TAYLOR SWIFT | THE ERAS TOUR (2023)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah the circles I float in online and media I dont see her like you say we all do. I mean I know who she is and prob heard a few of her songs in passing, but she is not plastered online like you think she is unless youre actively searching for her shit. And then im sure the floodgates open up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
To go with the Garth Brooks example, I know he’s a famous country singer and I know he’s old since I’ve heard the name in passing from random people or the news since I was younger. Have I ever heard one of his songs? No idea, maybe. But I do know I’ve never had a moment of hearing a song and then having him be associated with it which I imagine is the same case for other people with Swift.

And I think people underestimate just how cutoff from media some people are. Like I said, in the car I only listen to the playlist already on my phone which consists of video game music, old movie scores, old Jpop/anime shit from my high school days, and a random assortment of rock music from 2000s era WoW PvP videos. If I go watch movies, it’s because my husband brought me to see them (not that I don’t enjoy them, but I don’t seek them out). My YouTube is filled with Let’s Plays, Asian cooking channels, Asmongold, and cats. Music never comes up in my recommendations. I’d have difficulty naming any modern artists these days. Obviously Swift is still around. I know The Weekend because my husband likes him. Think that’s about it.

TV’s the same. Don’t watch it, except for On Patrol, so I see the Flex Seal dude a lot on commercials, but haven’t seen anything music related. I have no Netflix, Hulu, etc. And I can’t imagine I’m the only loser who’s disconnected from all of today’s media shit.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
"Knowing" her music is entirely different then pretending like you've never heard a single song she sings or that you don't know even a single lyric of hers, despite "accidentally" knowing that she "sings about her exes". And then your pretzel logic for knowing this is that you "saw it in a snippet". Interesting that you'd remember an off the wall "snippet" about somebody you supposedly know nothing about, don't care about, etc.

It's just fucking weird. It's like the dudes back in '98 pretending like Leonardo Decaprio was a "fag" and a "shitty actor", because all the girls swooned over him and they were insecure/jealous about it.

Your whole quip comes off as a dude trying WAAAAY too fucking hard to convince the world of how "cool" and "tough" he is because he supposedly barely even knows who someone is that is literally everywhere. She's all over media in every facet - TV, movies, YouTube, social media, etc. and you're sitting here pretending, "Taylor who?". Interesting that for someone you've barely heard of besides in passing you're seeing "snippets" about though. Very interesting..

I think country music is absolute GARBAGE and never listen to it. Does that prevent me from knowing who Garth Brooks is or some lyrics from some of his hits? You think if "Thunder Rolls" came on I'd be sitting here going, "Huh. Is this Dr. Dre singing this right now? I've literally never heard this guy!". Give me a break dude.
You just really have a huge difficulty in understanding your life experience isn't someone else's. You really can't fathom a world where everyone doesn't know Taylor Swift songs like it's a fucking religion. I probably couldn't even name you a single song from ANYBODY that's been released this year. You keep projecting this idea of who you think I'm trying to be and it's so completely wrong. You've got some fucking disorder. Grow up, faggot. And given other people's comments here, I'm not exactly as much of a unicorn as you think I'm trying to be. Guess what, other people don't know her music as well! Keep using little quoty phrases, you absolute nut job.

I also never claimed not to know who she was, just that I've never listened to her music. Keep knocking down those strawmen you deranged lunatic. When scrolling Google news or something, yeah there's occasionally some article about various popular celebrities that I'll skim. But that doesn't mean her music gets autoplayed as I'm doing it.

Oh yeah, I don't know any Garth Brooks lyrics or songs either. Yet I do know he changed his name at some point and released some shit under that name. Get a grip.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Is Ms Swift in the room with you now?

I don't watch TV except for downloading 1-2 episodes a week of whatever series are good. Right now the only thing on my download list is Ahsoka.​

I don't put the TV on as background watching, and haven't done so for 20+ years since I bought my first flat screen TV which ended up becoming my primary monitor.​
I don't listen to the radio and don't work anymore in an office environment where the choice of radio station is left up to idiots with shitty taste.​

I don't click youtube thumbnails for any video I'm not interested in, music video or not. I don't follow commercial pop acts on instagram or tiktok etc​
Yeah, the idea that you can't possibly live a life without her music being played at you constantly is fucking insanity. I'm a remote worker, hardly ever listen to the radio (and when I do it's not pop channels), and don't have friends that listen to her. Shit like YouTube has never even given me music video suggestions, let alone a Taylor Swift one that I then watched. All the media I consume is essentially filtered.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You don't have to be a fucking megafan of hers to know or have heard a good chunk of her songs. She has been around for quite a while. I'm not saying you have to know them by heart, but your whole..

"Hey guys...I'm actually WAAAAAAY too cool and masculine to have EVER heard a Taylor Swift song. Also, my dick is fucking MASSIVE" hipster schtick you have going on is pretty pathetic and sad. Then when called out on it, now you're twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to justify how you're akshully the strongest man alive.

We get it bro. You're insecure in your manhood. Nobody is judging you.

I'm in same boat as DickTrickle DickTrickle . I dont know any of her songs by name although I am sure I have heard them many times in supermarkets or restaurants. I couldnt name you a single one or hum any notes. And much like DickTrickle I also know about the boyfriend stuff because it gets shoved in my face relentlessly on any MSM news site.

This changed last month because my kid heard one of her songs in a kids cartoon, asked me to play it on repeat 100+ times, and thats how I learned about my very first Taylor Swift song, 10+ years after she hit it big

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
You just really have a huge difficulty in understanding your life experience isn't someone else's. You really can't fathom a world where everyone doesn't know Taylor Swift songs like it's a fucking religion. I probably couldn't even name you a single song from ANYBODY that's been released this year. You keep projecting this idea of who you think I'm trying to be and it's so completely wrong. You've got some fucking disorder. Grow up, faggot. And given other people's comments here, I'm not exactly as much of a unicorn as you think I'm trying to be. Guess what, other people don't know her music as well! Keep using little quoty phrases, you absolute nut job.

I also never claimed not to know who she was, just that I've never listened to her music. Keep knocking down those strawmen you deranged lunatic. When scrolling Google news or something, yeah there's occasionally some article about various popular celebrities that I'll skim. But that doesn't mean her music gets autoplayed as I'm doing it.

Oh yeah, I don't know any Garth Brooks lyrics or songs either. Get a grip.

100% Truth

• 2Solidarity

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Besides if you're telling me you don't know this song everybody knows you're lying.

I have not heard of this song until last month.

I listen to techno, house, synthwave, classic rock -- why would I ever come across this song?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure Style is the most popular Taylor Swift song among normal straight dudes.

If you haven't heard this song, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you.

Sounds vaguely familiar. Cant say I ever heard it. Maybe bits and snippets here or there at a supermarket or something

Oldbased

> Than U
Remember when TS wouldn't take a side politically and the right was like whatever and the left threatened to make her fish food and suddenly she was diehard liberal and she had to ditch country literally that next week.
Typical Democrat things.

Oldbased

> Than U
Sounds vaguely familiar. Cant say I ever heard it. Maybe bits and snippets here or there at a supermarket or something
I've heard most of her stuff for one terrible reason or another but never heard of that song.
Might be because I've had Amazon set to classic rock hits for past 2 years.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
"Knowing" her music is entirely different then pretending like you've never heard a single song she sings or that you don't know even a single lyric of hers, despite "accidentally" knowing that she "sings about her exes". And then your pretzel logic for knowing this is that you "saw it in a snippet". Interesting that you'd remember an off the wall "snippet" about somebody you supposedly know nothing about, don't care about, etc.

It's just fucking weird. It's like the dudes back in '98 pretending like Leonardo Decaprio was a "fag" and a "shitty actor", because all the girls swooned over him and they were insecure/jealous about it.

Your whole quip comes off as a dude trying WAAAAY too fucking hard to convince the world of how "cool" and "tough" he is because he supposedly barely even knows who someone is that is literally everywhere. She's all over media in every facet - TV, movies, YouTube, social media, etc. and you're sitting here pretending, "Taylor who?". Interesting that for someone you've barely heard of besides in passing you're seeing "snippets" about though. Very interesting..

I think country music is absolute GARBAGE and never listen to it. Does that prevent me from knowing who Garth Brooks is or some lyrics from some of his hits? You think if "Thunder Rolls" came on I'd be sitting here going, "Huh. Is this Dr. Dre singing this right now? I've literally never heard this guy!". Give me a break dude.

Kirun Kirun you sound really mad that no one wants to be a Swiftie Ponce with you.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Can someone make a thread for Apple event next week? I want to make a response post that I don't even know anything about Apple or it's products. Couldn't even name one, it's just not in my circle. I do know, that whatever it is they sell, which I've never seen or heard of, is only for fags.

• 4Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Can someone make a thread for Apple event next week? I want to make a response post that I don't even know anything about Apple or it's products. Couldn't even name one, it's just not in my circle. I do know, that whatever it is they sell, which I've never seen or heard of, is only for fags.
Yeah, that's surely the same. I don't think anyone living in the US who has a modern cell phone or has seen any commercials could be unaware of an iPhone. I guarantee there's probably some old people and people where iPhone has almost no market share that are unaware of it, though. I've never used one though. See, you can be aware of something and not use it or consume it.

All this because I said, as a joke, there's a bunch of gay people in the thread. That gets thrown around all the time on this forum and then suddenly it becomes the greatest offense ever imagined.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
How many of you homos were sitting around waiting for a chance to talk about Taylor Swift?

Golden State Warriors No GIF by NBA

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, that's surely the same. I don't think anyone living in the US who has a modern cell phone or has seen any commercials could be unaware of an iPhone.
All in good fun, I was wondering why this thread was growing and got a chuckle over the discussion.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I do know, that whatever it is they sell ... is only for fags.
Theres this funny thing that happens on FoH sometimes when someone makes a sarcastic post mocking another poster ... and it wraps around and turns into 100% gospel truth.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Theres this funny thing that happens on FoH sometimes when someone makes a sarcastic post mocking another poster ... and it wraps around and turns into 100% gospel truth.
It's how we build our culture

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
given the chance I'd fuck her although her mileage is around a S tier college ho

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How many of you homos were sitting around waiting for a chance to talk about Taylor Swift?

Golden State Warriors No GIF by NBA
Talking about pretty women didn't used to be a homo thing. I dunno how it is now. She has some nice songs, although her videos are corny as fuck. But at least she isn't some obese hoodrat talking about her leaky plumbing.