SWTOR

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I stopped after Ch1 of the last expansion after getting through the non-lfr versions of the raids that are never going to be updated or added to. Any other reason to play disappeared once I had a rank 50 companion and my legacy shit unlocked. I also finished all 8 storylines. (much love for the legacy system there) By that point there was still another month to wait for an update, and then it'd just be a bit of story followed by... grind more companions to 50? Whoopie.

Challenge content had only one boss, named Enrage. He was always present, but sometimes they'd set the dial to Fuck You for no reason and just leave it that way for years.

I think I remember enough of what is going on to just randomly step back into it whenever.

EDIT: One thing that hurt the game IMO was the crazy companion grind served as a way to lock you into one character. Damn near everything else was easily transferred.

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Chapter XII was surprisingly good. I have to wonder, though, how that chapter plays out for a character that isn't a Force User. Since I've been playing my Sith Inquisitor as a 100% Light Side aberration from the start the whole thing dovetailed perfectly into my personal storyline.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Chapter XII was surprisingly good. I have to wonder, though, how that chapter plays out for a character that isn't a Force User. Since I've been playing my Sith Inquisitor as a 100% Light Side aberration from the start the whole thing dovetailed perfectly into my personal storyline.
For my trooper, who is the only non force user I have advanced through this chapter, it seemed fine. It is like Valkoryn has made you a force user with his force ghost power. Not near as much as a Sith or a Jedi but enough that with your training you can stand toe to toe and them some with the best force users.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Most classes have all but 1 or 2. Basically it's a money issue. The expensive Voice Actors are the ones that we do not have back. Also most of the romantic companions are still missing. I think Jedi Consular is the worst with only the droid and Quzen back. You can use the terminal in your Alliance base to get them back after chapter 9 of KotFE. Since all the story chapters give you specific companions anyway it's no big deal to use it. If/when they decide to bring them all back via story you will still get them that way too.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2 expansions later and the romance options aren't back yet? What a clusterf---. Removing their uniqueness was also a dumb design decision and looking back we should have seen the beginning of the end right then and there

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It was over when they removed all the farmable brown (orange?)gear from all the world bosses and put them into the pay to play shop. RIP

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
2 expansions later and the romance options aren't back yet? What a clusterf---. Removing their uniqueness was also a dumb design decision and looking back we should have seen the beginning of the end right then and there
Well they added some romance in the new companions but the original class ones are pretty much dead,. I think Vette for male Sith Warriors, Jorgen for female troopers and Torien for female BH's are the only ones to come back at this point.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I wonder how much the Voice Actor strike may have effected their plans for returning companions.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Heh well the arena thingy they added before ch10 helped remind me htf to play that's for sure.

I don't know if I was helped or hurt by being a 65 bolstered to 70.

Nice of them to make all my augments unusable.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So after 5 years of making the most expensive single player game ever, they decided this was the expansion to offer 0 solo repeatable content after the story, gotcha.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Haven't played in a long time. Do they still give you all current and past expansions permanently when you sub?

So like, if I buy a 1 month 15$ sub and immediately cancel it, I get everything in the game now and from the past, and it remains mine even after the sub lapses, right?

Last edited:

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Haven't played in a long time. Do they still give you all current and past expansions permanently when you sub?

So like, if I buy a 1 month 15$ sub and immediately cancel it, I get everything in the game now and from the past, and it remains mine even after the sub lapses, right?

Sorta. All the solo stuff is unlocked but you get preferred status caps to all the group stuff the day your sub ends. Meaning like 7 pvp queues a week 2 Ops queues a week etc. (Not actual numbers as I do not remember them). But yea all the stories, solo flashpoints, heroic missions etc are still unlocked when your sub lapses.

• 1Like

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Oh forgot a few other things. You get a credit cap, cannot wear new artifact level gear, toggle your helm, and lots of petty things without using cartel coin unlocks.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Finally tore myself away from Stardew long enough to finish. Good single player kotor action!

I did have a hilarious moment in one of the final fights. I got knocked into the air and sailed for a long time, finally landing at the bottom of the world alive. Watched my companion fight far above for awhile, then eventually did a /stuck.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Finale being basically a vehicle fight was meh. Lots of good parts tho.

I enjoyed how the evolution of the KOTOR superweapon mirrored the movies. Star Forge -> WAY BIGGER Star Forge!

• 1Like

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
What's the deal with this game these days? As someone who hasn't played in years I've been on a starwars kick recently, I keep thinking about trying it out again. Is it worth it at all?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's worth playing for free if you like the stories and haven't finished them.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
What's the server situation look like? Which one(s) are still worth playing on if any?