The "Am I stupid AF for wanting a motorcycle" thread.

Sugarhigh_sl

shitlord
I own a motorcycle and I love riding it... but if I could give one piece of advice it would be commute to work and whatnot in your car, And save the motorbike for evening rides and weekend jaunts. Try to avoid high traffic streets and AVOID riding during rush hour if at all possible

just my 2c

Oh and definitely take a riding course you will learn a lot! (even if you had ridden dirtbikes and whatnot in the past)

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have you been to any of the resorts here? Way better than Whiteface NY and by far the best in NY. better than most of ME and VT too.

Yeah buffalo is blue collar. Point being? Not sure what the deal is. I like living here. I like where I live south of the city. Not much more to be said.
Yeah, I've been to nearly every resort there. I would not rate any of them better than Whiteface, Gore, or even Greek Peak. The deal is Buffalo sucks, that is the deal.

Eomer_sl said:
East Coast skiing. Hilarious.
Go fall down a line you canuck.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah, I've been to nearly every resort there. I would not rate any of them better than Whiteface, Gore, or even Greek Peak. The deal is Buffalo sucks, that is the deal.

Go fall down a line you canuck.
Well most ski magazines and people who arent trying to be a jerk would disagree with you. Because Holiday Valley is constantly rated better than Whiteface. Or anywhere else in NY.

But I get it, Buffalo sucks I should feel bad. Thanks for letting me know.

PS Fucking hate canadians. Imagine Eomer is one of the types that come over, buy new clothes, put them on and not claim them at the border. bunch of shit birds in Ontario. They are still better than the hicks in Alberta.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I'm always perfectly honest when crossing the border, because our border patrol makes yours look like a joke. It's more of a pain in the ass for me to get back in to my own country, than to get in to pretty much any foreign one. So yeah, I'm meticulous about purchases. I keep the receipts and everything.

And I'm quite cultured, thank you.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
We were almost denied entrance to Canada because the letter my girlfriend had from her ex-husband ok'ing her to bring their son there wasn't up to snuff, I guess.

Canada border patrol don't fuck around.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well most ski magazines and people who arent trying to be a jerk would disagree with you. Because Holiday Valley is constantly rated better than Whiteface. Or anywhere else in NY.

But I get it, Buffalo sucks I should feel bad. Thanks for letting me know.

PS Fucking hate canadians. Imagine Eomer is one of the types that come over, buy new clothes, put them on and not claim them at the border. bunch of shit birds in Ontario. They are still better than the hicks in Alberta.
At least that's one thing we can agree on. Fuck Canadians. So many people think they're so nice and all say sorry and this horseshit. NAH.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I'm always perfectly honest when crossing the border, because our border patrol makes yours look like a joke. It's more of a pain in the ass for me to get back in to my own country, than to get in to pretty much any foreign one. So yeah, I'm meticulous about purchases. I keep the receipts and everything.

And I'm quite cultured, thank you.
is this really a "Our border patrol has a bigger dick than your border patrol" post?

Here's how I get into Canada - Drive up say GOING TO YYZ (PS fuck you for saying it Zed) then they ask me zero questions and I go through. Then I use my EZ pass to go through the 3 dollar toll booths In and out in 2 minutes. Coming into the US I get grilled. Where, when, how long, what you doing, what do you have etc.

I think what we can all take from this is that at the US/Canada border its easier to go into the foreign country than it is to return to your own, which I find hilarious.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Gunnar_sl said:
is this really a "Our border patrol has a bigger dick than your border patrol" post?
No, it was merely a reply to your query/accusation.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider

Here's how I get into Canada - Drive up say GOING TO YYZ (PS fuck you for saying it Zed) then they ask me zero questions and I go through. Then I use my EZ pass to go through the 3 dollar toll booths In and out in 2 minutes. Coming into the US I get grilled. Where, when, how long, what you doing, what do you have etc.

I think what we can all take from this is that at the US/Canada border its easier to go into the foreign country than it is to return to your own, which I find hilarious.
Homie, you need to chill. Like go jerk off or something. 90% of the shit on these past couple pages have been people jokin and you getting all offended.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bought my first bike two years ago, a 1983 Honda CB1000C. I bought it as a hobby, since it was in need of repair, and as my daily driver to and from work. I did a lot of work to my bike, and I really loved the sense of freedom I got from riding on back country roads for hours on end. As a to and from work, it saved me gas money and freed up my car to be used by the wife.

That being said, after coming home from Thanksgiving last year, I wrecked my bike. It had rained the night before, the roads were wet. I take I-95 southbound in the mornings, and my on-ramp merges into an on-ramp from another road. The guy in front of me stopped at the yield when I was looking over my shoulder at the oncoming traffic ramp. I swerved, but clipped my handlebars on his tail light and lost control in the grass. I was lucky, since I was only wearing my work clothes and a balaclava. I broke my collar bone and had to have surgery. My shoulder still hurts, and it's been 7 months since the surgery. I also totaled my bike, which I had put a lot of time into at that point.

I recommend you always wear a helmet and a padded jacket. Some of the jackets nowadays are vented so well it's like you're not wearing them. Insure yourself and your bike.

Pics for fun.

rrr_img_74833.jpg
rrr_img_74834.jpg
rrr_img_74835.jpg

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Man, I wish I had my xrays from my accident and surgery after. My back was an absolute mess.

Tick_sl

shitlord
Guys I really appreciate all the comments, even the not so serious ones lol. I think where I am now on this is to wait on the child, pay off another bill or two, then take a course. I don't plan to commute to work or drive it everyday for that matter. I view the bike ( for me at least ) as more as of a hobby. Weekend warrior type deal just to hit the road and have fun. I am not some dare devil speed demon lol, I just want a toy is all.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Don't think of it as a toy. You're already off to a bad start if that's your attitude.