SWTOR

bolok

Trakanon Raider
It's a twitch prime freebie- so i'd imagine there will be a ton of those. I believe it gives you the latest xpacs and free max level character or something.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
What's the deal with this game these days? As someone who hasn't played in years I've been on a starwars kick recently, I keep thinking about trying it out again. Is it worth it at all?

Let me put it to you this way. I've played them all, and I don't remember a damned thing about them.

Just usual garbage story telling, ohhh, one of your companions will turn. I guess it's the one who showed a little bit of resistance when you gave a direct order. It's decent writing, it's just not good writing. If that makes any sense.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I actually played this for a few months recently. Pretty much the only thing I was logging in to do was to queue for galactic starfighter though and that can only last so long.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vice has found the reason for this games decline.
1525302373353.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been playing this again recently, having some fun playing some of the classes I never picked up before. The game definitely feels dated, especially graphically, and I hope they get around to launching a new Star Wars MMO, sooner rather than later. Playing again makes me hope another MMO will pick up the companion system they had and improve on it, one of the best things from this game. I also enjoy the Legacy aspect, doing account unlocks as a method of long term investment. Their free to play is AID's, as bad as EQ2, but I guess if you want to drive people to pay a sub, it works.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The only time I found this game interesting was when I could do the 12x XP story missions only and not have to bother with the tedius travel (Hoth was a nightmare). PvP was hit or miss. I really wish anyone other than EA had the Star Wars License. The industry as a whole needs to stifle exclusive licensing models for games. Especially when they are popular IP's and we could get some good games from developers/publishers that cared about their product.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would love to see the Star Wars IP opened up to some other studios. I'm getting juicy just sitting here thinking about CD Projekt Red or Bethesda getting a shot at making a Star Wars game.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Keep seeing this thread and keep being sad about how generally disappointed I was with this game. I went deep on the hype and it was just mediocre.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I tend to always go back when new content arrives, just to play through the story which is generally fairly good. So it's mostly a single player game for me now.

I did enjoy the class story, I think I completed 5 of them, and kinda halfway through the others. At some point I might finished them.

What a waste of an IP. Aside from being a WoW close which I would have been ok with, it was in most ways inferior to WoW...most evident in the non-responsive combat. The class quest were pretty much the only redeeming feature, and maybe the companions too.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Huttball was definitely a breath of fresh air but PvP in general wasn’t that bad when it was popping like crazy. Bad matches aren’t a big deal unless you have to wait a half hour between each one. And last time I played a year ago they were only popping in the evening. Sucked.

• 1Solidarity

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Super early on in the game, like release up to about 3-4 months in, the game was actually pretty amazing. The leveling experience was the best in any MMO up to that point, the game was mechanically fluid, the pvp was a lot of fun, the pve was decent enough, and importantly the pvp and pve rewards were both really relevant. Getting rank 60 or whatever it was early on and having your full set of purple pvp gear actually made you pretty beefy - and it mattered. The class design was fucking amazing and fully in line with the SW universe. Not everyone was a Jedi or Sith, and Jedi and Sith were not necessarily the best archetypes to play. Operatives, Snipers, Bounty Hunters etc, were all viable. I don't even remember what was considered like the "bad" class/spec.

Now, the thing that made the game especially fun for me was the class that i picked and played: The juggernaut. Man, hands down, that shit was the most fun class i'd ever played in any game. Coming from playing an Arms warrior in WoW and doing a bunch pvp over the years, Rage Juggernaut was like the dream come true for my playstyle. Holy fucking shit! Just amazing. I reminisce so much about playing that toon - some of the best MMO times ever. Huttball and Alderan maps were my favorite pvp maps of any game of all time.

Aaaaaand then everything went downhill - although it was evident from the start that the game had some glaring flaws and that the foundation was rotten as fuck. Firstly, the game was laggy, almost anywhere. I had built a really good PC just for the game a couple months prior and my shit would stutter all the time. Being in the Sith or Republic hub was like... stutter, stutter, stutter, stutter. The end game was minimal and you could progress through the initial "end game" in a few days. Even replaying the story lines for the story telling would only give you a few days worth of entertainment.

Bioware just took too long to implement new stuff and to fix existing bugs. Which was fucking strange considering they had a huge team involved with the game. The best example was their fixes for Ilum - which was the open world pvp zone. The area was a zerg/lag fest, then an empty zone after their fixes. That's not how you fix stuff, brews.

I tried playing over a couple of tries, a few years later, but the game just seemed to sink more and more. The last time i installed, i played for an hour and uninstalled immediately.

RIP.

• 1Like