Teen sues parents for support & tuition

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
let's turn this thread into a more general one like the cops thread

Daughter's Facebook Brag Costs Her Family $80,000 | Parenting - Yahoo Shine

32783920-a0a3-11e3-8766-efc3a3c3f836_dana-snay-facebook.jpg
With that picture being used for the news, she might as well kill herself now.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sounds to me like someone just Facebooked away their college fund. Time to get a part-time job and fill out dem FAFSA apps. You'll have plenty of time this summer while you're not in Europe.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yo lemme just post this status for 1200 of my closest friends.

I don't even think I've met 1200 people in my life and I'm 30.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't know, I think I'm with Noodleface. I'vebeen aroundandseenfar more than 1200 people, obviously, but I'm not so sure I've actually "met" that many people. By meet, I mean that you at least know their first and last name and have spoken/communicated with them a bit.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yo lemme just post this status for 1200 of my closest friends.

I don't even think I've met 1200 people in my life and I'm 30.
Kids that age will literally friend everyone in their high school and everyone they ever met even once and then everyone at college when they get there because the number of facebook friends is like epeen measuring for that generation.

When Facebook first came to my University, when you needed a .edu email address to get access and they had to add your school, it was so new and cool that you added absolutely everyone. I think at one point, when I was still on facebook, I probably had over 500 "friends".

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't know, I think I'm with Noodleface. I'vebeen aroundandseenfar more than 1200 people, obviously, but I'm not so sure I've actually "met" that many people. By meet, I mean that you at least know their first and last name and have spoken/communicated with them a bit.
This. I have people I'm friends with that have 500-600-700 "friends" easy. It's like LinkedIn for young people. Can't say I really understand it - I don't even have my whole family on mine, much less every person I've ever said "hi" to.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Meh, it really depends on your circle of friends and what you do for hobbies. A year or two ago I was up to 500-600 friends on Facebook, and they were all people that I legitimately knew and would say hi to if we crossed paths walking down the street. Maybe not true "friends", but they weren't just randoms. When I was guiding ski trips, I was meeting a couple hundred new people a year, and naturally being the awesome guy that I was, they'd often look me up on Facebook and add me after the trip. In fact a lot of customers from those days remain friends that I occasionally hang out with.

That being said, I did go through my entire friend's list and removed over half of them, with the rough guideline being that if I hadn't personally interacted with them in the past year or two, that they were given the boot. That left me with about 220.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Meh, it really depends on your circle of friends and what you do for hobbies. A year or two ago I was up to 500-600 friends on Facebook, and they were all people that I legitimately knew and would say hi to if we crossed paths walking down the street. Maybe not true "friends", but they weren't just randoms. When I was guiding ski trips, I was meeting a couple hundred new people a year, and naturally being the awesome guy that I was, they'd often look me up on Facebook and add me after the trip. In fact a lot of customers from those days remain friends that I occasionally hang out with.

That being said, I did go through my entire friend's list and removed over half of them, with the rough guideline being that if I hadn't personally interacted with them in the past year or two, that they were given the boot. That left me with about 220.
Your life sounds like a rom-com to me.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider

Not disagreeing with you, and I rarely use Facebook myself, but what you are talking about is more similar to running a business. Being a good ski guide and friending everyone you train is good for business. It's more like an informal LinkedIn at that point since LinkedIn isn't typically used for connecting with people I met on a climbing vacation.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Not disagreeing with you, and I rarely use Facebook myself, but what you are talking about is more similar to running a business. Being a good ski guide and friending everyone you train is good for business. It's more like an informal LinkedIn at that point since LinkedIn isn't typically used for connecting with people I met on a climbing vacation.
So what you're saying is that Eomer doesn't have any real friends and they only keep in contact with him in case their toilet breaks.