The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, they do now.

Also, if you already have a PS3, you could just not get rid of it and use it for a media server. X360/PS3 aren't worth shit for trade-in/sell value anyways.
I'm not going to want to keep my PS3 out in the living room just for streaming purposes, this is a pretty lame move consumer wise.

Column_sl

shitlord
Almost every smart Lg and Samsung have access to plex right now which is superior to everything

Ps3 has always had that shitty blocker on it anyway because of the blueray

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Sony - Minus 1.

Doesn't matter much for me. If I am in the dining room or living room and maybe drinking with my wife and playing board games / cards / guests over / what not - I am usually streaming all my music from Spotify. Why buy that garbage when I can just sub for $9.99 a month and play virtually anything out there. That goes directly to my Apple TV or my Yamaha Blue Tooth reciever.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
PS4 using a shitty 5400rpm SATAII drive is super gaysauce. Guess I'll be ordering a WD Black drive for release.
500gb 5400rpm drive standard is fine so long as I can upgrade it to a drive of my choice and price given how cheap hard drives are these days. And it looks like it will be. Just no proprietary overpriced shit, for example no mp3 support but you can use our overpriced service instead of any service you already subscribe to or music you already own.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Joy oh Joy. Amazon dropped this off today.

9HbgBjQ.jpg

Sean's right. It does feel nice. It has some weight to it, and it sits more comfortable in your hand than the DS3. I might get a chance to play around with it tonight. Does it work with GTA5 right now?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Joy oh Joy. Amazon dropped this off today.

Sean's right. It does feel nice. It has some weight to it, and it sits more comfortable in your hand than the DS3. I might get a chance to play around with it tonight. Does it work with GTA5 right now?
No, it does not work with GTA5, unfortunately. It works flawlessly with Batman AO though! It works with most stuff from what I've read, not sure why it doesn't work with GTA5.

Sean_sl

shitlord
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...cash-and-more/

What is Sony Rewards?

The Sony Rewards Program connects you to all things Sony?. With your free membership, you can earn points for doing the things you already love to do, and you can use those points to get great PlayStation? and Sony products and experiences.

You can learn more about Sony Rewardshere.

What can I get with Sony Rewards points?

You can use your points to get anything in the Sony Rewards catalog or anything sold by Sony Store. That means the latest PlayStation? hardware and games, PlayStation?Plus memberships, PlayStation?Store cash, Sony products, movies, and music. You can also bid your points to for a chance to win unique collectibles or once-in-a-lifetime experiences.Check out the catalog.

Where can I see my Sony Rewards points balance?

To see a detailed view of the points you're earning and browse Rewards, log in to your account on SonyRewards.com. Keep in mind it can take up to 5 business days for your points from your PlayStation?Store purchases to post.

I live in Canada. Why can't I join Sony Rewards?

We're sorry but at this time Sony Rewards is not available outside the United States.

I don't have enough points to redeem for anything on Sony Rewards. How can I use the points?

Not having enough points doesn't mean you have to wait to get what you want. You can purchase the points you need (at a penny a point) using your PlayStation?Card or other credit card during the checkout process. You can also use Sony Rewards points for part or all of your purchase when you shop at Sony Store.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
In other news, after reading your comment about PS4 only having a 5400 RPM hard drive, I saw this on amazon.
Amazon.com: WD VelociRaptor 600 GB Workstation Hard Drive: 2.5 Inch, 10000 RPM, SATA III, 32 MB Cache - WD6000BLHX: Computers Accessories

600 gig 2.5" Raptor (10k RPM). It's only $130 after tax. Ships from some odd name distributor and their shipping methods seem to be shitty, but it looks like you can set up for an RMA through WD directly if it's faulty. So that's a bonus. Hell of a price for an SATA 3 Raptor drive.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Bad move by PS4 (the media stuff) since it will allow XBone to really promote that difference. If PS4 had it, even without bells and whistles, it wouldn't be as much of a selling point.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Bad move by PS4 (the media stuff) since it will allow XBone to really promote that difference. If PS4 had it, even without bells and whistles, it wouldn't be as much of a selling point.
It's really fucking odd that the PS4 does not have DLNA, especially since Sony is the founder of DLNA.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Shit, not only will it not play MP3s, the PS4 won't even play an audio CD at all. Also requires online verification to use a blu-ray disk in it. WTF that's terrible.

I've never, ever seen a blu-ray drive that wouldn't also play audio CDs. It's like Sony specifically went out of their way to disable the option, rather than just choosing not to include it.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure the only blu-ray verification thing is having to have the Day 1 patch to enable the BR player in the OS.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Not sure if it's been posted since I've been away from things awhile, but I didn't see it while skimming to catch up. IW finally confirmed the rumors that cod: ghosts is going to be 1080p on ps4 and only 720p on xbone. I doubt it'll sway many people who are already set on the bone, but it seems like xbone is definitely going to be getting scraps compared to the ps4, especially with the recent BF4 examples someone posted.

Infinity Ward CONFIRMS Ghosts on Xbox One is 720p(upscaled), 1080p on PS4 - Charlie INTEL Blog: Call of Duty Ghosts Modern Warfare 3

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's really fucking odd that the PS4 does not have DLNA, especially since Sony is the founder of DLNA.
I don't think it is odd at all.it's a flat out money grab with their own music drive. Not only are they not supporting mp3 but also they aren't suporting basic level home networking for media and YouTube uploading. I also haven't heard of any app support from other music services. A next gen entertainment device that is supposed to last a decade and it comes out without support for some of the most basic features of the last generation?

Just think about Sony/BMG and this becomes obvious. I doubt it will last more then 6 months though and if MS is willing they can really gain some ground advertising themselves as an all in one entertainment device. That assumes they don't make the same bad decision.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure the only blu-ray verification thing is having to have the Day 1 patch to enable the BR player in the OS.
What's the back story with that? Did they purposefully disable the bluray drive until you connect to their servers?

Sean_sl

shitlord
What's the back story with that? Did they purposefully disable the bluray drive until you connect to their servers?
Pretty sure the story is that it was manufactured 2+ months ago with a barebones OS that made sure to at least play games right. They clearly did not have the OS completely ready at the manufacturing stage when they started and have to patch the majority of the functionality in.

Same goes for the Xbone (which you can't even play games on till you patch), same went for the WiiU.