The Beer Thread

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Blakkr is pretty badass.

View attachment 108830
Meh, I never really cared for it when it was released. Which version were you drinking (real's, surly's, or 3F's)?

Merry Christmas. This is being removed from rotation by Avery. So try it while you can.

View attachment 108908
The Tweak (re-aged with coffee beans in the barrel) is one of the best beers. Fucking 17% though.

Drank a bunch of shit this weekend:
The Bruery's mash & vanilla was too much vanilla for me
Evil Twin's Even More Jesus is probably one of the smoothest RIS I've had
Hammerheart (Viking Smoke Brewery out of MN) had an awesome smoked lager
Founder's Lizard of Koz is awesome but almost too much for strong flavors
Clobberskull tasted "off" and I can't tell if it's just the french oak taste or what
Brooklyn's BlackOps is still awesome
Tall Grass's Big RICC is my new go-to RIS in a can

I'm waiting to open a bottle of Double Barrel Baptist next. I'm hoping it's as awesome as it sounds. The new trend of barrel-aged coffee beans being used for beer sounds great.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
So I shared the magnum of the Anchor Brewing Christmas ale with my nephews and dad on Christmas...it was a hit with 4 of the 5 and I loved it...then 3 of us had the Yeti Oak aged Imperial Stout...so yummy.
Other liquors were had...thankful I had a sober driver to deliver me and my vehicle to my home! :)
Onto new flavors and styles!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The double barrel baptist was better than the hype around it. I'm sad I didn't get more than two of them. I did pick up a few more tweaks and a King Sue (Toppling Goliath D/IIPA). If the King Sue is as good as the regular Pseudo Sue is, I'll be a happy camper. I also got on a first name basis with the local liquor store managers/beer-guys/assistant-managers so they're gonna email me when they get shipments in before they offer other stuff for sale.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
King Sue is excellent.
I'm hoping so. I really want to drink it, but I'm waiting for a buddy (who is an untappd badge junky) to make sure he gets to share mine or gets his own.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
The double barrel baptist was better than the hype around it. I'm sad I didn't get more than two of them. I did pick up a few more tweaks and a King Sue (Toppling Goliath D/IIPA). If the King Sue is as good as the regular Pseudo Sue is, I'll be a happy camper. I also got on a first name basis with the local liquor store managers/beer-guys/assistant-managers so they're gonna email me when they get shipments in before they offer other stuff for sale.
Glad to hear it about the double barrel baptist. I'm trying it tonight along with big bad baptista at a buddy's place.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Glad to hear it about the double barrel baptist. I'm trying it tonight along with big bad baptista at a buddy's place.
Both of them are fucking awesome. I'd buy more if I could. Settled with Liquid Double Fudge and Even More Jesus instead.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Both of them are fucking awesome. I'd buy more if I could. Settled with Liquid Double Fudge and Even More Jesus instead.

Found both yesterday and bought both. Would have bought multiple, but they're $14 each bottle and I've got a fuckton of fancy beer bombers. I need more friends that are classy drunks, apparently.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
You know what is good about working from home on a snow day - I mean besides working in jammies and getting to listen to music as loud as I want it - having a beer with lunch!
Today's choice: Breckenridge Avalanche Amber Ale. (Proper for a snow day, don't you think?)

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, just don't get buried. I almost had one with lunch yesterday but my wife gave me shit for it (since I made a bag of 40 pizza rolls for lunch).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Yeah, just don't get buried. I almost had one with lunch yesterday but my wife gave me shit for it (since I made a bag of 40 pizza rolls for lunch).
I only had one and I had it with a two egg omelette that was filled with vegetables plus a side salad so I think I am on the okie dokie. I can't recall the last time I had a pizza roll...it has been a VERY long time. Plus, the only one here to give me shit is the dog - he's a spoiled rotten little dick who is usually in charge of me but I don't listen to him about my food and beverage choices.

Akeema

Trakanon Raider
Just ordered a bottle of Rodenbach Alexander. Heard it hasn't been brewed since 2001. Figured I would give a shot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I had to work in Sacramento this morning so my day started at 5am. To make the corporate bastards pay I took a lengthy lunch at Mikkeller when I got back. So expensive (expensing that shit!). But so damn good. 42 constantly rotating taps of beers you've never heard of. It can be overwhelming.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I opened this up on new years and it was fantastic

PuBQb8lU808z3sa6qhVBOW0xwdbB6YtbWOQNDkPgcksu2RB5rlbJATa36c45vpnTkq9HT-TiuVsiJNR-KFo=w529-h940-no.jpg

jYepHXD7tykgKmm7BPpkIHsx-L64Tf94BHNmfH_4x03OgVrgstmO2mUfoeGAHPbXOw2KzG5H3X8Zgq4MEtM=w529-h940-no.jpg

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider

They printed 666 all over the bottle, surprised the devil's dick isn't the printed image.

Too bad it's not 666 ML

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I had to work in Sacramento this morning so my day started at 5am. To make the corporate bastards pay I took a lengthy lunch at Mikkeller when I got back. So expensive (expensing that shit!). But so damn good. 42 constantly rotating taps of beers you've never heard of. It can be overwhelming.

That place is awesome. Did you get the charcuterie board?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That place is awesome. Did you get the charcuterie board?

No I got the reuben. It's the best reuben I've ever had. Every time I go (I live on the same street) I want to try something else like the mussels but always end up with the reuben.

I have gotten the charcuterie there before though and it's a very legit spread.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm not really a fan of any 21st Amendment brews. Kinda weak.

Almanac just opened taproom here in SF this week and I went on Friday. Certainly high quality sours, but holy shit at the prices! It was like being a baseball game or something. $9 for 8.5oz pours.

Also, SF Beer Week is upon us. Time to put together that itinerary!