Teen sues parents for support & tuition

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Now imagine the slight .0001% chance she wins.... Well have loser kids suing parents all over the country for "college funds". Fuck I might just sue mine for back payment for all those years I worked through my college to get through it.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Now imagine the slight .0001% chance she wins.... Well have loser kids suing parents all over the country for "college funds". Fuck I might just sue mine for back payment for all those years I worked through my college to get through it.
Well context reallyreallymatters here.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's she look like, Eomer?
NHY0pRJ.jpg

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well context reallyreallymatters here.
Out of curiosity, what context? Are you saying that if parents save money they intend to put towards a kid's education, they are obligated to give it even if they strongly disagree with their choice? I'm confused.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Out of curiosity, what context? Are you saying that if parents save money they intend to put towards a kid's education, they are obligated to give it even if they strongly disagree with their choice? I'm confused.
If that money goes into any type of custodial account then yes, you are.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Out of curiosity, what contexxt? Are you saying that if parents save money they intend to put towards a kid's education, they are obligated to give it even if they strongly disagree with their choice? I'm confused.
If they created a college fund then let her use it for her first year (assumption) of college then decided to take it away unless she dumped her boyfriend (another assumption) then yes I think they are wrong. If they wanted to create a moral fund to control her actions they should have done so instead.

Note that context is very important here because it's just as much possible she's a well educated spoiled brat or that this college fund didn't exist in any actual form other then verbal agreement in which case the child gets nothing. But if it's actually in a college fund account and if it has actually been used to fund her college career then there is a question as to why the money stopped flowing provided she's still going to school and passing her classes.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If they created a college fund in her name she would have access to it wouldn't she? I don't think she would be looking for legal means if that was so.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Forum asks for lawyer to weigh in on case

Lawyer shows up and only comments on tits
There's not enough information to weigh in. There's certainly no obligation to pay for virtually anything for your kids, especially after they are 18. So there must be something else going on. What that is, hasn't been disclosed. So there's nothing to speculate about. And I'm not going looking for the pleadings.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I just can't imagine why in the fuck the best friend's dad is even involved in this shit, let alone to the tune of 12k. I'd be about to fucking murder the guy if I were the other dad. What in the fuck?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Her Dad's a retired police chief, he could probably get away with it. Sounds like the judge ruled in favor of the parents, surprise surprise