TERA

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Started this game 2 weeks ago with some friends and its pretty damn fun. Really wish I could tweak the UI a lot more though

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Got bored of FF14 already (I'm at a standard month of MMOs before they wear on me) so downloaded this and Trove. Played a bit and got to 15 on a Gunner. I forgot how much better the actiony MMO combat is vs. tab target stuff. Name is Brikkers if anyone is still playing.

Where do you get keys to unlock these lockboxes that I constantly get?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I played TERA at launch with the board guild. Oloh was guild leader and I vaguely recall him winning one of the early elections to control one of the territories. I'm a chronic MMO hopper so after a couple of months I stopped playing and went back to some other MMO.

Ever since then there have been numerous posters who comment about how great the combat is in TERA. With that being the case, why isn't this game more popular?

spronk

FPS noob
after you play for a while you realize the only people who truly like the character models are probably pedos

i dont wanna die and have relatives find tera on my pc

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I played TERA at launch with the board guild. Oloh was guild leader and I vaguely recall him winning one of the early elections to control one of the territories. I'm a chronic MMO hopper so after a couple of months I stopped playing and went back to some other MMO.

Ever since then there have been numerous posters who comment about how great the combat is in TERA. With that being the case, why isn't this game more popular?
The game has good combat, but terrible endgame/content from what I understand. It's boring and repetitive and shit. It's a F2P korean game after all. So it's really enjoyable to level up and pvp, but not fun to play for a long time, for most people. It still does alright, considering it's not dead even though it's old as shit.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The game has good combat, but terrible endgame/content from what I understand. It's boring and repetitive and shit. It's a F2P korean game after all. So it's really enjoyable to level up and pvp, but not fun to play for a long time, for most people. It still does alright, considering it's not dead even though it's old as shit.
Boring and repetitive is every MMO, though. Also didn't this game come out in 2012? Dunno if 3 years is old as shit. Either way, it's free and not as grindy as it was when I played in 2012.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Probably the funniest thing I've read all month.
At least Tera is just a game but he better make sure he keeps his browser history clean or they might find out hes a member of these forums.

Worst part about Tera was gearing by far and the bullshit RNG +1 or break Korean crap.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Boring and repetitive is every MMO, though. Also didn't this game come out in 2012? Dunno if 3 years is old as shit. Either way, it's free and not as grindy as it was when I played in 2012.
2011 in korea, which is kinda old. It's not like Lineage2, or well EQ and shit, but it's still not very modern. Aged well cause it looked glorious when it released though, korean magic and all that.

Wasn't saying it was a bad game, just that most people get bored once they're done leveling and enter the endgame grind of farming low drop chance shit and having to upgrade it via RNG based systems that cost a ton of gold which forces you to farm and so on. It might have gotten a lot better though I don't know, but it's the typical korean stuff that tends to get people to quit. I don't even remember why I quit though. I've been wanting to go back, but I can't get myself to pick any of the current classes, I've played most already to a decent level back then so nothing feels new, besides the Scythe and Gun classes but Gun isn't my thing and Scythe looks boring as shit. Now the gloves upcoming class, that's something else, but it's so far away, I don't know.

ixian_sl

shitlord
This weekend and next TERA is having a double EXP event, so it's a good time to check it out. I'm in the camp that dislikes the character models, but the gameplay is good enough that I'm willing to put my distaste for them aside.
I think TERA is kind of like SWTOR in that it's become quietly popular since its conversion to F2P and later on its release to Steam.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Tera has great combat and some decent dungeons as well. The leveling experience, PvP system and really the rest of the game is typical Korean grindy grindy. There are some really good elements to the classes, even the economy but much of the good that it brings to the table gets lost on your grind for +1 on your gear once you hit end game.

ixian_sl

shitlord
FWIW, they've definitely improved the leveling grind -- I can't speak to all of the changes they've made since I only just started playing again recently (I'm one of those people who played at launch and quit after), but I know they streamlined the questing experience, I believe they've also reduced the EXP needed to level and also made enchanting your items easier, among other things. I can't possibly blame anyone for not wanting to play the game because of the icky character models, but if you can look past that grabbing it from Steam and giving it a shot.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
How's the population? I too played at the start (even joined the guild that formed on this board) but the grind got to me. I thought the environment graphics were awesome and even enjoyed the character models.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
How's the population? I too played at the start (even joined the guild that formed on this board) but the grind got to me. I thought the environment graphics were awesome and even enjoyed the character models.
All the servers are very populated.

The enchanting has been westernized quite a bit. The grind for drops is still there but nearly like it was. Not even close.

The issue you will have is good tanks. The good ones (like myself thankyouverymuch) in no way, shape or form, want to be bothered with anyone they don't know. The noob level in this game is on a whole new level. You really can waste hours with bad players. The bad tanks are so bad at times, you are left wondering said tanks IQ level.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
What server are you guys that are playing on? I'm on Mount Tyrannas because it's where I had characters from 2012. I've got my Gunner up to 43 now and just got today off unexpectedly so gonna see what I can get up to before double exp turns off.

Also unlocked Reaper last time I played, which seems interesting. Didn't know it was like a WoW DK in that it starts at 50 and intro takes you to 58. I wish you could be something other than the pedo race, though =/

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Them locking races for new classes kinda sucks, especially since all of them are females. I don't mind since I generally play female chars anyway, but it's a weird decision that no class they've added to the game can be a male, at all. Reaper is Elin only, Gunner is Cast/Elf female only and the next new class Brawler is Human female only. Brawler especially should probably have been available to males considering the type of gameplay. They're being cheap on the animations work and catering to the players that buy skins and shit, so it makes sense from a commercial point of view, but it's kinda meh.

I'll probably pick this up by the end of the year when Brawler is added. From what I've seen they're like 4-6months behind korean patches, next patch is a bunch of balance shit and the patch after or the one after after is the Brawler one, supposedly, so that's not too long to wait, I thought the class hadn't released yet in korea but it released a month ago.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Gunner is so ridiculously OP it's hilarious. You can solo 5man dungeons in your level range (though I'm sure this isn't true at 65) and I can easily one shot players my level in PVP. Really it's all thanks to one specific attack and an ability that refreshes MP/cooldown of that attack on a super short CD itself.