The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Malkav

French Madman
So, it seems like Sony is finally ready to join the the 21st century and integrate folder support on the PS4 in order to organize the dashboard with the 4.0 update.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
ps4 4.0 firmware beta emails just went out, you get a redeem code. Code expires 10/13, hopefully the beta doesn't go on that long.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
It might, seems like a pretty decent UI change. I bet there are going to be ultra careful before they push that out to everyone.

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
The Library changes make me happy. I wonder if they will go so far as to actually let me remove demos from my library permanently. I doubt it, so I guess I'll just bury them all in a "Useless crap" folder?

spronk

FPS noob
christ this forum has become unreadable with all this imported shit

anyways best buy is running a 50th anniversary sale tonight starting at 8pm PST, here are the prices for games from CAG. This is pre GCU i think, 20% more discount with GCU (not sure). NOT LIVE YET, will be at 8pm PST / 11pm EST. Will also be some TVs and shit on sale, their version of amazon prime day I guess

Consoles:
  • Free Dusk Shadow Controller, $50 Best Buy Gift Card, and FIFA 16 with purchase of an Xbox One 1TB console
  • Xbox One 1TB Tom Clancy's The Division Bundle $299.99
  • Xbox One 1TB Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle $299.99
  • Get Destiny and a Choice of Two Select Games with the purchase of the PlayStation 4 500GB Call of Duty: Black Ops III Bundle $349.99
$9.99:
  • Final Fantasy XIV: Havensward
$14.99:
  • Mighty No. 9
  • WWE 2K16
  • NBA 2K16
  • Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
  • Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack
  • The Last of Us: Remastered
  • Until Dawn
  • Bloodborne
  • Minecraft
  • LittleBigPlanet 3
  • God of War III: Remastered
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • The Order: 1886
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • Tearaway Unfolded
  • Helldivers: Super Earth Edition
$18.99:
  • NBA 2K16
  • Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
  • Grand Theft Auto V ps3/360
  • Assassin's Creed Syndicate
$19.99
  • Prison Architect
  • Rodea: Sky Soldiers
  • Dragon Quest Heroes
  • Evolve: Ultimate Edition
  • Just Dance 2016
$23.74:
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
$24.99:
  • The Witcher: Wild Hunt
  • Fallout 4
$28.99:
  • WWE 2K16
  • Battleborn
$29.99:
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Mirrors Edge Catalyst
  • Carmageddon: Max Damage
  • Guitar Hero Live Standalone Guitar
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
  • MLB 16: The Show
  • Ratchet & Clank
$33.24:
  • Grand Theft Auto V ps4/xbone
  • Tom Clancy's The Division
  • Far Cry Primal
$34.99:
  • Homefront: Revolution
$39.99:
  • Street Fighter V
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • One Piece: Burning Blood
  • Mighty No. 9 Signature Edition
  • UFC 2
  • Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
  • Star Wars Battlefront Deluxe Edition
  • Lego Dimensions Starter Pack
$44.99:
  • Lego Dimensions Starter Pack
$49.99:
  • Guitar Hero Live
  • UFC 2 Deluxe Edition
  • Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 Deluxe Edition

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
c'mon, where's a $99 Rock Band Band in a Box when you need one.

Mad Catz sitting on $8m in inventory that they can't sell in a month, where are the clearance deals.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Sony has got to have some of the most retarded customer service policies ever.

Someone got into my account and deactivated my console and activated theirs as the main console. Not a huge deal since I don't keep a CC on file, but lo and behold Sony's policy is to only allow one deactivation every 6 months. The circumstances apparently don't matter, their response is to let whoever stole my account keep it for 6 months. I don't even have any digital games besides PS Plus games so it's not like I'm sharing my account with anyone. They just refuse to do anything.

I've changed my login ID so I doubt whoever got in will be able to even do anything since that makes you have to log back in.

spronk

FPS noob
that really sucks, I've seen on gaf people eventually get their shit back but its a real hassle.

On the positive front two factor authentication is coming in, already out in NZ and Australia and should be out in USA in the next week or two. I'd highly recommend everyone turn that shit on.

spronk

FPS noob
if you are in the market for a new TV for gaming two great deals on right now, Vizio P 55" and Samsung KS8000 each are $1100 for 55"
VIZIO - 55" Class (54.64" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - SmartCast - 4K Ultra HD Home Theater Display with High Dynamic Range - Black
Samsung UN55KS8000 55" Class 4K SUHD Smart LED TV, 240 Motion Rate, Wi-Fi

Tech specs on each
Vizio P Series 2016 Review (P50-C1, P55-C1, P65-C1, P75-C1)
Samsung KS8000 Review (UN49KS8000, UN55KS8000, UN60KS8000, UN65KS8000)

The Vizio is better for pure console gaming, but it does not have a cable TV tuner input and the remote consists of a tablet running android casting apps (no native apps built into TV). It does NOT support 4:4:4 at 1080p so not a good choice if you are going to attach a PC.
The Samsung supports 4:4:4 at 1080p and is a lot better choice if you are going to hook up a PC for movies/TV.

Not sure if either has updated HDR support yet either.

spronk

FPS noob
PS4 slim images have started leaking too, dunno if real or fake

S9JOxNeh.jpg

Z29lHKoh.jpg
SdWV975.png

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
starting sep 22 PS+ price will go up $10 to $60
PlayStation Plus: Free Games for August 2016

i prepaid via $30-40 cards till 2020 but man hope they add better games, PS+ games have been shit for years now

totally agree. the Donald Duck's Fuckery Factory indie games on ps4 have been the worst. Rocket League was the best PS+ game for ps4, and the vita games have been halfway decent. But man has it been lackluster since the ps4 launched.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Sony has got to have some of the most retarded customer service policies ever.

Someone got into my account and deactivated my console and activated theirs as the main console. Not a huge deal since I don't keep a CC on file, but lo and behold Sony's policy is to only allow one deactivation every 6 months. The circumstances apparently don't matter, their response is to let whoever stole my account keep it for 6 months. I don't even have any digital games besides PS Plus games so it's not like I'm sharing my account with anyone. They just refuse to do anything.

I've changed my login ID so I doubt whoever got in will be able to even do anything since that makes you have to log back in.

I had this same issue a while ago, you can have them delete all the hardware info that is tied to your PSN account, but Software you can only reset once every 6months.

Go here PlayStation Console Deactivation You'll get word back after a day or two stating that all Hardware Info has been purged from your PSN account(change your password before sending the info) You should then be able to set your PS4 as the primary.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user