The Acolyte

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
And this is the issue they run into to. Red Lightsaber = Sith in the minds of general audience. Now I guess if people bothered to pay attention to Obi-Wan they would see that the inquisitors were not really sith just bad jedi but I bet they didn't.

I said this in slack when our team saw the trailer, its a shame Andor didn't do better cause im sick to death of Jedi's. Rip Rogue Squadron away from Patti Jenkins give it to someone else and make it a tv show. Bam something worth watching.
Ahsoka had the red/orange sabers for Baylon and his apprentice. They were not Sith. I wonder if they are gonna change some of the crystal lore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Ewan Mcgregor Lola GIF by Disney+

Star Wars Lola GIF by Disney+

Ewan Mcgregor Hug GIF by Disney+

Sure does!
Holy shit that little drone is right out of Batteries Not Included. Man that movie was so great.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That was such a fun movie as a kid.
some of that movie really pulls on the heart strings. last time i saw it i was a kid. no way am i going to watch it now. its very good though. and yeah, it looks like Disney really likes ripping off speilberg. baby Yoda is Gizmo from Gremlins and those baby flying saucers from BNI get used in Obiwan.also Wall-E looks a lot like Johnny 5.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
this looks like its going to be multiple seasons from the press that's come out the last two days. Would be cool to see this become a direct prequel to Palpatine getting into the system with Plagueis being a main character.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
They didn't learn anything from the South Park episode.

Screenshot_20240320_210918_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if they are gonna change some of the crystal lore.
I get the feeling that it's going back to some of the little used lore from the legends series. Red is synthetic and flawless, but the other colors represent your role as a jedi because you change the color while making the saber. I only remember seeing it in one or 2 old republic and earlier books, but then it has shown up lately in live action again.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

I get the feeling that it's going back to some of the little used lore from the legends series. Red is synthetic and flawless, but the other colors represent your role as a jedi because you change the color while making the saber. I only remember seeing it in one or 2 old republic and earlier books, but then it has shown up lately in live action again.

I thought the crystal reacted to the maker of the saber and the first turning on was kinda like a jedi gender reveal ;-) also didn't some sabers explode if they were not made right? that's why it is like "Oh Luke made one all by himself yo"

But I have read 0 EU so, yeah.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
A Black Woman Sith. Absolutely nothing could go wrong with that. Nope.
She's better looking than Zendaya at least.

Anyway, this looks better than Obi-wan and does look like it will include some EU lore. This doesn't look offensively awful or cartoony.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I thought the crystal reacted to the maker of the saber and the first turning on was kinda like a jedi gender reveal ;-) also didn't some sabers explode if they were not made right? that's why it is like "Oh Luke made one all by himself yo"

But I have read 0 EU so, yeah.

I only recall the sith synthetic crystals having a chance to assplode. The jedi used natural crystals. I suppose an explosion could have been possible there too, but they weren't being as harsh as the sith who forced the crystal to bend to their will. I do believe the color was revealed upon activation, but the change happened during the process when you were meditating and connecting with your lightsaber. I think there was even once when a saber changed colors after it had been made and used for years. Cannot recall if that was NewCanon EU, legends, or one of the tv shows.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I watched Batteries Not Included and Flight of the Navigator so many fucking times as a kid.
Think my parents took me to see Flight of the Navigator in the theater. One of my favorites as a kid. The spaceship is still a pretty cool design, especially when it goes into its speed mode.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I only recall the sith synthetic crystals having a chance to assplode. The jedi used natural crystals. I suppose an explosion could have been possible there too, but they weren't being as harsh as the sith who forced the crystal to bend to their will. I do believe the color was revealed upon activation, but the change happened during the process when you were meditating and connecting with your lightsaber. I think there was even once when a saber changed colors after it had been made and used for years. Cannot recall if that was NewCanon EU, legends, or one of the tv shows.
Ahsoka's lightsabers are using Sith red crystals she "cleansed" and are now white.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Why do you have to bend a synthetic crystal to your will... wouldn't it have been made to its purpose?
Not all red crystals are synthetic. Sith can corrupt a normal crystal by focusing their negative emotions into them and turn them red.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Ahsoka's lightsabers are using Sith red crystals she "cleansed" and are now white.
That was probably where I got that. That was in Clone Wars, right?

Why do you have to bend a synthetic crystal to your will... wouldn't it have been made to its purpose?
During the creation process. It goes into a reactor and you focus your will upon it to make sure it is created flawlessly. But harshaw was also right that they use natural crystals too.