b
I just want them to figure out what kind of MMO they want to be, they have gone off course too many times. Conquest/Space PvP are liked by some but overall the experience sucked. They just need to focus on what they do well, Story/Raids/PvP

I do like the stronghold thing its low maintenance for them and it brings in money, and legacy storage was nice, but aside from that I really haven't cared for anything they have released that wasn't PvE or PvP

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I like the for the story, and it's why I play it. I have most of the classes at 50-55-60 depending. I'll be trying to get them all to 60. I just love the stories, even the bad ones.
smile.png

I am certain they probably look at their data, and what people do...Dungeons, Raids, PVP and story...and I'm fairly sure story wins by large.

I'm sure they see a huge spike when they do the 12XP thing, which is just people playing through stories.

If they do monthly chapters that have 5-10 hours worth of content each month, I'll stay subbed all the time.
smile.png

moontayle

Golden Squire
Still disappointed in conquests. Great idea, bad execution. Was hoping for something similar to the Frontiers in DAoC, with guilds actually fighting over control of a planet... on the planet. Not sitting on the fleet with a legion of crafters pumping out points with no actual risk.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
SWTOR then: Striking from a distant region of space, a previously unknown Sith Empire with an immortality-seeking Emperor surprises and invades the Republic.

SWTOR now: Striking from a distant region of space, a previously unknown Empire led by an "Infinite" Emperor surprises and invades the Republic + Sith Empire.

... there's always a bigger fish?

Arterial

N00b
I kinda think they are getting rid of hardline factions, would help address the dwindling population on some servers

Arterial

N00b
yeah they might grumble, but I actually think they should just get rid of those two servers entirely, ranked/regs poping more frequently would outweigh the loss of open world ganking imo

moontayle

Golden Squire
I give grief to ESO about megaserver but their phasing made the entire experience shitty. With the way SWTOR handles things a megaserver would be the right thing to do. One west coast, one east coast, one Euro. Certain playerbases wouldn't be happy but I think most people would be okay with it in the long run since relative population would be higher. They'd need to up the 22 character limit though.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can you clarify if the player factions will be merged? Will pubs and imps be able to play together in warzones, ops, chat, guilds ect..?
Good question! Factions will not be able to play together in group content, as it is now.
And there goes half the hype they generated.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
=|

Apparently, the Sith and Jedi are totally ok with just still killing each other when they are both getting their shit kicked in by the infinite empire. Kind of dumb!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As a subscriber, when you get Fallen Empire you will receive one free level 60 character. This character must be a new character, you cannot ?boost? an existing character up to 60. Beyond that first one which is included free with KOTFE, you can purchase additional level 60 characters through the Cartel Market at any time. I know that this raised the question of character limits as well. In talking with the development team, the plan is to increase the subscriber maximum character limit per server by 2 for the Fallen Empire launch. Not confirmation it will happen, but it is definitely their goal!
Totally expected, although people will be happy with any character slot increase.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
They have the best trailers, they always get me super hyped about this game. I just subbed a couple months ago and let it lapse after 1 month and this makes me think I want to play again.