SWTOR

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
My next character run through will be a sorc. Is it bad?
Unless you outlevel content, make sure you gear the he'll out of a tank companion like khem or the ewok since she can self heal too. Once you do that it's not that bad and with proper control and spot healing you can even do group missions solo(not flashpoints)

This applies to pretty much any class for leveling

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Play as a pureblood Sith and just choose the bottom or most evil/hateful options. It's a good story. Same with Consular, just eat everyones fucking soul.

edit: This comes from having played both ways in those two classes, not just because I'm an asshole.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Sorcerer / sage is my fave because it most lines up with my key instincts. When panic happens I just automagically do the right thing. Big bag of tricks. Great huttball players too.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Sorcs are great, story is pretty decent. Run lighting, it rules
Haven't tried lightning sorc but I just finished a run as an assassin inquisitor. Being able to stealth past 90% of the enemies, and having an option to talk the bad guy out of fighting most of the time made leveling a joke.

Taho

N00b
I've been doing the 12x story thing on a new JK and just finished chapter 3. Where do I go now to continue the story - Ilum or Makeb? I want to keep doing the 12x story quests. Thanks.

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
I've been doing the 12x story thing on a new JK and just finished chapter 3. Where do I go now to continue the story - Ilum or Makeb? I want to keep doing the 12x story quests. Thanks.
You'll want to go to Makeb. The Rise of the Hutt Cartel is Chapter 4, after that is done, then go to the small kiosk in your ship and pick up the Forged Alliances - Prelude to Shadow of Revan to start the next storyline. You can skip Ilum.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Don't forget to click the GSI terminal thingies on Makeb. They boost you to godlike levels.

Also, note that leaving the planet (including logging off) makes you lose the buff.

Taho

N00b
Great, thanks. So the Ilum breadcrumb is just for the planet quests, but not class story quests technically?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ilum was bad, but it wasn't that bad. There was some great 30v30 action and I decimated front fighters as a hybrid sorc. Instant chain lightning was ruthless.

DavivMcD

Peasant
If you just mainline the main quests, Ilum isn't bad. They give the 12x boost just like class quests, so you can finish the whole series off in ~20 min and get to 53-54 before going to Makeb. Turns out you can go to Makeb as early as 47 but if you do, you'll end up finishing the Revan quests on Yavin around 59 and you'll need to do some dailies/pvp/flashpoints to hit 60.

On the other hand the story on Ilum is shit compared to most class stories. Makeb too. Use the space-bar, Luke.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Ilum is the conclusion of the GCW storyline that plays out through the planet quests and flashpoints. It finishes up with the Battle of Ilum and False Emperor flashpoints. If you're interested in "what's going on" it's worth a playthrough.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Protip that most are probably aware of: mounting (or better, using rocket boots) heals your companion to full. Handy for those torturous sad times before you get a healer companion.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
This is June's MMO of the Month. We are on Jung-Ma, PVP-RP and Imperial side.

Aarka, Jali, Elrezz have invite ability

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've never done lightside before on imp, so any chars I make for this june mmo deal will be thus. Full dark side Sith Warrior is basically darth maul. When in doubt, torture and decapitate. Always be in doubt.