SWTOR

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Well, the one thing that I don't like about the game is that they are forcing you down one path. And that path is not the dark side path. I started a sith inquisitor, to be a dark side character. She's a ruthless, badass, sadistic woman. She not only will kill you for helping her, but she'll enjoy doing it. With these latest expansions, they haven't allowed me to roleplay her. She just met Bastila, and my character didn't chop her head off.

What

The

Fuck?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

moontayle

Golden Squire
Well, the one thing that I don't like about the game is that they are forcing you down one path. And that path is not the dark side path. I started a sith inquisitor, to be a dark side character. She's a ruthless, badass, sadistic woman. She not only will kill you for helping her, but she'll enjoy doing it. With these latest expansions, they haven't allowed me to roleplay her. She just met Bastila, and my character didn't chop her head off.

What

The

Fuck?
She's wearing plot armor.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Let’s talk about how you get access to craft these items.
Gear: You will earn the schematics to craft gear from their respective Command Crates. Ex: You will get schematics to craft tier 1 gear inside of tier 1 Command Crates. These schematics will require materials earned from Conquests in order to craft them.
Mods: You will earn the schematics to craft mods through either reverse engineering the mod, PvP, or looting the schematic from an Operation boss. These schematics will require materials earned from Operations or PvP in order to craft them.
saber-duel-8.jpg

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
P2W command boosts on cartel market? Extra glad I wasn't planning on ever coming back. Maybe they'll sell actual and virtual lube in a bundle for you diehards.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I played through the initial chapters of KotFE. Never came back because fuck grinding allies and the same instance. I've seen all the ops but one and all the other instances.

Is this new story and the rest worth coming back for in a year when Legion gets tiring for my casual ass?

I only did SW, BH, and JK. I wish they'd release these basic stories as an offline option. Is there a private server or is the Preferred Status ok to just see the stories? I thought it was hampered so badly you couldn't even do that.

This is not a fucking mmo.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
Game has mostly been transformed into a single player MMO that is crippling to play at max level without a subscription but most "new" content released is just bullshit packs and cosmetics on the micro-transaction store. Ranting aside, you could play through the new chapters once on a light side and then once on a dark side character and get the full experience as they've stopped doing unique stories for each class entirely.

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
I just did my yearly resub. I'll finish up the 2nd half of the last expansion and whatever content is finished for this expansion before unsubbing until next year. I still enjoy the game but its basically one month of content per year at this point.

WageSlave

I have to admit that i was not happy with several of the chapters in the last expansion. Just wave after wave of enemies that drop down on you after every twist and turn on the map. Followed by a boss that goes invulnerable for half the fight while he calls down yet more waves of trash mobs for you to kill. Then, if that is was not enough, you have to fight your way back OUT of the instance with yet more waves of mobs running at you over and over. All with the most annoying alarm in the history of video games blaring at you constantly. And with whatever companion they are shoving down your throat for the current chapter. Hopefully the story and the missions pick back up a bit later on. And hopefully they run out of companions to lock you into so that you can actually pick who to bring along.

WageSlave

This game keeps going down hill. It is now basically one class: sith warrior. Non force users don't fit the story at all. Ranged dps/healers no longer fit the mechanics. Light side are penalized so much on the final boss as to make it almost impossible to complete.

They change the loot model from drops to boxes earned by farming content over and over. The boxes are not tailored to your class. They are completely RNG. Then, in the very first patch, they reduce the amount of points you earn towards your next box and your box level to 1/10 what it was previously.

I guess the thinking is that if they reduce your rate of reward to 1/10 what it was you will stay subbed for 10 times longer or something.

Personally I would have been better off watching a youtube video of the single class story than resubbing. I have the same skills and abilities. I have the same companions for the most part (that are all locked per chapter). I think my trade skill (biochem) got one additional set of recipes. My gear is all what I was wearing before the expac ( I did upgrade the hilt of my lightsaber to a level 70 one off the cartel market). And everything in the cartel market is 20x the cost of what it was last year at this time.

I don't know what I came back for at this point...

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Non force users don't fit the story at all.

Wow I'll bet that is a bit weird. I'm a sorcererererererer, so it all fits for me. I've always been balanced forcewise so that made sense to me as well. It's like the wrote the story for me. I got a couple chapters in over the weekend, really enjoying it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Played through the new expansion on my Trooper and enjoyed it. Thought the story was just fine for a non-force user. I already cancelled my sub for now though as I'll probably run it dark side on my Merc and then call it an expansion.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yeah it's about that time, annual SWTOR resub. last time I played only the base KOTFE game was out, through chapter 9?, none of the extra chapters, so catching up on that then the new expansion

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I came back to SWTOR since its the holiday break and Rogue One etc. My biggest issue anytime I come back to the game is looking at all the freaking abilities and even more the crap in my inventory and getting totally lost. I actually created a new character this time to play through the intro with in order to re-learn the damn game.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I still haven't bothered to youtube the most recent expansion, someone let me know if it's even worth it.