The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if that delay could be to line it up w/ the Scorpio launch.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I got a question about Amazon Prime. Im on the 30 day free trial and I pre-ordered Yakuza Kiwami with it and got 20% off. The game doesn't get released till August when my Prime will be expired. Will I still get the 20% off or would it be full price when it ships?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Prime discount is applied when it ships since you're also not charged until then.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ahh lame. Will probably just pay for GCU and get it from BestBuy then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Yeah, I just got the notice that I've saved over $250 on shipping and there's still 5 months left until my next renewal. Prime savings will have completely paid for the sub when FF XII ships next month too.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
For games though BB gamers club is a better deal since you are not limited to a two week launch window to get 20% off new games. Any new game at any time at BB with GCU is available for the discount. With that said, yeah not sure what I would do without prime for everything else.

Vorph

GCU doesn't help much if you have to spend $5+ in gas to get to the nearest BB and back though. Two weeks is plenty of time to know if a game is worth buying anyway. Hell, I can't even remember the last time I made a mistake choosing between release day from Amazon vs. using GameFly.

Destiny is the reason I no longer buy season passes before any of the content is out. I can't really complain about the game itself as I got at least a couple hundred hours out of it, but I never even installed any of the DLC that I paid for because Bungie had ruined everything I like about the game by then.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I don't buy a ton of console games, but as someone who's mostly digital, betas, EA Access and the Steam-style refund policy on Xbox let me try most of the stuff I want to play and anything I actually keep I play so much I'm not worried about squeezing out some trade value later (ie Madden).

joz123

Potato del Grande
I just wish amazon pre-orders could be shipped to an amazon locker instead of regular address, mailmen out here are retards and leave shit at my door half the time when I put a note to either leave it in the box or have me pick it up.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That's awesome, unfortunately still requires you to go to a GameStop store.

I can't stand that place. JUST LET ME BUY MY FUCKING GAME LEAVE

Yeah GS is a joke and all they try and do is constantly push shit on you that you dont want.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Yeah GS is a joke and all they try and do is constantly push shit on you that you dont want.

You guys have shitty Gamestops or our employees down here don't give a shit - either way, I have yet to feel pressured into anything. They're like "Want to preorder X/Y/Z?" and I cut them off halfway with a nope, and they leave it be.

spronk

FPS noob
horizon zero dawn, prey, and mass effect andromeda will be $40 at target next week starting june 11th. best buy usually matches

DBhCd6rV0AAdotP.jpg

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
GCU doesn't help much if you have to spend $5+ in gas to get to the nearest BB and back though. Two weeks is plenty of time to know if a game is worth buying anyway. Hell, I can't even remember the last time I made a mistake choosing between release day from Amazon vs. using GameFly.

Destiny is the reason I no longer buy season passes before any of the content is out. I can't really complain about the game itself as I got at least a couple hundred hours out of it, but I never even installed any of the DLC that I paid for because Bungie had ruined everything I like about the game by then.
Yeah, don't regret day one purchase, only that it was the limited edition or whatever that came with the DLC pass. In reality I still would have bought Crota but I 100% would not have bought the next one