The Astronomy Thread

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Polaris launched safely. Flat earthers BTFO.

1725961375667.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I watched. I also looked around at some of the fake channels. There was a fake spacex channel and they had a AI deepfake stage talk by musk with a bitcoin scam link :emoji_laughing:

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I don't have the effort to do a Lumi impersonation right now, but I'll just give a half-hearted, "You are so fucking stupid, have you never heard of fisheye lenses?!"

Those clever NASA fakers, making a perfectly reverse-fisheye oval rocket that looks circular in camera!

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh please, anything can be done with computer CGI. Are you up there with them? No, then it did not happen.

You guys are the same people that believe we landed on the moon. It was all staged.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It was cool, although I think I expected them to be floating around or going further outside the capsule - they sort of just peeked out of the capsule halfway

edit: I read up a bit more and the reason was the suits weren’t fully functional for full egress - they don’t have full articulation in the legs, had a limited temperature regulation system, and didn’t have proper equipment for a full tethered egress. So effectively this was a proof of design in terms of meeting minimal EVA requirements

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Extra 20%? A round trip to the surface from Mars intercept is just shy of 10000 dV, Deimos is only 2000 dV and Phobos is about 2500 dV. You need 5-6x more fuel for a Mars landing than you do for one of it's satellites.
Are you just programmed to misread my posts or something. What you are saying is relatively true, but it doesn't make what I said untrue.

I'm of the belief that if you don't have a plan for refueling in space or at mars, that a round trip to mars in the near future is almost certainly a pipe dream. Establishing a base on the moon and using that knowledge to prepare for a mars landing is the logical step forward. Until then, any mars adventure is probably one way.

One way suicide mission to mars? I'd sign up for that though. Being the first there would be totally #worth.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Hopefully their next mission will be Polaris morning or Polaris midafternoon so we can watch it live. LOL

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users