The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
like 90% of people on neogaf have posted they have cancelled so i think there will be tons available. best buy and target will be selling in store on launch day. i don't think it'll be tough to find, especially at that price point and how niche the target market is

on xbox one, lost odyssey got BC today and its supposed to be a fantastic JRPG, dunno i'm not enough of a weaboo to know shit like that. anyways gamestop is selling it for $14.99, but stickers in store are still $9.99 today (they jacked the price up like 30 mins ago) so if you have one nearby you can probably still get it for $10. I got two at the ones near me for $8.99 np, its a 22gig download (!) and you need disc 1 in the drive. There is no digital version of the game (yet?) so the only way to play/own it is physical disc
Lost Odyssey

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I loved Until Dawn. Fantastic setting and atmosphere. I hope they make a sequel. Different setting and story like an Anthology.

Maybe a jungle/beach like the book/movie "The Ruins" setting next haha.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Maybe a jungle/beach like the book/movie "The Ruins" setting next haha.

I was thinking like a bunch of early Twenties kids (Like the last group) head into an Asylum over Halloween to pretend they are ghost hunters for a night, and then things start to go very wrong.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I tried PSVR at Best Buy last week. I couldn't get it in focus. Occasionally as I moved the headset around it would focus briefly, then quickly go fuzzy again.

Bigtime gimmick. VR blew its load too early again.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was thinking like a bunch of early Twenties kids (Like the last group) head into an Asylum over Halloween to pretend they are ghost hunters for a night, and then things start to go very wrong.

Like Outlast? That could work. How about we make a few of them college journalism majors from some liberal arts college who are trying to dig up stories on how the owners were racists back in 1893!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That would be awesome. The more you kill off, the better the ending. Sort of a twist. You only find out at the end that if they all survive you lost the game.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, just cancelled my PSVR, trying to save for a house, don't have time for shitty gimmicks. Get back to me when its $150 and works well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Systems routinely drop frames below acceptable as is. Can't even imagine how shitty the vr will be on the current gen systems.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
anyone still keeping their Playstation VR pre orders? I'm going to cancel mine, I barely use my oculus rift and with the ton of non VR games coming out this fall I don't feel excited about a single VR game. I regret buying the rift tbh
Yes, if only to flip it. They are still sold out everywhere.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I don't know about that... Microsoft doesn't even know what Scorpio is yet. It's a year away, best case scenario.

Xbone slims probably outsell PS4 slims because more people have PS4s than Xbones. I wouldn't think about it too much.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
More reason to pick up a One S for new and current users, while the Slim is a step back for some (no optical port) and a minor upgrade at best for others (size, g-band wifi support) and is releasing not too soon before the Pro. Sales comparison is kinda apples to oranges in context.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
in the long-term (i.e. ~3 years after Playstation 5 hits), PS4 Slim could be the top selling model from the 4 generation. its the obvious choice for anyone that doesn't already have a 4, there's just not much reason for people to be jumping on it so soon after release.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I just bought the Xbox 1 S - $299 with Halo and a free game (Forza Horizon 3) is a great deal considering the 4k support I thought.... Maybe I'm out of touch, but I haven't turned on my PS4 since DS3 and will use the Xbox as a media player more than anything. Whoever posted the Target deal, my wife hates you!

spronk

FPS noob
another blow to PSVR, Sony announced today that PSVR won't do pass through HDR so if you have any HDR content that is sourced from the PS4 (games, movies, TV) you have to, and I am not kidding here, disconnect the PSVR processing unit and hook the PS4 / PS4Pro directly to your TV.

Between PS4 Pro not doing UHD 4k bluray and now PSVR not doing pass through HDR its really easy sitting both out, if Sony doesn't come up with some new good shit next year Scorpio is going to start dominating.