The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
3 Options:

1. It is fake

2. "Haripriya" just made shit up or said something she didn't intend to.

3. "Haripriya," the lowly call center girl in India, broke the news to the world that Sony has ceased all production of a major console one day after launch.

They are all possible, but one of them is a lot less likely.

spronk

FPS noob
the live from playstation stuff is pretty awesome, especially if the person playing has the ps4 camera thing. Its all seamless streaming, I know its the same shit as watching twitch but it all just feels so "right" here, especially being able to jump into the game and how streaming is literally 1 button.

My wifes friend has been depressed after getting divorced recently, I'm gonna tell her to get a ps4 and camera and just stream flower all day, I bet any decent looking chick playing shitty PS4 games will make tons of... friends

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
No god damn it, answer my question first before Ut spirals that chinese shit into two more pages of bullshit.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That thread is such a great example of our reactionary society. While it seems there is a systemic defect (in that most of the problems are about the same thing), there's no way to tell how widespread it is. Also, iss it a design flaw? A manufacturing flaw? A bad batch? Shipping issues? Etc.

Yet, at 3:37AM on Nov 15, there is this post:

Count me in.

Simply ridiculous. 0.4% my backside.
It's like people don't understand that a low probability is still not impossible. I'm not saying that 0.4% is accurate, but if it was, making that kind of statement just hours after release is absurd. Maybe I'm overly sensitive to this kind of thing since I'm a scientist by profession, but it just seems so bizarre.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The network has been so unstable that trying multiplayer has probably been off the table. I have tried to log into netflix and amazon video several times and I guess it goes through psn somehow first and they simply won't load. So I'm guessing the multiplayer is probably not very stable right now either.

Now we can derail the thread by talking about the chinese foxconn problems.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That thread is such a great example of our reactionary society. While it seems there is a systemic defect (in that most of the problems are about the same thing), there's no way to tell how widespread it is. Also, iss it a design flaw? A manufacturing flaw? A bad batch? Shipping issues? Etc.

Yet, at 3:37AM on Nov 15, there is this post:

It's like people don't understand that a low probability is still not impossible. I'm not saying that 0.4% is accurate, but if it was, making that kind of statement just hours after release is absurd. Maybe I'm overly sensitive to this kind of thing since I'm a scientist by profession, but it just seems so bizarre.
It's interesting how many 11-14/11-15 registrations are posting this stuff - the 11-15's vs. older accounts is looking like 10-1 by page 5.... [And PSN accounts can be made for free and posted from a PC... so....]

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And yeah, if its gonna brick, brick now, not two years from now when Sony will charge me to fix it.
I called up tech support for my PS+ issue. Games recognize that I have it, but the store does not, so I'm unable to use any + features within.

While I was on the phone, the girl told me that Sony offered a 4 year extended warranty for the PS4, Controllers & Eye that will extend until November 2017. It'll cover ANY sort of damage to the system, including if I pick it up and drop it. So I gladly gave them my $59.99 for that policy.

If I get bricked a few years down the line, I'll be glad that I did just that.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
You can also buy it directly on the console as well iirc
I from the store near the bottom
think it's three years.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Normally I don't buy extended warranties but 60 bucks for 4 years....yeah probably gonna go do that right now.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I called up tech support for my PS+ issue. Games recognize that I have it, but the store does not, so I'm unable to use any + features within.

While I was on the phone, the girl told me that Sony offered a 4 year extended warranty for the PS4, Controllers & Eye that will extend until November 2017. It'll cover ANY sort of damage to the system, including if I pick it up and drop it. So I gladly gave them my $59.99 for that policy.

If I get bricked a few years down the line, I'll be glad that I did just that.
I'd take that deal. Wish I had that with my PS3. Finally got the YLoD last week. Though, considering how much I've played it and left it on and where it's usually been at, that's not so bad. It's an old fat one so it's pretty old. I can do the hair dryer trick and reanimate it (don't feel like messing with a heatsink reseat right now), but that doesn't seem to last more than one or two turn-ons. At least it's an incentive to prioritize my unplayed PS3 games over my unplayed PC games now.