The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I got battlefront for 10.bucks or whatever. Figured it would be a decent 'I just want to shoot people" game. Nope dead wrong.

Nothing but rubber banding and very boring battles. Never playing it again.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I played 1 round of hide and seek w/ people becoming iconic characters, and a single player skirmish horde mode thing. Used maybe an hour of my EA Access trial and then never played it again.

Molten Core Raider
http://kotaku.com/rumors-swirl-that-scalebound-is-in-trouble-1790986886

scalebound probably cancelled? page gone from the xbox website and it wasn't in last week's xbox coming this year and next year video.
It's dead :( Your link has been updated and the story is on several outlets. Eurogamer offered a bit more:

This version of the story indicates that production was significantly delayed last autumn when "several senior members of the development team were forced to take a month away from the pressure of the project's heavy workload." When they returned, Scalebound was too far behind schedule and the decision was made to stop development altogether.

Is throwing away years of development time really better than letting the people take a break and finish it behind schedule?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah, that can't be the whole story. They were probably looking at a rewrite or something being needed

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah, Microsoft seems pretty lost in the weeds at this point. There are lots of furious tweets going off around game journalists, that Microsoft withheld payments and made the project impossible to finish and other stuff but who knows whats true. But I mean if you look at the E3 2014 lineup between microsoft and sony, and what got delivered, its pretty sad

Microsoft: Fable Legends (cancelled), Spark (shutdown), Inside (released), Below (unknown), Phantom Dust (cancelled), Crackdown 3 (unreleased), Halo 5 (out), Scalebound (cancelled)
Sony: Deep Down (unknown), Let It Die (out now), The Order (out 2015), Witness (out 2016), Bloodborne (2015), No Man's Sky (2016), Ratchet & Clank (2016), Uncharted 4 (2016), The Last Guardian (2016)

Plus all Microsoft has now at this point is Crackdown 3, Halo Wars 2, State of Decay 2, and Sea of Thieves. The list of Sony PS4 exclusive games is insanely huge still between Kingdom Hearts 1-3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Yakuza, Crash Bandicoot, The Last of us 2, Gran Turismo 7, God of War, Days Gone, Detroit Become Human, Nioh, Spider Man, Gravity Rush 2, etc, etc.

Anyways playing Dishonored 2 at the moment and its fantastic, big bummer it didn't make a bigger splash at launch. Loving the stealth aspect of it, and the levels are all insanely huge.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The first dishonored was a game that I really enjoyed while I played and then promptly forgot everything about it when I beat it and stopped playing.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Fuck yeah

There our packed servers( even hardcore) again Bad company fucking 2.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And DA:O - wife will be stoked, she's been replaying it on PC to get ready to replay Inquisition on the XB1.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
So I bought the 2 TB Firecuda HDD for both my and my sons PS4 (Christmas request). Installs were pretty painless, and load time does seem to have improved.

Regime, I've been slack on getting the XB1 running, will try to do that this weekend.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I bought the 2 TB Firecuda HDD for both my and my sons PS4 (Christmas request). Installs were pretty painless, and load time does seem to have improved.

Regime, I've been slack on getting the XB1 running, will try to do that this weekend.

Cool just got a sandisk SSD drive and the load times are insane.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Dammit, my PS4 fell off my dresser and now it won't read disc =( going to try a couple fixes, already took it apart and cleaned the blu-ray lens. That did not work, might just have to buy a new one. KRA! KRA!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dao was such a fucking shit game

Compared to what? And on what system? I will admit it was a bit wonky for controls on console, but on PC it was top notch. If you say DA2 was better, I will drive up there to smack the living shit out of you though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user