The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I'm guessing pet related - at least I sure hope so. I lost a PS3 to a cat situation back in the day. Was my dumb fault for putting it on top of, instead of inside the entertainment center though. (Although the Superslims were obnoxious to load the disc into while inside one top mounted disc drives FTL)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Da:eek: on PC was awesome. Console sucked ass because of graphics and you couldn't tilt the camera or something. There was some goofy fucking control you couldn't do on console. What was it again?

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I'm guessing pet related - at least I sure hope so. I lost a PS3 to a cat situation back in the day. Was my dumb fault for putting it on top of, instead of inside the entertainment center though. (Although the Superslims were obnoxious to load the disc into while inside one top mounted disc drives FTL)

Was dog related, freaked out from fireworks and grab power cord with leg (I believe). Was on vertical stand so it tipped over pretty easy and quickly.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Da:eek: on PC was awesome. Console sucked ass because of graphics and you couldn't tilt the camera or something. There was some goofy fucking control you couldn't do on console. What was it again?
What was awesome? The stupid short story that I beat in 10 hours or the soulless characters?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I did only the main story and beat it in either 10.or.12 hours

What platform? I liked it. I thought it has a good story and was a great game. Are you sure you aren't confusing this with DA2? I thought the "this is the new shit" advertisement was a lot of lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I did only the main story and beat it in either 10.or.12 hours

giphy.gif

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
No way you finished origins in 10 hours. The origin story arc alone before the game even started fully was 4-6.

Szlia

I have never played any Dragon Age, but at HowLongToBeat, Origins is listed as 40ish hours for an average playthrough of the main game and at 28ish hours for a rushed playthrough of the main game.

PS: Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening is listed as 9ish rushed 13ish average. It's a DLC though, but it's unclear to me if it required the main game or if you could play it as a standalone game. If you could, that may be what Noodle did?

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
No I fucking beat that shit fast and also own awakening so now I'm gonna have to try to see if my save if somewhere

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
DAO was awesome. Noodle deserves his butter cookie tuna casserole.

• 1Like

Vaclav

No way you finished origins in 10 hours. The origin story arc alone before the game even started fully was 4-6.

That's a bit long for the origin stories - but easily 1-2 hrs. Ostagar 1-2 hrs. At minimum speedrunning probably 2-3 hrs per "wing" of the story. (so x4) And post Landsmeet 2-3 hrs. Again all speedrunning, no bantering, no side questing, no chatting with NPCs, no reading, no watching cutscenes. So 12 hrs sounds maybe doable, but you'd be sterilizing the game down to tabbing through conversations and only combat. (Which was rather lackluster if you were playing it on easy - easy you could autopilot most fights)

And no DLC either - which remember, DA:O DLC was incredible besides Angmarrak (which was still OK).

So while I can see the possibility of truth to what he's saying - it would involve absolutely trying to speedrun a game meant to savor. If you're too ADD to enjoy the banter and backstory of the world, sure it'll be disappointing - but then again, basically anything other than a pure action game will at that point.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Noodleface Noodleface is a SuperGamer. :( DA:O was pretty good. Having my dwarf get gay sex from an elf was pretty damn amazing.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Noodleface Noodleface is a SuperGamer. :( DA:O was pretty good. Having my dwarf get gay sex from an elf was pretty damn amazing.

LOL Zevran would mess around with dwarves? And yea dwarf romance animations were pretty hilarious, wife went dwarf finally (she claims she never played one earlier, WTF - best origin stories by far!) and the romance animation with Alistair had some... interesting positioning due to dwarf height.