The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am a shitty person because I have tried multiple times, and I just cannot get into the ND games. I tried TLoU first, and just didn't dig it. Then I got the Nathan Drake collection thinking it might be the setting and stealth/limited resource gameplay of Last of Us, and realized that I cannot stand the control scheme. Uncharted does have an amazing story though, and I really need to just slog through very easy to see it, but then I just feel dirty doing it that way.

Play it on easy at least for the story.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I am a shitty person because I have tried multiple times, and I just cannot get into the ND games. I tried TLoU first, and just didn't dig it. Then I got the Nathan Drake collection thinking it might be the setting and stealth/limited resource gameplay of Last of Us, and realized that I cannot stand the control scheme. Uncharted does have an amazing story though, and I really need to just slog through very easy to see it, but then I just feel dirty doing it that way.

You are bad and and you should feel bad!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know I know... and after trying both PoVs in Fallout 4... it's that I cannot stand 3rd person aiming. I simply cannot do it, and again, I just feel cheap playing the easiest difficulty but I'll try.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know I know... and after trying both PoVs in Fallout 4... it's that I cannot stand 3rd person aiming. I simply cannot do it, and again, I just feel cheap playing the easiest difficulty but I'll try.

Sounds like you're a old school FPS gamer like me. I hated 3rd person in early 2000's too but I think it took Gears of War and Dead Space to break me of that. If the game's action keeps you coming back, the story's compelling and the cover system works you will naturally get used to it. It would be nice to run through Uncharted with 1st person Gatling gun aka Wolfenstein but that would defeat the purpose of the action adventure aspect it's going for.

spronk

FPS noob
gamestop running a 50% trade bonus (60% if pur pro) this weekend on ps4/xbone games, and accessories its on TOP of the values you see on the website/app. Traded in all the games I had on hand and a few controllers - $40 for deus ex, $44 for a ps4 controller, $40 for an xbox one controller, etc. Does NOT apply to the console itself though. You can buy PSN/xbox credit with the trade in value or i guess put it towards battlefield, cod, etc

only got $21 for no man's sky but better than hanging on to it, i bought the limited edition like a sucker :(

spronk

FPS noob
heads up: gears of war 4 codes are now part of the nvidia 1070/1080 promos and obviously some people have figured out ways to get tons and tons of codes legit or not. they are selling them on ebay and places for $15-20, I just bought one for $20 and redeemed just fine.

It redeems straight up on your xbox.com account (nvidia requires you to login to it) so you don't get a xbox key, just redeemed straight into your account so you should use the same one on windows and xbox.

Its a cross play title digitally, like forza horizon 3, so if you own it digitally you can play on xbox one or PC. Its cross play too so both sides can play co-op and multiplayer too, not sure how exactly competitive would work maybe thats console/PC only.

anyways $20 for basically two copies of a multiplayer and SP campaign game is pretty damn good. The ebay link I used is sold out but i'll post one if I see another

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Took about 3 hours on the phone with GameStop to get a promise to send me an email for a code in about 24 hours...

If I had known I could buy the Xbox 360 one and play it on my Xbone I probably wouldn't have bothered calling.

spronk

FPS noob
if you really want an xbox one/xbone S target has a great deal right now, buy a xbone and get any xbone game free. No cap on price, so CEs and bundles count too

$229 gears of war 1 xbox one (NOT S)
Target : Xbox One.
or $299 xbox one S
Target : Xbox One S

add any CE like Mafia 3 ($149) or Rock band 4 ($249 msrp) and it will be free
Target : Xbox One CEs.
Target : Rock Band 4 Bundle.

pay $229+tax, get a $249 game free not bad. I don't want any more xbox one's or any of these game CEs so i'm passing, but if you want a second xbox one or don't have one its a great deal that will probably be shut down later today

Every retailer, incl amazon/gamestop/best buy, is running the "free game with xbox one buy" promo but only target made it open to every xbox one game

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I was going to buy an xbone but now that the games will be on PC anyway I have no reason to. I think they fucked up with that.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was going to buy an xbone but now that the games will be on PC anyway I have no reason to. I think they fucked up with that.

Cool no excuses this time not to play Gears with your Sukik and I.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Just need EA to adopt some form of Play Anywhere and I can probably stop buying consoles. Forza has been great so far.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Well, if recent releases on PC cross play with Xbox One are any indication of what is to come, I wouldn't count on anything actually working correctly for a very long time. First quantum break, and now Forza 3 Horizons. FH3 is having huge issues right now on launch - stuttering, unplayability, even on high end rigs

spronk

FPS noob
PS+ is now $60/yr instead of $50/yr as of a few days ago, i think these games are better than the indie shit they have been shoveling out for years
Resident Evil and Transformers: Devastation are coming to PS Plus on 4th October

Same for EU and NA

Resident Evil (HD), PS4
Transformers: Devastation, PS4
Mad Riders, PS3
From Dust, PS3
Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~, PS Vita
Actual Sunlight, PS Vita

Also Best Buy has an exclusive Skyrim Remaster edition with steelbook and dovakin mask. PC users get it free if you own the original skyrim. I'd recommend PC or xbox one though, remember PS4 fallout didn't support mods eventually. Maybe the PS4 Pro version will or something, i dunno
skyrim special exclusive - Best Buy

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Spronk how you liking Forza I am hearing great things about it? (At least Xbox version)

spronk

FPS noob
Top 3 GOTY for me, love it. Xbone version is beautiful and runs flawlessly, PC version not as good imo but works fine for me (but does not work for many, many people). My top 3 games this year are

Hitman
Uncharted 4
Forza Horizon 3

I'd have Overwatch in the list but I just completely lost interest and haven't played in weeks, and I'm not a Dark souls or Doom guy really

Also just hooked up these 5 port USB hub expansion for ps4, seems to work great so far with controller, gold headset, and USB drive attached. it was 50% off two days ago, probably will be on sale again
Insignia™ - 5-Port USB Hub for PlayStation 4 - Black

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I have my ps4 hooked up at my PC desk(share a monitor) and space is at a minimum so it attaching to the ps4 with minimal space is a huge plus for me.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah, same plus i keep my controller hooked up via wire 99% of the time since i hate running out of charge. the only thing I've heard is some people say their controller or gold headset won't charge with the hub, but I think mine are, it just depends on the quality of the USB cable I think

it hooks right into the front of your PS4 so takes up zero room which is nice