The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
The DLNA thing is horseshit. Seriously, fuck you Sony.
This is something I could see not being a launch priority. DLNA was introduced to PS3 via a firmware update well after its launch date, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if this was made available on PS4 sometime in the future.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Even if it only has a SATAII controller you can still toss a SATAIII drive in there, it will just run as legacy SATAII

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
Is it possible to output all game audio through DUALSHOCK 4 controller's 3.5mm headset jack?

Yes, you can select the Output to Headsets option to either 'Chat Audio' or "All Audio."
This is quite possibly the most exciting feature for me. No more waking the lady up in the morning even with volume on the TV marginalized. (We live in a studio)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This is something I could see not being a launch priority. DLNA was introduced to PS3 via a firmware update well after its launch date, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if this was made available on PS4 sometime in the future.
Still, if that's the case, they should let us know it's on their roadmap. Hopefully they'll feel pressured to do so at some point.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Only thing I need from a PS4 is Twitch (which PS3 doesn't have yet), Crunchyroll (pretty much all I use my PS3 for most days), and Netflix.

I don't download/store large amounts of media on my PC anymore so don't need it to be able to connect to a media server.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I got a friend with an early leaked copy of the XBone CoD: Ghosts, screenshot for proof. It's huge since it's high resolution so I spoilered it.

iCLoFRfOip4wU.jpg

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Here was their opportunity to say 'just didn't make it into launch, something we hope to add at a later date'

Thanks for the feedback to the lack of MP3 and DLNA support at the launch of PS4. I'll share with the PS4 Dev team for future consideration.
-Shuhei Yoshida (@yosp) October 30, 2013

Sean_sl

shitlord
For those considering 12.5mm drives for the PS4, something to consider:

rrr_img_48116.png
Well, thankfully my go to drives, the WD Blacks, are 9.5 and fit perfectly in the PS3 so they should be fine here too. Hopefully the PS4 does have a SATAIII controller, would be pretty dumb if it didn't. Still worth replacing the drive either way, just that's really cheaping out on hardware there if it's not.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I have no problem if it just didn't make it in for launch (well I do, but wouldn't be too upset). It does not read like that though.

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
I have no problem if it just didn't make it in for launch (well I do, but wouldn't be too upset). It does not read like that though.
Which is disturbing in and of itself. The answers to some of those questions are given with what feels like a finality you don't typically see in this sort of FAQ. Simply "No" rather than "We may look at this as a future feature." So you're quite right - taken at face value, it definitely doesn't read that way. I guess I just can't imagine Sony taking this many steps back from the last generation (with the possible exception being the MP3 vs. MU situation. At least with that, as sad as it is, I can understand the justification).

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
PS4 not supporting DNLA and such may be enough to have me cancel it. Most of my PS3 lifespan was spent streaming video from my pc so this is kinda lame. The launch line up was already thin with KZ being the only title for me to grab. FF15 is coming to xbone already and i have 3pc's so i wont miss shit it seems if i skip out on PS4 atm.