Teen sues parents for support & tuition

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Judge denies tuition, pushes it off til april:
Judge Denies Tuition Money For Rachel Canning, NJ Teen Suing Parents CBS New York

Judge Peter Bogaard noted that Rachel Canning's behavior over the past year was a concern - one or two school suspensions, drinking, losing her captaincy on the cheerleading squad and being kicked out of the campus ministry."What kind of parents would the Cannings be if they didn't set down some strict rules?" Bogaard said.
"If you have a child who was in a home environment which was unsafe for her, whether it be emotionally or physically, and she fled the house . for safe harbor then she is going to be entitled to support from mom and dad," Schwartz said. "If, on the other hand, she voluntarily decided to leave and now is looking for someone else to pay the freight, she may have a harder time.
"There comes the question as to when parents have the right to say, 'You follow my rules under my house or else you don't get,' and she (Rachel Canning) seems to want both sides. . 'I don't want to live under your rules, but I do want your money.'"

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
after this, i wouldn't want to fund any of her shit even if she was my most beloved daughter.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
I don't know if it's just cynicism but I'm actually shocked the judge ruled in the favor of common sense. Bravo judge.

rrr_img_61816.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think the judge said something like it would pave the way for kids to sue their parents for an xbox or other small stuff. Called her out for what she was, a dumb kid.

I'd dump my load in her vagina.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's not enough information to weigh in. There's certainly no obligation to pay for virtually anything for your kids, especially after they are 18. So there must be something else going on. What that is, hasn't been disclosed. So there's nothing to speculate about. And I'm not going looking for the pleadings.
This is simply not true(depending on state). I am not a lawyer and I do not know the specific rules of it all but for a 100% FACT(family members) if you are a non-custodial parent paying child support the court can and will order you to continue paying well past 18(up to age 24 I believe) as long as the child is still in school. This has been a terrible force of stress within my family.

I know this case is a little different and honestly I hope the girl dies for being such a piece of shit regardless of what the law is but in some states there are certainly situations where the state can override the 18 rule.

EDIT: Wow just read the judges ruling above...bravo....brav-fucking-o. I still have hope for humanity.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
rachel-canning.jpg

Tabloids just released a picture of her freebasing cocaine.

rrr_img_61887.jpg

Traffic is a great movie

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The judge in the case read a transcript of a voicemail where she told her mom, "I wanna shit all over your face."
What asaucylittle minx...

Fedor

<Banned>

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
What a dumb fucking cunt. She'll be blowing guys until her gums bleed to pay back the 80 grand.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Dana has 1,200 Facebook friends...

Facebook is a public forum, even if her profile is set to private, and that's where the mistake was made
1200 friends is anything but private, jesus christ.