SWTOR

Arterial

N00b
The smuggler is decent, but the agent story is better if you just want to play that class, I've done them all except the knight which i am working on now, its been great so far. The only stories I found lacking were the Consular/Bounty Hunter/Trooper. I personally think Operatives/Scoundrels are the possibly the best class in the game, tons of utility and great in PvE and PvP, the only downside is they really don't take off until they are 40-45.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
The smuggler is decent, but the agent story is better if you just want to play that class, I've done them all except the knight which i am working on now, its been great so far. The only stories I found lacking were the Consular/Bounty Hunter/Trooper. I personally think Operatives/Scoundrels are the possibly the best class in the game, tons of utility and great in PvE and PvP, the only downside is they really don't take off until they are 40-45.
Yeah I did the Agent line. I thought the class was very fun to play, so it would be fun to go through a different storyline. I hear you can be a womanizing scoundrel. Haha
smile.png

I have completed Sith Warrior, Agent, and pretty much finished with Sith Inquisitor. So far JK is my favorite storyline up to this point after Chapter 1. Which is odd because I normally love going Dark Side for the hilarity, but this one I am playing all light side and it is pretty damn awesome.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Then you haven't even hit the best part yet. You've got some pretty awesome stuff coming up.

I enjoyed Smuggler. Best played as neutral, with no real predilection to Light or Dark.

Consular and Inquisitor were the weakest overall stories for me. Agent and Warrior were the best.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I loved the Consular storyline. The trick is to play an extremely evil female Consular. The voice actor does an excellent sarcastic/dismissive tone and if you play it very evil then she has incredible amounts of very rude things to say to random NPCs which I found to be massively entertaining.

Also the womanizing scoundrel was a lot of fun. It got to the point where every time I started talking to a female NPC Bowdaar would slap me on the back and tell me he'll go back and wait for me on the ship. He knew what was going to happen next!
wink.png
Corso was less supportive..

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I really enjoyed Jedi Knight - to me, that was KOTOR 3 and the central storyline around which all the others revolved. The smuggler had the coolest ship though!

moontayle

Golden Squire
Good times. I joined a new guild and we ran World Bosses last night. First time downing Dreadtooth, killed Primevil Destroyer on both instances of Belsavis, and smacked Lucky on Corellia down for the title.

Gree event going on right now. Pretty much the only place you can get Legacy offhand items if you're not dual wield so worth it if you don't have one yet.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Gree event going on right now. Pretty much the only place you can get Legacy offhand items if you're not dual wield so worth it if you don't have one yet.
Damn. Going to have to play. It's been years since the last Gree, hasn't it? Seems like it anyway.

edit: Googled it, only a year. Must have missed it. Think the last one I did was 2011

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's a semi-regular event, once every few months. What gets me is that they haven't redone the Rakghoul event with THORN since the first one on Alderaan. I know they trying to build a "story" around the idea that the plague has been eradicated, but JFC, don't give is a reputation to go with it if you're going to make it a rare event.

Arterial

N00b
I never noticed anything, it used to lag when there was some big 40 vs 40 type fights, but the engine has had some minor improvements since launch. I can see people playing on laptops and low end rigs having issue's.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I never noticed anything, it used to lag when there was some big 40 vs 40 type fights, but the engine has had some minor improvements since launch. I can see people playing on laptops and low end rigs having issue's.
That was what I noticed. Big battles sucked and I have a pretty good rig. i5 3570k and 690 gtx. Ilum made it a slide show. Rest of the game ran fine.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Awesome. I am fired up
smile.png
You are liking this game? Forgive me if I am wrong, but weren't you hating on this game at release?

Have we come full circle? Is the Student now the Master?

Either way, I am glad you are enjoying it. The game does have some very strong points, but it could have been so much more.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
You are liking this game? Forgive me if I am wrong, but weren't you hating on this game at release?

Have we come full circle? Is the Student now the Master?

Either way, I am glad you are enjoying it. The game does have some very strong points, but it could have been so much more.
Well, on release there was a lot to hate. Travel times, lack of end game content, and basically being sold on unique class stories that while true, ended up being about 10% of the questing you did with a lot of repeatable filler. I was more upset with the false pretenses around it being sold the way it was. When adjusting my mindset here what... 3 years later, they have done the following:

1) Rocket boosts and earlier vehicle unlocks which help quite a bit. Even though travel from point A to B to C is still a massive PITA post 35 unless you know what to do (been through the side quest content before)

2) The combat Lag / UI response times are now what they should have been 3 years ago.

3) They have lessened restrictions on F2P/Premium somewhat. Still, being subbed for a few months to run through class stories with added legacy perks makes a huge difference still today.

I had more of a problem with (Not shocking since you obviously know my history here) how full of shit Rich Vogel, Walton, and James Ohlen were about this project up until release with very vague details surrounding game mechanisms up until release. There are obviously new people in charge, and while I still dislike Hickman (Is he even there any more?) his very antiquated F2P system generated a lot of revenue for the game to stay alive and improve. I like some of the things they did with some events, and what caught my eye this time around was the upcoming stronghold content that's being launched soon. (I have always been a sucker for decorating my own house... I have no idea why)

So with that said, going through the story lines is something that most people (including myself) that play this game have a "want" to get completed at some point. With that said, I only picked it up again 2 weeks ago, and have played a total of about 3 months during those 3 years. Finishing the Agent, Warrior, and Inquisitor story lines. I am a huge Star Wars fan, and with the Episode 7 hype, I am probably guilty of wanting to see some of the story content in this game I never saw.

So I wouldn't say full circle. I am not raiding, I am not treating it like an MMORPG. I changed my mindset and am treating it more like a single player game with an occasional buddy to invite in for a heroic. There are still major design issues which are annoying. Like the multitude of trash mobs one has to fight through on Balmorra, and whoever thought of spawnable quest objects needs to be brought out to pasture, but for anyone who is itching a bit to see some decently written Star Wars content and some funny character reactions to your choices, it isn't that bad now that some of the quality of life features have been added.

Hopefully that makes sense.

I do wish they would expand on the class story missions. And I still think they should add an option to go through story missions only on a non level basis.But I also know it wouldn't be feasible to their business model.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Utnayan, you throw me for a loop sir. When I first started reading your posts on the old FOH boards, I kind of hated you. A little to much fire and zeal for my tastes then I guess. But, I'll be damned if you haven't grown on me sir. Maybes it's seeing you actually pay a game a deserved compliment, I don't know, but you've grown on me..... Or this forum has crushed my soul. Meh.

Spynx_sl

shitlord
Utnayan, you throw me for a loop sir. When I first started reading your posts on the old FOH boards, I kind of hated you. A little to much fire and zeal for my tastes then I guess. But, I'll be damned if you haven't grown on me sir. Maybes it's seeing you actually pay a game a deserved compliment, I don't know, but you've grown on me..... Or this forum has crushed my soul. Meh.
gay