TERA

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Harfle and I going to rock this tomorrow.

Server is Tempest Reach no clue what else we are going to do. I need to see if I have permissions to do invites on the FoH guild that is still there or if I have to make a new one.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Expansion dropped today. Level 60-65. New dungeons etc...

Still has the best MMO gameplay IMO. Just so much damn grind fucks up any damn fun.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
FSGaming did a promo tour of this today. I didn't make it out of the noobie area when I tried this game but some day I'd like to give it a fair shake.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was pretty surprised when I heard they were porting an expansion for this even though the game doesn't look like it's doing too well but eh, maybe I'll get motivated to play it at some point. Would probably wait for the new class though, which apparently isn't in this or whatever even though it's already released in korea, typical stuff.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I was pretty surprised when I heard they were porting an expansion for this even though the game doesn't look like it's doing too well but eh, maybe I'll get motivated to play it at some point. Would probably wait for the new class though, which apparently isn't in this or whatever even though it's already released in korea, typical stuff.
All the metrics I've seen show that Tera is one of the most profitable MMO's of 2013 2014... what do you mean its not doing well?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
All the metrics I've seen show that Tera is one of the most profitable MMO's of 2013 2014... what do you mean its not doing well?
In the west? I get the korean release, it's the port that I find curious, but I haven't seen any numbers either, I just went from coverage, people playing the game and so on, I just might not be aware it's doing well.

koffin_sl

shitlord
Anyone still playing this? I booted it up for 30 minutes to try out the new class and it seemed pretty sweet.

I never managed to get max level in this game with a class though. Should I stay away from PVP servers? I typically enjoy PVP servers but it seems like in TERA they aren't nearly as populated as PVE for some reason.

edit:
Link to the preview video for the new class Gunner.
TERA - Gunner Class Overview - YouTube

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
is this class limited to a single race like the reaper was? I think they only showed a high elf in the video.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
high elf or castanic female only.

Gunner is OP as shit for leveling.

I play tera on and off randomly because it's free and the combat system is pretty awesome. Gunner can 1-65 so easiler, so much aoe, so much dmg, free heals, free knock downs, the class is broken as shit for leveling.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Gunner class looks awesome. That was a pretty good video too.

Does this game actually have stuff to do in it yet?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game hasn't changed, it still only has the leveling experience, then grinding dungeons for gear and praying to RNGesus.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The PVP can be fun if you're in to that sort of thing, but otherwise the end-game content is still sorta lacking. There's some fun to be had trying to solo high level instances on warrior etc, but otherwise meh

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Gunner class looks awesome. That was a pretty good video too.

Does this game actually have stuff to do in it yet?
The dungeons are fantastic 1st time around. The 100th? Not so much?

So no. I see it like Diablo. I'm playing against the RNG.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Shame. I couldn't stomach the level grind to max level after your levels slowed down. I could only make it to 40 something before I just stopped.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The leveling wasn't too bad as a lancer, and when I came back after forever post release, they had added these grindable super epic weapons that beat the shit out of dungeon boss drops during the leveling phases. But it definitely starts to slow down and suck in the 40s, and when the mobs only pose a challenge to you if you aren't paying any attention whatsoever, or trying to kill group mobs by yourself (hi OP as shit block) then it starts to become a bit tedious. Especially since the quests, including the storyline ones, are pretty much terribad.