The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Think I'm going to finally buy a system from this gen. As an RPG fan it seems like PS4 is the better choice, right?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If I get a PS4 I'm just going to get a Slim. I don't see any real reason to get a Pro, especially since I just play on an old 720p flatscreen

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If I get a PS4 I'm just going to get a Slim. I don't see any real reason to get a Pro, especially since I just play on an old 720p flatscreen

Yes if you are buying a brand new PS4 and you got a shitty TV w/o 4K you would go Slim with a bundle deal. That would be the only reason not to spend a extra $100 on a pro.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Seems like the Pro will offer better framerates on some titles, which obviously would be regardless of resolution. But meh. Would rather put $100 towards 2-3 more games.

PS4 is the way to go for RPG nerds tho, right?

spronk

FPS noob
when you say RPG thats kinda vague. would dark souls 3 or Deus Ex be an RPG, or are you thinking more classic stuff like witcher 3? what about JRPGs, are you a weeaboo at heart or do you think anime fags are worse than furries? Most western RPGs seem to come to PC first like Divinity, Torment, Pillars, etc with a few making the jump to console. JRPGs are a mixed bag with very few even coming out anymore, although Final Fantasy XV is the big one. PS4 may have a few more like Star Ocean and Kingdom Hearts and next years Horizon Zero Dawn. The more "indie" JRPG stuff like Ys and other stuff is getting ported to PC now more and more, even becoming the primary platform as its hard for japanese devs to get japanese buyers and global audiences are more lucrative, digitally on PC.

but yeah if you are gonna stick to a 720p TV then may as well go for a slim, pro will do nothing for you. If all you want to do is play RPGs though, not really sure you need a console.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The last console I owned was a PS2 BTW.

I'm specifically looking for a console over PC because I want something to permanently setup in my living room and play from my couch. Tho I suppose perhaps a second PC might be a good option for that.

But the biggest console game appealing to me right now is World of Final Fantasy. So I suppose I have some weeaboo tendencies.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I'm specifically looking for a console over PC because I want something to permanently setup in my living room and play from my couch. Tho I suppose perhaps a second PC might be a good option for that.

But the biggest console game appealing to me right now is World of Final Fantasy. So I suppose I have some weeaboo tendencies.

Than yes pick up the slim and add me!

Oh and not a RPG but pick up Uncharted drake collection and UC4. Easily some of the best games I've ever played. Half way through UC2 and I can't get over how beautiful this 2009 remaster is never mind how much fun the gameplay and story is.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So is that Forza on Scorpio? Because until I see the demo first hand on X1, there is no way I am believing that unless there is an ATTROCIOUS level of pop in.

Also, to hell with their microtransactions and now their "VIP Membership" which give people additional events (Which are already flaggable) for additional cash. Die in a fire.

Last edited:

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Get a steam link if all you want is couch gaming and have a PC.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I think it's a bad idea to buy the less powerful console. Bundle deals be damned.

I'm pre-ordering because it's a console release in November. Too close to Christmas to guarantee that'll be in stock. I may not even trade in my old PS4. My kids play an awful lot. I just don't look forward to having two plus memberships to cover both consoles. Oh well, I guess that's the price you pay for having three kids and a wife that also plays games.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Than yes pick up the slim and add me!

Oh and not a RPG but pick up Uncharted drake collection and UC4. Easily some of the best games I've ever played. Half way through UC2 and I can't get over how beautiful this 2009 remaster is never mind how much fun the gameplay and story is.
Do want.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I think it's a bad idea to buy the less powerful console. Bundle deals be damned.

I'm pre-ordering because it's a console release in November. Too close to Christmas to guarantee that'll be in stock. I may not even trade in my old PS4. My kids play an awful lot. I just don't look forward to having two plus memberships to cover both consoles. Oh well, I guess that's the price you pay for having three kids and a wife that also plays games.

Cant you share a PSN account across a few systems? Should only have to have one.

Is steam link better now? when I got it last year I did not like it as it did not seem very stable, have not tried it in 6 months. The price was right at $59

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You don't have UC? Pick it up.
Nah until Bloodborne I've not been much of a console player since the PS2. I need to get those though.

Playing Until Dawn atm and replaying Bloodborne. About to start Dark Souls 3 with my brother on the Xbone too.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Cant you share a PSN account across a few systems? Should only have to have one.

You can sign on to several systems, but they have some kind of mechanism in place where you specify a single "Home system" so that your plus account is tied up to that one. To play multiplayer the other system would also need an account which has a plus membership and that system set as "home" there. It makes sense I guess, but sorta blows.

What I'm wondering is that if I have plus accounts on each system, and my account is on each system, if I sign on once and download a game, the other users can access it. Maybe that's a function of the home system, maybe not. It's more complex than it needs to be, but their goal is making money, not making my multi-system household work.

All that said I'll have to think about this. It's a slippery slope.