The "Am I stupid AF for wanting a motorcycle" thread.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NO! NO! GET ONE OF THESE:

eOHesKA.jpg

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Don't think of it as a toy. You're already off to a bad start if that's your attitude.
Jesus christ people are acting like a motorcycle is some nuclear launch codes or something. I know you are Canadian but at least TRY to grow some balls.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jesus christ people are acting like a motorcycle is some nuclear launch codes or something. I know you are Canadian but at least TRY to grow some balls.
Could you stop chimping out in every thread you post in?

Get yourself some Watermelon flavored Arizona Iced Tea drink and some Skittles and calm your ass down.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why don't you play some Toto, I hear they wrote a song for you to chimpout to, might remind you of home.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah. Still waiting for my karma juju that Grimsark casted on me to come get me.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've only been doing my job for the past 3 months - but the motorcycle wrecks I've covered is maybe 20? 25? Not all were fatal, but these guys are rarely luck enough to only have road rash. A black lady veered in on a bike and clipped his front wheel. He laid the bike down, and got wedged up under another car in oncoming traffic. His foot had to be amputated, long story short. The speed limit was only 35, and the lady never stopped. Classic hit and run.

Point being, you have a kid on the way and it's very rare that a long term biker hasn't had at least one wreck. You might not die, but being some sort of cripple isn't going to be the best thing for your child either. I was stupid on my bike and should probably be dead in a ditch. But selling my bike was probably the smartest thing I've ever had to do.

Szlia

Maybe it's not the same in the US, but I just heard a stat from around here: 40% of the people aged 80+ still have their licence. Public transportation for me plz!

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I used to ride, until my Dad got into an accident that wasn't his fault and had a massive stroke as a result of his injuries that left him mostly unable to control his own body. He has needed care 24/7 for the past 7 years. It doesn't even matter how good you are at riding, it's the other brain dead drivers that you have to worry about.

Also had a friend hit a deer on his bike going 60 mph at 2 in the morning. Broke his leg with completely severed bones in 3 places and had untold amounts of road rash but somehow lived.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why anyone would ride a motorcycle at 2 in the morning at those speeds where there are deer is beyond stupid.