The Astronomy Thread

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
6 miles? That would be like 3x the deepest mine we have dug on earth? Would the water be steam at that depth?

Mars is only 1/3rd the size of Earth and its presumed the core isn't molten like Earth's, so at depths it may not be as hot as Earth.

However, water that deep still leaves open the possibility of large water reserves closer to the surface

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Mars is only 1/3rd the size of Earth and its presumed the core isn't molten like Earth's, so at depths it may not be as hot as Earth.

However, water that deep still leaves open the possibility of large water reserves closer to the surface
I had no idea Mars lacked a Molten Core. No T1 gear for them.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's why Mars doesn't have a magnetic field, and its atmosphere evaporated.

It's been hypothesized that Earth wouldn't have a liquid metal core anymore if not for the moon - specifically, the gravitational interplay between the Earth and the moon helps ensure the core stays liquid and more importantly, magnetized.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's been hypothesized that Earth wouldn't have a liquid metal core anymore if not for the moon - specifically, the gravitational interplay between the Earth and the moon helps ensure the core stays liquid and more importantly, magnetized.
Almost like the Earth's designed was all planned out ahead of time :cool:

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Did they actually say anything at the NASA press thing today(regarding the dreamliner)? All I can find is videos and I'm not sitting through one of those dry ass things.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Did they actually say anything at the NASA press thing today(regarding the dreamliner)? All I can find is videos and I'm not sitting through one of those dry ass things.
They usually don't discuss the 787 at NASA press conferences no

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users