The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The lack of a premiere title is once again sad but This War of Mine is a great game. It's obviously not an expensive game but it's good.

spronk

FPS noob
i just find it so weird they didn't give away knack or killzone with PS+ in Dec. I don't really want either one, and both have been on sale for $5 multiple times, but its like two of t he big first party games that should be on like perma PS+ or something for new PS4 users.

Also Atlus confirmed, for the forseeable future at least, Persona 5 and Yakuza 0 are PS4 only. No PC, xbox, or switch. Yakuza 0 ships Jan 24th (few weeks), just started Dishonored 2 so I can finish that and then hop onto Yakuza when it launches. Never played any of them on PS3 so should be interesting.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
i just find it so weird they didn't give away knack or killzone with PS+ in Dec. I don't really want either one, and both have been on sale for $5 multiple times, but its like two of t he big first party games that should be on like perma PS+ or something for new PS4 users.

Also Atlus confirmed, for the forseeable future at least, Persona 5 and Yakuza 0 are PS4 only. No PC, xbox, or switch. Yakuza 0 ships Jan 24th (few weeks), just started Dishonored 2 so I can finish that and then hop onto Yakuza when it launches. Never played any of them on PS3 so should be interesting.

Knack puzzled me because it's absolutely shitty. At least killzone was decent enough

Szlia

Pro tip to enjoy the Yakuza serie to the fullest: relatively early on in every game there is a character (usually in a bar) that gives you hints as to where you can currently start side quests. Never progress the main story before you run out of side quests. The main story is an over the top gangster story, but all the color, character, satire and comedy comes from the side quests.

Also I am not sure why some people lament the lack of meh AAA games on PS+ when they get three very good games.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Also I am not sure why some people lament the lack of meh AAA games on PS+ when they get three very good games.

Because all they "give" away anymore is indie shit that can be gotten in humble bundles or other means for chump change, when before online play became a mandatory part of PS+ they gave away decent AAA games on the regular. PS+ has sucked for a long time and it's because they know they have people by the balls now and don't have to put any effort into their monthly freebies. Anyone who had PS+ for any length of time during the PS3 days to the present can see the clear fucking drop off from back then to now.

The fact is if online play didn't require PS+ they'd have lost a ton of customers since the PS4 release due to the garbage games they've been shoveling. It's a waste of money compared to the PS3 days otherwise. Hell, even Games with Gold has been far superior in this generation even though Microsoft has had people hooked on paying for online for years and doesn't need to entice people with free games.

So, basically, it's not just about lementing the lack of medicore AAA games, it's an overall feeling that the program is flat out fucking garbage compared to what it once was.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
PS+ is the same as it always was, quality differed because the PS3 had been out for 4+ years when PS+ started handing out games, which also allowed them access to more AAA titles as the generation came to a close.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
PS+ is the same as it always was, quality differed because the PS3 had been out for 4+ years when PS+ started handing out games, which also allowed them access to more AAA titles as the generation came to a close.
And we are at 3 years for ps4???

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider

This is nonsense and anyone who was subscribed for any length of time both back then and now knows it. PS+ used to be something people chose to purchase because it was excellent, now people purchase it because we have no choice. I guarantee you the subscription numbers would plummet it weren't linked to online play.

We are over three years in, don't pretend we aren't getting the same kind of games because this generation isn't old enough. Sony throws us crumbs now because they can, due to having to pay for online, and that's the beginning and end of it. It has absolutely nothing to do with how long the PS4 has been out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, have you played Gravity Rush? The demo seemed pretty much the same as the first game to me. Couple new things added and better graphics because it didn't start off as a Vita title, that's about it.

If you haven't played the first one, there's a somewhat steep learning curve on getting the controls to do exactly what you want.

That said, I'm pretty skeptical about the game being worth a full-price release. Especially when it comes out 4 days before RE7, Yakuza 0, and Tales of Berseria.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I didn't seem to have a problem with the falling-toward-shit-with-flashy-lights mechanic. Kinda fun I guess.

But the combat felt as shallow as a kiddie pool. Am I just supposed to floatkick everything to death?

I'm giving deep consideration to switching from PS4 to XBONE at this point... God of War 4 and SpiderMan aren't until 2018, and 2017 looks incredibly weak for $ony.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The demo was just a tutorial stage so I would think you'll actually have to use the different gravity styles, mix up ground and air attacks, throw shit, etc. to win effectively in the full game. Gravity Rush wasn't particularly difficult though, so I wouldn't expect a ball-crushing challenge from the sequel anyway.

Have you tried the NieR: Automata demo?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Yeah, playing it now. Love the perspective changes.

Not sure it's a purchase for me, though.

spronk

FPS noob
Some good deals at best buy this week, in store or online
  • Untitled-1-1.gif
    Untitled-2.gif
    Final Fantasy XV $39.99 Save $20
  • Untitled-2.gif
    World of Final Fantasy $39.99 Save $20
  • Untitled-1-1.gif
    Untitled-2.gif
    Steep $39.99 Save $20
  • Untitled-1-1.gif
    Untitled-2.gif
    Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection $29.99 Save $30
  • Untitled-1-1.gif
    Untitled-2.gif
    The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Special Edition $39.99 Save $20
  • Untitled-1-1.gif
    Untitled-2.gif
    Fallout 4 $19.99 Save $20
  • Buy Two, Get One Free on all pre-owned game
  • Buy Two, Get One Free on Pokémon collectibles
Thats without GCU, an additional 20% with GCU. $24 for Ezio Collection is fantastic since it comes with a free movie ticket ($8) although the movie sucks balls. Been playing on and off for a month now and I still love AC2, and the PS4 port holds up well with the current patches and stuff, zero problems on a PS4 Pro. I even own the game on PC but prefer playing on console those kinda games.

If you bought any of those games at best buy you can call in / etc to get a price adjustment, I paid $38 for Ezio Collection back in Nov and did an online chat and got back $24 in a few minutes. Gotta love Best Buy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user