TERA

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Right. Leveling is easy but it starts wearing on you by the 40s where the level slow down just a bit, just enough for you to stop having fun and make you think wtf are you doing.

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
Re-installed this and damn the Gunner class is hella fun. The animations in this game are truly top notch. Without exception, the gunner abilities and animations are very very responsive and have a great weight and impact. I'll probably play for a month to check out the new endgame at 65, but I get the feeling it is the same RNG enchanting bullshit as 2 years ago when I last played.

Hard to believe this game has been out for 3 years. Why the fuck hasn't a western MMO developer copied this combat system by now? I'd love to be able to play a game with combat like this minus the shitty Korean RNG grind.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
My hope is that Crowfall does it. They have the guy that did DCUO combat on the team and he has mentioned he wants a mix of DCUO and TERA.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Double XP from kills til June 2nd if anyone was curious to test out classes. Just do the Story quests, BAM quests, and dungeon quests/runs. You'll level up fast and not have to grind countless quests. Going from 60-65 isn't bad at all, especially if you like the combat for your class. If you were curious about playing a Slayer before, I'd try it out now, they are so strong and fun with the buffs they got a few months ago. The Gunner is crazy though, no animation lock on their default attack, and the animation for strafing actually changes based on the direction you're going...nice touch. Still think Blade & Soul combat is better. ;p

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Had a lot of fun on my Lancer, until like many, hit 44 and just didn't go further.

One of the funnest moments was me and a friend running from the newbie zone on brand new guys as far as we could, and seeing what we could survive/kill. We got pretty far before we missed a dodge and got 1 shotted. I was just so happy that the entire system was based on skill for the most part, and not entirely based on level.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
this games combat is the closest thing were gonna get to something like blade n soul eh? kinda sad i really liked that game and i could have probably leveled forever even on my summoner(pet caster) the combat was just really really fun, then when you actually played one of the melee (martial art classes) it was incredible.

Parallel45

New class was announced (Vi anyone?):

Plus, the new character select screen will be the best of any MMO in history:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's july in korea right, so I guess next year over here at best. Though the design interest me a lot more than the gunner stuff, I'd probably start playing again to check that out.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That Lobby screen...tits, tits, and more tits.

People think that new class will be another gender locked class, obviously with Human being one of the playable races...though Amani would fit the style of the brawler pretty well.

Parallel45

That's july in korea right, so I guess next year over here at best. Though the design interest me a lot more than the gunner stuff, I'd probably start playing again to check that out.
Yeah this was in K-tera so it will probably be a good six months before we get it. Although en masse does seem a little better at porting stuff over than most other publishers.

As an altaholic I very much appreciate the new character screen. I wish more MMO's would give your alts a physical representation in the game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That Lobby screen...tits, tits, and more tits.

People think that new class will be another gender locked class, obviously with Human being one of the playable races...though Amani would fit the style of the brawler pretty well.
Was gunner gender locked? I know it was locked to elf and castani, but thought it was any gender? If it's race locked then the ones oyu mentionned make sense I guess. Not a huge fan of these races though, hell for a melee based class like this, I think I'd like Elin or Popori, because of the disconnect. I find it much more amusing when the small races do the big physical stuff than the obvious buff larger races.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, Gunner is gender locked (female). Popori Brawler would be awesome, but I don't see that happening, and allowing Elin to be brawlers would enrage lots of people due to Reapers.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
We got any people that might want to give Tera a try? As a group thing? I love the fights but the souless grinding is getting to me.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I still play now and again, but it's boring at this point as I'm playing alone, and I don't trust anyone to do dungeons. Too many bads.

Edit: Looks like I'm going to have to start a new character, though, since there's at least one new class I haven't played.

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
I tried Tera, but never managed to leave the first isle ...... also I have the feeling the Unreal Engine is not really meant to be for MMOs , don't get me wrong it looks pretty but those pop ups are just somehow ruining it (maybe my PC). At least for me this "everything" needs to be aimed also too much if I would like to play longer.

Parallel45

On the NA side they did just have a big content patch also.
Go Berserk | TERA

They did a nice job on the zerker tanking. The warrior buffs are insane (including the tanking buffs). The new PvP deathmatch map is pretty fun also. Pretty solid patch actually.

I still come back to this game now and then for major content patches and such, but I'll never be one to grind the RNG wall for +15 gear.