SWTOR

Arterial

N00b
The new HB map is a laggy piece of shit, with tons of collision issue's my jugg tank has fallen through the floor so many times, and after the 30th time i leaped/interceded to people on ledges and fell through the ground i tapped out, I unsubed after playing since beta, I don't like the direction they are taking this game, every update is just a CC tie in. The content they put out keeps getting weaker in quality not better, the last two warzones are the worst they have put out IMO, they put out a new operation about every nine months which is to slow for me we had DF/DP on farm in November and were bored of it by December I can't see myself farming it it for another 8 months

moontayle

Golden Squire
Producer's Letter about the Galactic Stronghold Expansion:

Producer Letter ? Galactic Strongholds
Hi everyone!

For the past year, we've made it our goal to share updates and information on what?s happening in the studio and our upcoming plans for the game. We got the message that you appreciate transparency and want to know what we are working on. With that in mind, we wanted to share a change in plans to our most recently announced digital expansion, Galactic Strongholds.

We have been listening to what you, our players, were hoping to see from the Galactic Strongholds expansion. When playing early builds of Galactic Strongholds it became that clear that our June Early Access date was simply not enough. For this to truly feel like an expansion, it needs to include the full set of features, including those originally coming later in the year. So what does this mean? We are moving the start date for Subscriber Early Access from June 24th to August 19th in order to deliver to you the most features at the highest level of quality. The result will be a far more compelling experience, including additional features such as the ability to place your vehicles and pets in your Stronghold and for Guilds to conquer planets . To conquer a planet, Guilds must complete weekly Conquest events earning points to place at the top of the Guild Leaderboards. Conquering a planet gives the Guild special perks and rewards. This means that Subscribers will be the first to play the full slate of expansion features (everything!) at the start of Subscriber Early Access, a month before everyone else.

This additional time allows us to add:

• Conquest Events: use the power of your Stronghold to dominate these events and earn rewards
  • Guild Flagships will now offer expanded functionality for Guilds:
  • Provide powerful buffs to Guild members from orbit
  • Transport entire groups to your personal coordinates instantaneously
  • Compete in Conquest Events to conquer entire planets
  • New Stronghold: Tatooine Homestead
  • Vehicles, Mounts, Pets, and Companion Characters can be placed as decorations in Strongholds

Combine that with the original feature list?
  • 3 unique Player Strongholds, one on each Capital World plus the Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace
  • 2 faction-specific Guild Flagships (Valor-class Cruiser for the Republic and Harrower-class Dreadnaught for the Empire)
  • Legacy Stronghold Storage
  • Ability to gain Prestige tracked on Prestige Leaderboards
  • Hundreds of Decorations to discover and collect
?and the result is an expansion that?s worth waiting for!

The additional features and time shift means some adjustments in other parts of our plan:

May 4th remains the Subscriber deadline for Bonus Cartel Coins Grant to the sweet tune of 1000 Cartel Coins!

May 11th is no longer the deadline for Strongholds Early Access rewards but as a thank you to all of our Subscribers as of this date, we are giving you the following rewards:
  • Exclusive Subteroth minipet (delivered in Update 2.7.2)
  • Two Character Titles ?The Intrepid? (delivered in Update 2.7.2) and ?The Illustrious? (delivered in Game Update 2.9)
  • A sprawling Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace with five additional rooms unlocked
  • Stronghold Name "Galactic Stronghold"

July 15th is our new deadline for Subscriber Rewards for Early Access, and you must be a Subscriber by this date to claim the Subscriber Early Access Rewards:
  • The luxurious Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace with three additional rooms unlocked
  • Stronghold Name "Galactic Stronghold"
  • Character Title "The Illustrious" (delivered in Game Update 2.9)

August 19th is Game Update 2.9: Galactic Strongholds Digital Expansion Subscriber Early Access!

Preferred Early Access and the Official Launch will follow in September and October. Be sure to visitStrongholds | Star Wars: The Old Republicfor more specific dates and details.

Our goal is to keep you informed, so stay tuned in the next couple of weeks for an update on the summer roadmap, including Game Update 2.8. For all of us working on Star Wars?: The Old Republic?, we appreciate your support. We?re extremely excited about Galactic Strongholds and can?t wait to share it with you. Keep the feedback coming! See you in-game!

Bruce Maclean
Senior Producer
I like where they're going with the Guild stuff. Depends on how its implemented though.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i haven't played since release but I decided to resub for a month or two and see how things go. here's the thing... my jedi can't turn his lightsaber on because there's no color crystal anymore. or more accurately, it looks like there's a color crystal in it but it's been redacted... now, I clearly had a color crystal in it because I logged in mid-quest... WHERE'D MY ORANGE CRYSTAL GO!?

Arterial

N00b
i haven't played since release but I decided to resub for a month or two and see how things go. here's the thing... my jedi can't turn his lightsaber on because there's no color crystal anymore. or more accurately, it looks like there's a color crystal in it but it's been redacted... now, I clearly had a color crystal in it because I logged in mid-quest... WHERE'D MY ORANGE CRYSTAL GO!?
i believe default colour is a yellowish orange even if you do not have a crystal in

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well... Apparently I just had to let it load... I played for about 15 minutes and I couldn't turn the saber on. The "no color" was in reference to the secondary color... Which is new to me... But I played last night and everything worked fine so whatevs

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I've been messing around with an agent, love the story so far.

Between story missions I've been pvping, and it seems a solid class, doing operative healing spec. I've encountered an enemy spec however for which I have no counter. It is the shieldy one hander knights, there's 2 types of stun, a root during their big long channeled hit for which the usual cc break has no effect (though it does blow the cooldown), and a knockdown which makes you get up like a grandma so you are getting cut up the entire time. I really can't think of a single way to even get away much less fight back.

It seems so simple you could map it to a G key and label it "I win". Maybe I'm missing something. I have no problem with that stuff on my sage. Also during this G key sequence they are completely immune to any form of interrupt or stun, though those too do blow the cooldown. About the only thing I can do is vanish which lasts about a quarter of a second till a bleed tics.

Another thing killing the fun is once beyond 30 it starts bracketing you in with 50+ people. I really don't enjoy the top end pvp game. I'd rather actually do stuff than spend the entire time waiting on some cc to wear off and hoping to get one move in before I'm stunned again.

Arterial

N00b
Pop evasion when knights/Juggs do their channeled attack it will negate the entire attack. Save your CC break for when you are full resolve. That spec gives them a buff that makes them immune to stuns after a force leap for 4 seconds they will be in shein stance, its a purple icon, also they will have a glow to them wait for that to drop and snare them and keep about a 8m distance from them, you eventually just get used to being attacked and adapt. Personally this is how i deal with that spec, I let them do their opening attack, I wait for them to do their channeled attack (master strike/ravage) pop evasion, I snare them, and move away a bit out of the action, while topping myself off with surgical probes, then flash bang them, and hope they dont have a break up and move out of their LoS, then if they come at me again I do the same, with a debilitate, at the end of the day you are going to have to be able to defend yourself but just being a nuisance to kill. If your team is doing their job they should be helping you as well but attacking and disrupting anyone attacking you

Also the last tick of ravage/master strike hits the hardest

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Nice info thanks! I was having a hard time with a smuggler that kept donkey punching me as well, but eventually got pretty good at dragging that out using snare as well. Haven't run into the same spec knight in awhile but I'll try that. Sounds tricky getting the range right so they don't leap at you again.

I just got the better surgical probe and switched all my chars binds around to have that on mouse 4. Used to use ctrl mouse 4 but it is tricky to hit while running away and looking back. (on sage it is an instant with an over time heal).

Arterial

N00b
Smugglers can be rough, a good one will cleanse the snare. Medpacks will be your friend as well I usually have a few hundred on my op there is always someone selling them on fleet for around 60k-80k a stack.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
From saging the snare cure is an automatic for me, but I noticed at low levels the operative cure didn't really cure much. Then I got a talent that was supposed to make it cure more things, but there are still some snares it doesn't work on.

I've not run across any status effect the sage version won't cure, but it doesn't remove some dots whereas I think the operative one does, so I guess that's the balance.

Arterial

N00b
There is tech damage and force damage, and mental damage. You cannot cleanse force damage as a operative, and a higher level madness sorc or assassins dots cannot be cleansed but can be purged by evasion. So you can cleanse most effects from operatives/bounty hunters/vanguards/snipers/gunslingers/scoundrels.

Arterial

N00b
the more expensive ones are the rare and discontinued ones, you should be able to find a common/unpopular +41 power one on the GTN or +41 endurance if you are a tank.

if you are 50+ you will have a better selection of +41 crystals, but for the cartel ones just do a serach for only level 10 colour crystals on the GTN you should be able to find something something at a reasonable price, its good to have a cartel endurance/power/expertise crystal in your collection so its a good investment.

moontayle

Golden Squire
At low level I would go for the endurance one anyway. You're given a custom mainhand at a minimum (some advanced classes get a custom offhand too) and custom offhands aren't that hard to get off the GTN. The extra +820 health goes a long way. I mean, it's going to be a good 10%+ of your overall health until late 20s/early 30s. So buy a cheap Cartel Crystal (and the endurance ones are generally the cheapest), and use reward Cartel Coins to unlock it in your collection and you'll never want for a Crystal again.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Warhammer was shuttered, DAoC and UO were spun off to Broadsword and they plastered the Mythic name over one of the shittier high profile Freemium apps to come out in recent memory (Dungeon Keeper). Figure that last one was the death knell. Sucks but Mythic hasn't been Mythic for quite a while.

Rhuobhe

N00b
I wonder if they finally got rid of Paul Barnett. Anyways.. how's swtor? I've felt like coming back to play casually. I miss playing a Star Wars game