The Acolyte

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i still refuse to believe somebody greenlit this bullshit and its in production.
According to her agency United Agents, British actress Abigail Thorn is due to play Ensign Eurus in The Acolyte, making her Star Wars' first-ever transgender actor in a non-minor role.
iu

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

i still refuse to believe somebody greenlit this bullshit and its in production.
According to her agency United Agents, British actress Abigail Thorn is due to play Ensign Eurus in The Acolyte, making her Star Wars' first-ever transgender actor in a non-minor role.
iu

please please let it be the new chosen one.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
please please let it be the new chosen one.
honestly, i didnt think this franchise could sink any lower, but jedi mustard holes is something i never thought i would have to say. i dont know how this keeps being promoted with Lucasfilm swirling the toilet bowl.

Goatface

grain of salt time
doomcock and kamran pasha put out a vid couple days ago, basically saying the press release about production being finished was a lie and they never have a full budget. what they did get finished was 3 short "films" to be used to hype the show.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
grain of salt time
doomcock and kamran pasha put out a vid couple days ago, basically saying the press release about production being finished was a lie and they never have a full budget. what they did get finished was 3 short "films" to be used to hype the show.
yep, thats been going around for a bit, it honestly makes sense. how the fuck with a writer's strike is anything moving forward with this show? and now with everything Lucasfilm being cancelled and nobody watching, how could KK even get a full production budget for the wokest baddest Star Wars show of them all? its so ludicrous, yet it doesnt surprise me one bit. Disney is a complete clown car in the last 3 years. Jedi mustard hole sounds right in tune with everything else.

• 2Like

Goatface

Disney has revealed that it spent $49.2 million (£38.3 million) on pre-production of The Acolyte, its upcoming Star Wars streaming series which is set before the events of the main movies.

It is a staggering $5.5 million (£4.3 million) more than Disney spent on pre-production of 2016's big screen Star Wars blockbuster Rogue One.

Last year's hit Star Wars streaming series Andor spent 38% more on pre-production but it was made at the height of the pandemic so had to invest heavily in COVID protocols and needed its production budget to be adjusted accordingly.

Even pre-production costs of the main instalments in the Star Wars saga weren't far off The Acolyte. Disney only spent 17% more on pre-production of The Last Jedi in 2017 and that was a sure-fire hit thanks to an A List cast playing classic characters headlined by Mark Hamill in the iconic role of Luke Skywalker.

In contrast, little is known about The Acolyte which is set to land on the Disney+ streaming platform next year. The cast of the eight-episode series includes Lee Jung-jae from Squid Game, Manny Jacinto from The Good Place and Dafne Keen from Logan.

Perhaps the biggest name amongst its ranks only came to light a few days ago when it was revealed that Keanu Reeves will have a cameo in the show. He joins Matrix co-star Carrie Ann Moss who is reportedly playing a Jedi when the warriors were at the peak of their power. In a recent podcast interview with Entertainment Weekly, Showrunner Leslye Headland revealed that The Acolyte takes place around 100 years before the events of the first Star Wars prequel, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hope Keanu got a huge payday for that cameo. But knowing what a good guy he is, he might not have taken hardly anything because he was helping out his friend, Carrie.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Hope Keanu got a huge payday for that cameo. But knowing what a good guy he is, he might not have taken hardly anything because he was helping out his friend, Carrie.
Or he is just a Star Wars fan. A lot of actors do cameos for cheap and even uncredited.

Fadaar

That guy
Or he is just a Star Wars fan. A lot of actors do cameos for cheap and even uncredited.

Like the ones in TFA. Of course Daniel Craig and Simon Pegg didn't know the cluster fuck that was to come but they got to be in a Star Wars movie before it was totally ruined.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Like the ones in TFA. Of course Daniel Craig and Simon Pegg didn't know the cluster fuck that was to come but they got to be in a Star Wars movie before it was totally ruined.
I mean the main difference is those guys probably aren't obsessive fans that hate the IP now.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hard to get excited about anything Star Wars (other than Andor) after the mediocre last season of Mando and the terrible Boba Fett. The animated side, in Bad Batch and Tails is better, but still not close to as good as the finally 3 seasons of Clone Wars or the last 2 seasons of Rebels.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Summer release, really excited for this series. Bad Batch until May 1, this sometime between June and September, and then we still have Tales of the Jedi and Skeleton Crew, which will be holiday 2024

The good news is that none of these fucknuts will watch the series, so true fans like us can talk about it without interruption.

Right?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf